Michael J Krell Clothing

michaeljkrell

These look like garments you'd find at a Korean swap meat. Somewhat unorthodox designs but one can't be sure if it's due to foreign idiosyncrasy, factory error, or simply a Chinaman trying to make a buck.

I understand the insecure Styleforum kids eating this up, but come on Superfuture! I thought you guys were more critical.

Not to dissuade you, Michael J. Krell. Props for getting off your ass and doing something. I have no idea how you managed to access the resources required to produce your own cut n' sew line, nor would I be able to. It's just that the designs you've presented to us are so pedestrian, maybe you should consider designing pajamas instead.

If you would like to put in the first order for official superfuture organic cotton indigo thermal underwear, we will whip up a pair for you :) I swear...

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

organic cotton indigo thermal underwear

I dont think anyone here needs any more help shrinking their sperm count:D

Cant wait for the shirts. Unfortunately i can start wearing them right away thanks to florida weather.

We will be doing a couple of t-shirts for spring. My brother is a pretty incredible artist, and I am going to see if he can do some simple designs on them. I actually want him to do something like this

jan42.jpg

but we would probably have to sell them for around $60 or $70 because he does it all by hand. I think I will have him do a couple and see what kind of response they get.

Is that silkscreened or embroidered? Thanks for the arm pictures btw. Could I expect the Italian one to hang similarly?

It is actually hand painted.

If you buy your size, ie, don't size up, don't size down, then the jacket will be a little more relaxed. The guy who the bought the linen jacket sample, said that he may be taking pictures of it today. If he does, then I will post them here...

These look like garments you'd find at a Korean swap meat. Somewhat unorthodox designs but one can't be sure if it's due to foreign idiosyncrasy, factory error, or simply a Chinaman trying to make a buck.

I understand the insecure Styleforum kids eating this up, but come on Superfuture! I thought you guys were more critical.

Not to dissuade you, Michael J. Krell. Props for getting off your ass and doing something. I have no idea how you managed to access the resources required to produce your own cut n' sew line, nor would I be able to. It's just that the designs you've presented to us are so pedestrian, maybe you should consider designing pajamas instead.

dude, i'm sorry, but this is just so off the mark. he's doing basic knitwear with some relatively subtle styling, and it looks good. this isn't a galliano runway show for fuck's sake.

and considering the wealth of people here who like understated pieces with decent construction, i'm not at all surprised by the sufu interest.

also, what's the point of criticism in this sort of situation if you aren't going to be constructive? just being a jerk?

finally, the term chinaman is a bit dated. get on the trolley, rube.

That shirt has been washed like a dozen times. When you use an acrylic mixture, it doesn't come off. It isn't all-together smooth, but you really don't notice it...

In that case, for $70 I'd definitely get one, since it'll be done by hand could I order it for a specific shirt design?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just posted some hoodies that are haindpainted by my brother Ben. I will try to get his resume up on the other SF soon, but it is pretty impressive. His work was hailed by one of the premier New York art magazines about 6 years ago. He is currently working on shows in Belgium and Paris. You are basically getting a Ben Krell original with each purchase. His artwork normally sells for $10K+. The design will hold up very well in the wash. These are not just quick 5 minute scribbles either, each of these designs, on average, took an hour to complete...

ben1big.jpg

ben2big.jpg

ben3big.jpg

ben3wear.jpg