ACE Denim ~Dress-o-Rama~

abstraktgeformt

Has anybody heard of this label?!

http://www.dress-o-rama.com/content_start.htm

ace1954-silver-ed.jpg

The site doesn't really work, but you can order from www.vintagedenim.de, they also have some general info on them (German only as it seems) .

Searched the forum, but didn't find anything... Ban me, if it's like the 1000th thread on this or something.

I don't like the race backstitching, but Kaihara selvage denim surely sounds nice to me for fucking 99€!! I'm drooling....

They say "Made in EU", so I guess they are made in Turkey judging by the price... but of course I don't know that for sure.

It's not like this label has blown me away or anything, but it's always nice to find out about new brands especially when they are affordable, so I thought I'd share.

The site doesn't really work, but you can order from www.vintagedenim.de, they also have some general info on them (German only as it seems) .

Have you ordered from that site? I tried to order from them a while back and I got nothing. They haven't charged my card, they didn't send a confirmation email, and they didn't send a fuck you we don't ship to the US email.

No, not yet, but I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of these.

Thing is, this is a German shop and I live in Germany, so most likely I won't encounter any problems... I'll keep you posted.

As they don't have an English version of their shop, I just assume they don't know shit about English?! xD

Hi, I wear them since about 2 month and they are great, I love them. They got all the details of a vintage jeans but aren't a copy of something. Croth rivet, buckleback, rivets on back pockets and nice stitching on pockets. Be carefull when ordering, the actual edition is labeled to big. I wear a 30 waste and my ace is labeled with 28. The exact measures are shown on the homepage. I ordered via www.rock-a-ticki.com

The guy over there is very cool, but indeed, he had a lot to do the last months because he changed location of his shop in berlin.

They do ship to the USA though ;-) And the jeans WERE really nice ,and Im sure have gotten even better .. if they still use kaihara denim ...

aloha AT rock-a-tiki . de < remove spaces no doubt will help all you NON spammers ..

danger go for it contact um ..

abstrak the store and the company are one in the same

oh and if anyone orders the black beware .. they run SMALL > very

I think it's a rockabilly guy who started this line with the intent of marketing to the rockabilly crowd. I think they had a problem a couple years ago with a bunch of their product getting stolen straight out of the factory and then sold on eBay. They're well made, but the detailing is a bit too over-the-top with ace o' spade rivets and stuff like that.

They are supposed to "repro-ish" of LEE's design , but instead in a racing stripe/checker flag thingie interpretation to hint to the rockabilly crowd that these jeans fucking rock ( and roll )

ya dig ?

but yes Im tired of the design myself on mine . I was gonna wait til they faded nicely 12 months or so then pull them leaving a darker area behind where the stitching used to be ..

but eff it , razor blade and seam puller here I come asap ....

I am wondering what makes the Silver Editions any different than the others besides the silver coloured thread on pocket n chit .. silver selvage ? oo ahh

?

but yes Im tired of the design myself on mine . I was gonna wait til they faded nicely 12 months or so then pull them leaving a darker area behind where the stitching used to be ..

but eff it , razor blade and seam puller here I come asap ....

Could you post some pictures after you removed the stitching? Actually that's the only thing holding me back right now...

Has anybody heard of this label?!

http://www.dress-o-rama.com/content_start.htm

Searched the forum, but didn't find anything... Ban me, if it's like the 1000th thread on this or something.

I don't like the race backstitching, but Kaihara selvage denim surely sounds nice to me for fucking 99€!! I'm drooling....

They say "Made in EU", so I guess they are made in Turkey judging by the price... but of course I don't know that for sure.

It's not like this label has blown me away or anything, but it's always nice to find out about new brands especially when they are affordable, so I thought I'd share.

THANKS FOR THE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!

Here a few details about our jeans: the whole garment is made in the EU, that means, we don´t use Kaihara denim (we had used it for the last editions), the denim is produced in Italy by a really small factory on the original looms and the jeans are NOT made in Turkey (Turkey is not EU as far as we know... ;-))

TO DAVE: sorry for that, we had some problems with our webshop, some orders never arrived on our E-Mail-account and were lost in space, but we work on it at the moment to sort it out (we also work on the English version. Yes, we DO speak a little bit of English after all...)

TO MARKUS: Danke für die Blumen!

TO TONY: Your version is nearly correct!

TO NUMERO UNO: we DON´T copy Lee or Levi´s or any other label, we put the best things (for us) of the jeans of the 1930´s to the early 1950´s in a shaker, mixed it and ready is the ACE. We were running a shop for the last 6 years where we sold vintage denim & repros (Levi´s, Lee; Blue Bell and, of course, ACE and nobody of the customers called the ACE a LEE-Repro. Good idea with the stitching, by the way.

Why Silver Edition? The Cinchback is silver and the thread grey, the old editions had a brass Cinchback and yellow thread.

TO ACEKIEFER: Sorry, slim fits are not our cup of beer ....

(we had used it for the last editions), the denim is produced in Italy by a really small factory on the original looms and the jeans are NOT made in Turkey (Turkey is not EU as far as we know... ;-))

You got me........ Our fellow Germans kinda always make me think they are already part of Europe. No racsism.

Cool you guys found your way here... kind of a good place to reach out to some of your hardcore audience. ;)

I never said you copied it - but the symbol is obviously a Lee'ish symbol .. stevie wonder could've saw that in fact I am sure ..

it was supposed to be a stylized racer-flag (like the flags on our old stock-card label).

but we will change the curves for the next edition (we will call it THE STEVIE-WONDER- or THE RAY-CHARLES-EDITION, we´re not sure yet ;-) comin´ in march 2007

ace.jpg

Photo of the denim at 40 days or so wear total ( not worked in or anything hard yet )

2u44yde.jpg

True color is between the top and this more bright than above less blue than this

http://i12.tinypic.com/339unhv.jpg

Showing the mild darkness left behind after removing stitching - but these still have 95% of all their color so not dramatic at all ( look between purple )

http://i10.tinypic.com/43cr7tj.jpg

Final shot showing what stitching I left for a little flair might remove more later

http://i3.tinypic.com/30vlkbq.jpg

• 3 months later...