New pure blue japan 006 at BIG.

Egpt

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2223&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

i like them very much, that whole slubby denim thing from pbj hasn't convinced me yet judging from the photos i have seen, but i like these a lot

well, the 006 is not really slubby. they're designed to give you the most beautiful wear--as seen in those pics. those pics, btw, are a pair that was actually worn by someone for one year--no washing. they have that pair in the store, and they are amazing!

yeah, i tried these on at BIG and was very impressed. i ended up with sammies, but came very close to getting these also. not slubby at all. i really like the texture of the denim. they fit very similar to the xx-003s. so, they aren't as slim as the xx005's.

well, the 006 is not really slubby. they're designed to give you the most beautiful wear--as seen in those pics. those pics, btw, are a pair that was actually worn by someone for one year--no washing. they have that pair in the store, and they are amazing!

i know, i think you didn't understand clearly what i said.

since the slubby denim from PBJ never convinced me, i like these a lot cuz they are not slubby denim at all

do they taper a bit at the end or are they a straight leg?

also, how much are they supposed to shrink?

judging from the measurements, everything looks fine except the leg opening that seems to be huge. 9" is way too much, i like more around 8/8.5

do they taper a bit at the end or are they a straight leg?

also, how much are they supposed to shrink?

judging from the measurements, everything looks fine except the leg opening that seems to be huge. 9" is way too much, i like more around 8/8.5

actually, they are the same cut as the AI-001 and the XX-003, so they are a somewhat loose straight leg.

what about those $550 Oni "pre order only" jeans? I read about those $600 Kicking Mule jeans that would only be available at Odin. Are these like them? I touched them at the Odin store, very nice feel but it makes me wonder when is it overboard? I feel that the $700 price tag for the Jomons may be somewhat justified but now so many $600+ pairs claiming superior quality status.

what about those $550 Oni "pre order only" jeans? I read about those $600 Kicking Mule jeans that would only be available at Odin. Are these like them? I touched them at the Odin store, very nice feel but it makes me wonder when is it overboard? I feel that the $700 price tag for the Jomons may be somewhat justified but now so many $600+ pairs claiming superior quality status.

The 006 has one of the nicest indigo color I've ever seen. It's almost like a royal blue. Its lighter than most of the other denim out there, but thats definitely what makes it special. The fit is a bit relaxed. I threw mine in the dryer to shrink it down a bit.

I think there is a thread on those Oni's already starting on page 5:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11747&page=5

They are 19 oz. supadupa slubby denim with the streaks. Definitely a statement piece. I've tried on the Jomons before, and I have to admit, I was a bit underwhelmed. 45rpm quality is always there, but there was something lacking for a pair of $800 cotton jeans. I think the Sorahikos are just as nice if only due to the price tag. But there are so much nicer denim you can get for under 3 beans, that I find it hard to justify my hard earned paper on the Jomons.

I didn't see the Kicking Mules but the Onis looked better to me than the Jamons. Onis might be a little on the lighter side but they are beautiful. Anyone who can appreciate jeans will love them. They have the looks and the great feel on top of the amazing manufacturing process.

Coleslawyum, did you get any progress on them? I would love to see some pics of you wearing them. I still look at them in BiG and just try not to take my wallet out :)

they were dyed by hand by the same dudes.Oni's are more unique than Kicking Mule IMO and I think the quality should be the same as Jomon's. The thing about the Onis is that BIG put an order of buying the roll of denim, already dyed, etc. The pre-order is basically cut to order.

PBJs, in my experience with size 28 AIs, actually fit true to size. I'm a 28 waist, and they are pretty tight. Granted, the AIs are one wash, so they have probably shrunk more than just soaking would get you with raws to start, but if you intend to wash ever, sizing down may result in an uncomfortable amount of shrinkage.

PBJs, in my experience with size 28 AIs, actually fit true to size. I'm a 28 waist, and they are pretty tight. Granted, the AIs are one wash, so they have probably shrunk more than just soaking would get you with raws to start, but if you intend to wash ever, sizing down may result in an uncomfortable amount of shrinkage.

Just curious, but any progress on those AI?

• 3 months later...

A question regarding xx-006:

Has anyone bought them?

They look like a very good summer jeans.

The fading is really nice and the xx-003 style works for me.

Thanks,

Chipopo

i still really like the xx-005 fit. after like 4 or 5 washes, it really becomes a nice fitting jean. it takes a few washes for the leg opening to shrink.

my xx-005s are coming along pretty well, but would like something built for fading like the xx-006. it's got a beautiful color.