asians...

dumadiscount

why do asians have a predisposition towards hype beasting and lining up for clothes and sneakers.

please explain.

is it because reselling is in the blood, or perhaps because of the materialism of asians cultures?

btw im asian, am not a reseller or hypebeast and have never lined up for clothes sneakers. im just curious.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, National Geographic should do a special about Asians in SoHo on a Saturday afternoon!! I always say, it's become their natural habitat! Like wildebeast at the watering hole. I dunno what it is about asians and shopping -- how the hell did we get so materialistic??? Hmmm, I'm asian and I live in soho....what does that say about me? HA HA HA HA HA :-) (I don't shop in SoHo btw...well, maybe only Odin)

materialism of asians cultures?

I think it's tough to pinpoint it as materialism of Asian cultures because of its inherent relationship with American culture. I feel like the heavy obsession based actions are a reflection of the influence of past American iconic ideals. I mean, for example, look at Levi repros, non? Or, just popular culture in general, from old movies to McDonald's in the East.

Just random thoughts spewing.

Which asians hunt the most?

I'd have to go with the Filipinos (hope I spelled that correctly). Those guys are always first in line.

Depends on where you go. If you're talking about Supreme, we're talking og fresh off teh boat Chinese kids camping.

i think you're on to something. asians shop so much because they believe it will bring them closer to the american ideal. in esssence, we shop because we want to be white, or black!

It's also a history of America's occupancy in other countries during wartime. If you look at many of the country's America has occupied, the effect is similar with cultural ideas being traded.

filos aye..

as we call them here in sydney.. fancy abos lol

i think the asians here. hypebeast cos every other race has there own particular style..

so the asians subconsciously try to dress trendy / differently to others, the hypebeasts do it in a more western way.. rather than the fob way.. i dunno if that makes sense.. just a stupid thought

It's also a history of America's occupancy in other countries during wartime. If you look at many of the country's America has occupied, the effect is similar with cultural ideas being traded.

Nice thoughts sydney. I think I'm gonna go in line with GetSmart and start trad-beasting.

^^^ i went to harlem and the Popeyes there has bulletproof windows separating the people from the cashiers.

WHITE CASTLE TOO. It's like queueing for the fucking bank but for chicken and mini burgers instead.

An elderly black lady called me a chink but then I realized she was mentally ill and kept ranting under her breath. It was cute.

im white and i in no way think carrot top is the least bit funny.

but i agree with sidney on the notion of the asian fascination with pure americana. anyone on here know anything about motorcycles? harleys and choppers are HUGE in japan etc, sort of ties in with levis repros and all that, anything that screams US

im white and i in no way think carrot top is the least bit funny.

but i agree with sidney on the notion of the asian fascination with pure americana. anyone on here know anything about motorcycles? harleys and choppers are HUGE in japan etc, sort of ties in with levis repros and all that, anything that screams US

Look into Rastafarian culture as well. There's art books dedicated to the Japanese crossover into the Rastafarian lifestyle. The Japanese look fucking amazing in dreads--that's the part that kills me. I wish I could rock that look.

Haha, no they dont at all.

:( Maybe it's my own hatred for my straight Asian hair that has me clawing for anything but a mushroom head of black hair.

Did I ever tell you I LOVE the Japanese Rastafari? Yeah. Yeah. Ughhhhh.

:( Maybe it's my own hatred for my straight Asian hair that has me clawing for anything but a mushroom head of black hair.

Though said in jest, I think you hit the nail on the head. The asian head.

I dunno if it has anything to do with asians because I would never and have never waited online for things like sneakers playstation 3 or any of the sort not even clothes. If I want it I'll just get it but I'd never want to wait on a line just for some sneakers I mean you either get it or you don't and if I were to ever wait online to buy something it would only be because I'm want it not to resell. BTW I am asian.

If anything, queueing itself isn't exclusive to a whole denomination of people.

Look at New York City--you queue for fucking everything. People queue to buy a bagel on the street, for the subway, for another queue.

Although I will admit, the queue for Bapexclusive shit in Aoyama went like two thousand people deep. THAT'S a fucking queue. But then again, Bape is just Planet of the Apes, a 1968 American film of a French novel. So there goes another dot connected.

good for them, i feel no loss.

i can't stand asian gold digging bitches... especially those ones just came straight from the far east, worshipping name brand, comparing the wealth of their boy friend, when they dont got the latest LV they think they got it bad......for fuck sake.....can't stand them