Sign in to follow this  
Dick Danger

supersearch

Its not working properly for me either. When I try to search something, only one or 2 threads pop up when there should obviously be way more.

I actually get kicked back to the search page if i try the search this thread feature

not working for me, I tried searching for "paris" in superjetset and got 1 result, couple of days ago I got 4 pages of stuff.

Guest Goose25
not working for me, I tried searching for "paris" in superjetset and got 1 result, couple of days ago I got 4 pages of stuff.

hey kids, one of the issues with a big board like supertalk is making sure everything is optimised and running nicely - after a while all these posts and threads become a kind of 'soup' of data... good for searching but not so good for the supertalk system

once every two weeks I optimise and run 'tidy-up' procedures that speed supertalk up - but what that sometimes does is lower the search results for a day or two

waddyado?

Guest vgnome

Hey -- I think the problem is a bit larger then that, i've been getting zero results for the past month or so. It just goes straight back to the advanced search page when you try to search. This includes searching within threads.

I know I'm a newbie, but I get the exact same problem. I search for "belt" & get like eight results when I've seen more than eight on the 1st page...

yea I've been trying to keep an eye on it, and to me it seems like it has been down a lot more then once every couple of weeks. any ideas Goose? :confused:

I guess we can't tell people to "use the fucking search button" for a bit. Hope this gets sorted soon.

Guest Goose25

I am running maintenance ALOT more these past few weeks so will take a peek under the hood and see what I can find.

makes SuFu sound like a beat up car.

is it possible theres a virus? how can a board get a virus?

not that thats what im into, just to make clear

Guest Goose25

think of it more as a formula1 - real quick and likes tlc

during maintenance (friday) I will enable full text searching and we can see how that works - my information says it will increase the results via the vbulletin engine