asians...

dumadiscount

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work at urban outfitters

we close at 9

at 8 for some reason or another something just happens and we get an 'asian invasion' of sorts. They come in with there gfs or pals, almost never alone, and just walk around a bunch of times. They can amke up to about 80 percent of the store during this hour.

Hah... I love how people won't even get out of their seats for a pregnant lady. They're all thinking... "that's too fucking bad you should have gotten here first... bitch."

hahahaa...I see that look on old african american women all the time.

why do asians have a predisposition towards hype beasting and lining up for clothes and sneakers.

please explain.

is it because reselling is in the blood, or perhaps because of the materialism of asians cultures?

btw im asian, am not a reseller or hypebeast and have never lined up for clothes sneakers. im just curious.

i don't like them either. ;)

Also, why do black people love chicken?

I realize you think your being cute and you more then likely make all kinds of off

color comments when your comfortable no one is watching but this is not the place

in general this post was stupid and offensive i realize most of the asians on here are having a good time with it but its a dumb ass statement/question from jump

in general this post was stupid and offensive i realize most of the asians on here are having a good time with it but its a dumb ass statement/question from jump

Yeah. To a certain extent the self-depricating humor is acceptable--but it's not when it leads to a comfort level where it's obvious that remarks that shouldn't be made, are made.

Which asians hunt the most?

I'd have to go with the Filipinos (hope I spelled that correctly). Those guys are always first in line.

i'd say chinese nationals. i'm a singaporean, and i'm chinese. chinese nationals in my country think they're back in their country where they can do anything. they absolutely have no respect and manners. and extremely rude.

speaking of the azn head of hair, I've got a horrible case of that now. My hair has the tendancy to turn into a huge thick black ball of hair so i end up looking like a microphone. Neeeeeed a triiiiiiim.

Yeah man from past wawyts you looked like you've been chillin on that hair for a minute--but it doesn't look like a bowl cut. That's all that matters--that it looks anything but of a bowl cut :rolleyes:

I thought ktothe was black?

Thats why I posed the question 'why do black people love chicken'. I need to know because I just cant shake this love for my feathered friends. Its unexplainable. I figured Id throw all the racism into a single thread.

I'm about to write a paper about this actually.

In my opinion, it's a search for cultural identity in America.

As we here at ST, we understand that Japanese are innovators of many fashion styles and trends. However, this is not apparent to the billions of people that do not see Asians as so.

Therefore, these hypebeasts lining up at Supreme are predominantly Asian because without the shoes and hats and clothes, they would not have a unique cultural niche in society.

Let's take white people for example. Stereotypically, we think of American Eagle or Abercrombie with flip flops or Superstars.

Black people now. Stereotypically speaking: baggy jeans, tall tee and a fitted T with all white Air Force Ones or Jordans.

Asian people (IN AMERICA I must add)... hmm....

Also I think that's why Asians have adopted this "urban" style (baggy jeans, LRG, fitted hats, Jordans, SB's, etc) because even though it's sort of biting off of "black" people's style, it gives them an identity.

The same can be said about Asians who wear all Abercrombie or AE. They dress like white people and say they are "white-washed" and therefore re-emphasizing the point that this is not their cultural style.

Please note that I am Asian and do not mean to offend any races with this post. I have friends of all races and discuss this matter normally with them.

Thoughts?

Please note that I am Asian and do not mean to offend any races with this post. I have friends of all races and discuss this matter normally with them.

Thoughts?

Thank you for writing that all out. It expresses what I had wanted to convey, but in a step-by-step approach.

Not offensive, but very insightful. That definitely lays out the surface of it, althoug the historical references behind this identity issue is what seems interesting to me.

The idea of the model minority plays into this role as Asian Americans as well. The notion that Asians have been coined that phrase has put a burden on budding youth who are caught trying to find themselves. Often they relate to other cultures, such as urban youth culture, for example, because of its appeal not only to blacks but perhaps to a sweeping idea of being a minority; a shared cause if you will.

Good post fob (oh the irony.)

Thank you, sir. Nice portfolio.

I just wanted to add a last thought I forgot to mention.

It may sound shallow to base the search off cultural identity off of what people wear, but appearance is no doubt the first thing one recognizes when walking down the street.

As much as we would like to deny it, appearance allows a person to pre-judge the character of a person based on what they wear.

By dressing a certain way, an Asian person, for example, can "blend in" in American society and MAYBE be accepted as a human being who also speaks fluent English and not some stereotypical bad driving, funny accented, short kid who can figure out your Calculus homework for you.

Of course, our society has only been fully racially enriched for less than 50 years so I am not saying this is how things will be.

Once the 2nd and 3rd generation Asian-Americans flood the country, we will see which direction the Asian culture is going.

asians will take something and master it to death

look at what we're good at

competitive eating

breakdancing

djing

graffiti

pizza making

french cuisine

pastry chefs

sous chefs

reggae dancing

graphic design

golfing

double dutch

texas hold em poker

collecting sneakers

taking over poorer south east asian countries

cheerleading

real estate

Hah... I love how people won't even get out of their seats for a pregnant lady. They're all thinking... "that's too fucking bad you should have gotten here first... bitch."

I think the asian mentality is "who told you to get pregnant bitch"

Once the 2nd and 3rd generation Asian-Americans flood the country, we will see which direction the Asian culture is going.

If ever there was a question I wanted answered...

Once involved in an Asian American affiliated org. on campus, I used to mind feeling pushed to push "culture" in a very generic/traditionalist sense to others, especially since I felt a lot of resistance in doing so. I used to think that the Asian American assimilation into American culture was a positive thing, as it went hand in hand in adapting ourselves as immigrants in search for a "better" life. Now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think, is it evolution, or as Asian Americans, are we truly losing a sense of "self" ?

On the other end of the spectrum--

tom_cruise.jpg

Tom Cruise wants to know, "Am I really Japanese?"

i'd say chinese nationals. i'm a singaporean, and i'm chinese. chinese nationals in my country think they're back in their country where they can do anything. they absolutely have no respect and manners. and extremely rude.

I wouldnt say all chinese nationals, just them damn fukinese. These peeps are everywhere, I hear em yapping "sa ru neh" in tokyo lining up for ps3's and in ny,

asians will take something and master it to death

look at what we're good at

competitive eating

breakdancing

djing

graffiti

pizza making

french cuisine

pastry chefs

sous chefs

reggae dancing

graphic design

golfing

double dutch

texas hold em poker

collecting sneakers

taking over poorer south east asian countries

cheerleading

real estate

I'm not sure we're actually that good at half of these things.

Which asians hunt the most?

I'd have to go with the Filipinos (hope I spelled that correctly). Those guys are always first in line.

Filipinos aren't really asians though. j/k. heard that somewhere.