Midwest SF Party

fade to black2

oookay 3 people in a row ignored my oh so serious question .

I know when Im not wanted ... :-(

it's because your question was really vague.... you need someone to take you somewhere in chicago after you've arrived in chicago (or currently live nearby)?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I can't be of any help, but you could always drive in and use a map for directions, that's how I did it last time and was very successful at arriving at my destination!

And yeah, new initiates are invited.

I was saying everyone seems to KNOW chicago or at least be familar with so that the park would not be something never heard of before , like in my case .

If I drive up - who could/would/should be my contact or what not for me to follow to the park .

gimme an address at least of something across from the park so I can maps.com it beforehand

here's the general area of wicker park, made by the triangle of western/division/milwaukee, if i'm not mistaken - haven't been there myself, but it looks straight forward. once a meeting place is picked, i think you'll be fine.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Wicker+Park,+Chicago,+IL&ie=UTF8&ll=41.904896,-87.668667&spn=0.010732,0.054932&z=14&iwloc=addr&om=1

jwied if we meetup im biting you . Hard and DEEP ..

passant thanks much

well, i am from illinois.. but about 4 hours away from chicago.

Sorry bout being an ass, i just hate it when people get all panicy about directions and finding places.. its generally pretty easy to figure out how to get somewhere without needing someone to tell you.

Having never been to Wicker Park, and having not moved to Chicago yet, I delegate Cheep master of picking a place to meet/ things for us to do.

I don't know how feasible it would be for Corned and me to get out of the city, I certaibly don't have a car. Please come down!

midwest i think of...anywhere a Big 10 school is located ('cept for penn state), umm...kentucky i would consider midwest (might as well, i dont get southern vibes from there). Nevada is west coast. Oh yeah add the Dakotas, i'd say those are midwest.

apparently, you have never visited the bluegrass state!

at any rate, as far as a meetup is concerned, consider me there...

the south isn't like one uniform mass with exactly the same kind of hick...there are many varieties of hicks. the ones you'll find in kentucky will probably be the rural hillbilly type, except in the city where they will be city raised country rockers or sumthin...

once every 3 months or so i go back home to st.louis and this happens to fall in that time.... i usually would stay til the 30th or so, but i think ill make a earlier trip back to chicago if this is going down for real....

wicker park has pretty much everything we could need.... plenty of great eateries and shops to keep us busy...as well as a park, obviously, if for some reason we feel inclined to use it.......and bars if we wanted to end the day with a night cap..

if someone knows the area and offers a starting point/meet up area im down for whatever

I am bumping this so everyone knows that we are meeting on the 29th somewhere in Wicker Park at a time TBD and some people will show up in denim, I bet, and some won't, but we'll all have a good time.

September 29th. You should all plan up and get psyched and I will come and meet all of you and we'll be really happy. Corned Beef and Cultpop have been nominated to lead this effort! I hope to see you all soon.

OK,

So how many ppl are planning to come out the 29th?

May I suggest a few locations for eats and shoots --

Rodin is in Wicker Park, has good food and drinks for i-guess-ok-prices... and if ppl get there early enough (like 8:30) they don't card. There's a reasonable and good byob hookah place and all-around great tobacco shop called Guess Hookah on Chicago west of Ashland.

As for photoshoot places...the steel plant and associated bridge on Cortland and the Chicago River is cool during the day--there's also an industrial parts dump nearby. ...and this really loud, outrageous place is further down Elston and I think Division (I'll check it out)--Goose Island (actual island and home of a brewry) is also right there at Division & the river. ...and then there's always Calder's Flamingo or the lakefront or buckingham fountain or millenium park...tourist stuff.

We can do the shoot first, trek to wicker park -- walk around/shop, and then eat/smoke/drink/party.

and for folks serious about this--PM me--we should swap cell#s.

Ah...and people who have bikes (or can rent one) and have nothing better to do on a Friday night at 6PM then definitely meet up wif me the nite before for CCMX at Daley Plaza. :]