minya

Cool cargo pants. An oxymoron? Contradiction in terms? Not necessarily. Despite cargo pants and fedoras being staples of the typical greasy anime nerd's wardrobe, they can look great when they're done right. What separates the good from the bad, in my opinion:

• Slim pockets. I hate huge pockets.
  • Straps, shit hanging off of them. This is really iffy, though, because too much and you're in Hot-Topic-goth-land and that's bad news. But I find a couple of well-placed dangly things can make a good pair of cargos great.
  • Color -- black or dark military green, always.
  • Bottom cinch -- this is what I'm looking for mostly. I need some pants to tuck/blouse into boots.
  • Leg width -- slim looks great (and different) but I think baggy cargo pants are great, too. Just has to be done right.

So, everyone: find/post some cool cargo pants. Especially if you tell me where to buy them. So far Julius seems to be pressing my buttons most of all, but they're fucking absurdly expensive (then again, I did at one point think $100 jeans were outrageous).

Despite cargo pants and fedoras being staples of the typical greasy anime nerd's wardrobe.

Oh man, reminds me to much of myself all throughout highschool, well, without the fedora, but you got the nerd and cargo part dead-on. Thank god I grew out of that and began to finally warm up to fashion and other design aspects.

Well, as for cool cargos I really loved the Undercover co. wool cargos that insidertrading was wearing in WAYWT. I'd love to track them down.

nov30c.jpg

I personally love lowrey's cargos to death. Haven't seen them in any online stores lately but they're slick.

I don't really have problems with cargo pants persay, its when I see a pair of cargo shorts that I immediately imagine whoever is wearing them in a backwards Texas Longhorns hat, chugging beer from a funnel at a Dave Matthews concert.

But on pants, the number of pockets is my biggest gripe. Companies tend to go overboard a lot.

Oh man, reminds me to much of myself all throughout highschool, well, without the fedora, but you got the nerd and cargo part dead-on. Thank god I grew out of that and began to finally warm up to fashion and other design aspects.

Well, as for cool cargos I really loved the Undercover co. wool cargos that insidertrading was wearing in WAYWT. I'd love to track them down.

nov30c.jpg

yeah, i've been searching for those everywhere ever since i saw them..

but what kind of shoes would you ever wear with something like that? all i can think of is this season's cloak boots.

man, i can remember a time when only really skateboarders wore cargo pants ( new deal!!!)...you wouldnt really see the normal joe wearing them in mid 90's..then around 98,99 everybody seemed to jump on the bandwagon...

surprisingly, i think i might have seen a pretty good looking pair of true religions? at barneys..not a big fan of the nice collective ones..

yeah, i've been searching for those everywhere ever since i saw them..

but what kind of shoes would you ever wear with something like that? all i can think of is this season's cloak boots.

I think any boots would look good with this. White boots, saddle leather boots, grey boots... round toe, engineers, pointy chuckas, combat, ANYTHING

forgive me, I'm going through boot rage/withdrawal since I promised not to buy anything else after superfuture party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minya viewpost.gif

Despite cargo pants and fedoras being staples of the typical greasy anime nerd's wardrobe.

Quoted for truth, that was me through out jr high and half of highschool.

got enough pockets? fit is very nice, but the amount of pockets remind me of parachute pants

Uh. I think that's why they are called flight pants. Personally I think the look works with a simple top and/or blazer and my engineer boots. Gives contrast and complements the sleakness of the rest of my silhouette.