Movie Discussion

soundune

hounsou was amazing..he better grab that oscar on sunday night for best supporting or i'll be upset. he made me cry! =D

however i do think that a lot of people arent completely aware of what went on a few years ago in sierra leone so i think its important for people to know .

and yeah.......i do like certain actors...... ;-) lol

hounsou was amazing..he better grab that oscar on sunday night for best supporting or i'll be upset. he made me cry! =D

however i do think that a lot of people arent completely aware of what went on a few years ago in sierra leone so i think its important for people to know .

and yeah.......i do like certain actors...... ;-) lol

He is really good and I would also like him to win but have a feeling that Eddie Murphy will take it. (Also good in Dreamgirls)

I also saw Zodiac today. Pretty good but not great. Though, I think it will do well in the box office.

He is really good and I would also like him to win but have a feeling that Eddie Murphy will take it. (Also good in Dreamgirls)

I also saw Zodiac today. Pretty good but not great. Though, I think it will do well in the box office.

for whatever reason, i had no desire to see dream girls what so ever, thats one of the only nominated movies i didnt see. zodiac...i think i'd only see it for jake gyllenhall to be completely honest. i reallllly want to see Breach...

Dreamgirls is good, you should see it. If you're only going to see Zodiac for Jake, just wait for the dvd. I think he's a pretty mediocre actor so I didn't expect too much from him in this movie.

I think movies nominated tonight as best foreign language are must see. Especially The Lives of Others, Pan's Labyrinth and After the Wedding. Great films with great stories.

oh who cares...i don't hide my sexual deviancy online, like they always say it's "just the internet." you'll probably never meet any of us anyway.

man i do need a good quality of that Jenna Jameson Up & Cummers though...that's my holy grail.

http://www.excaliburfilms.com/AdultDVD/42852D10_Up_and_Cummers_10_dvd.htm

Sorry.. came late to this thread.

for whatever reason, i had no desire to see dream girls what so ever, thats one of the only nominated movies i didnt see. zodiac...i think i'd only see it for jake gyllenhall to be completely honest. i reallllly want to see Breach...

breach was good

kinda slow, but interesting

i would like to discuss shooting aces

now i wanted to like it so much and there is pletny to like

-the basic premesis

-the lawyer who puts the bounty hunters on retainer. awsome comedy

-the karate kid. again v funny. look at his peen grow!

-the actor who played buddy holly. nice depiction

-alesha keyes is fine

-the marketing

but the sum of the total was definately less than its part.

why?

i hate u hollywood :(

i never noticed this topic before so here i go

Run, Ronnie Run

i have not heard good things about this and i am a fairly big mr show fan, so i dont know who to trust.

these and many many more...

Usual Suspects

Trainspotting

Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Snatch

Fight Club

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

True Romance

Kill Bill vol.1

Sin City

Ocean's Eleven

Scarface

Goodfellas

Godfather trilogy

Lord of the Rings trilogy

American History X

Heat

Kidulthood

Kids

Whassup Rockers

Ken Park

Lucky Number Slevin

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

24 hour party people

Lords of Dogtown

Fast and the furious

Gladiator

Lost in Translation

i have not seen some of these but from what i have we have a similar taste. also i have never seen heat, i have a friend that has promised to let me borrow his copy and years later i have not seen it.

irreversible

the range and depth of emotion and physical reaction this film evoked in me was astounding.

the concept of the way the fiolm is shot is reminiscent of memento and the editing is second to none. and the soundtrack is literally out of this world

but the graphic physical violence depicted on screen, i have never seen before and frankly never want to see again.

forget about hollywood cartoon violence-lite.

this hurts to watch

all this and i couldnt finish it yesterday

will try again tonight

so watch it ASAP

<repost from the forign film thread.>

i saw this movie in the theater, it had one of the most brutal revenge scenes i had ever seen. the only things that really bothered me was the extended spininng scene, basically the spinning, the camera in the beginning and the sprinkler at the end, made me too dizzy. intense film.

it's damn good. seen it at least twice and i wouldn't mind seeing it again.

THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE IS FREDDY GOT FINGERED.

WATCH IT. LOVE IT.

if you don't like freddy got fingered then you have no culture.

in closing i have apparently have no culture.

http://www.amazon.com/Salo-Criterion-Collection-Paolo-Bonacelli/dp/1559408855/ref=pd_sbs_misc_1/102-0272314-1916107?ie=UTF8&qid=1173051137&sr=8-3

SALO

Has ANYONE seen this movie and if so is it really the most disgusting movie EVER made? Is it worth watching? It sure sounds intriguing...and disgusting!

i am actually watching salo for the first time as i type this, what an odd coincidence

it truly is fucked up, i am a fan of gore/exploitation/mercilessly violent what have you cinema but this is a whole different thing, its pretty nasty

not unwatchable and not the most vile thing ive ever seen but its pretty bad. i guess worth a watch though?

edit: ok i lied, this is pretty much the most sick fucked up thing ive ever seen, jesus h christ.

other note, run ronnie run is actually pretty fucking funny. i saw it before i was a fan of mr show and i still thought it was hilarious, so if i were to watch it again with a real appreciation of bob and david i think i would enjoy it even more

all the kids here need to see VIDEODROME

canadian cinemas finest fucking moment, new david cronenberg flicks (history of violence anyone?) are pretty wack but man if videodrome isnt top 5 of all time i dont know what is

jesus mary and joseph i dont know why im doing this to myself but im continuing the trend of horribly disturbing movies tonight

right now im watching men behind the sun, and it is absolutely on par with salo

about halfway in now, plague infested fleas and rats, orgies, freezing and unfreezing a womans arms and then pulling the muscle and skin off, live vivisections... this is grimetime

So Fuuma pretty much listed EVERY god movie already, but I will list a few of my absolute favorites (he's listed them ALL BTW):

Blade Runner-greatest scenery, reading Neuromancer, I could only picture Blade Runner, NOT The Matrix

Ces't arrive pres de chez vous (Man Bites Dog)- greatest dark comedy ever. AND my favorite movie of all time.

A Bout de souffle (Breathless)

And one of the most underrated BAD movies ever: Baseketball

Xala (Ousmane Sembene)

IMPOTENCE

Keita! (Dani Kouyate)

TRADITION VS. MODERNITY

Hyenas (Djibril Diop Mambety)

EXPLOITATION

Flame

WAR

Do the Right Thing (Spike Lee)

TENSION

Idi Amin Dada: A Self Portrait

DELUSION

Cry Freedom (Attenborough)

APARTHEID

The God's Must Be Crazy

OFFENSIVE

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone has mentioned The Loved One(best black comedy I have ever seen) Read the book as well. It is a quick read...

The Passion of Joan of Arc, Persona, Bob the Gambler, I Vittolini(sp?), Nights of Cabiria, Singing in the Rain, The Third Man, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie...

Those are a few that come to mind...

• 2 years later...

I didn't see any thread covering all those indie/foreign films that we happen to miss/never even heard about, but are superb films. So lets share those unknown good films.

Tony Takitani: I haven't seen this film yet, but I plan on buying it very soon. Its based off one of my favorite authors Haruki Murakami. The trailer looks good and the text was superb.

UL48aOyK5cg

• 3 months later...