SDA 103's WTF on the size? I'm dyin' here!

mikesduc

So i got these in the mail today from BIG in a 32. I have the 1002's in 33 and they have an inch to give easily hence the 32's in the 103's. But the 103's are so tight I tthink I might injure myself if I keep wearing them.

I read Mike Lowery's thread on them and he said that initially he could only get the first two buttons done but then they loosened after a soak and some wear. These things haven't stretched a bit in 4 hours though.

So my question is this, do I keep working on them or get rid of them? I just can't see them stretcing enough but you guys with more experience might think otherwise.

Thanks in advance for the help. Mike

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha man thats a tough one... ive never had a sda103 so i cant speak for those but i remember when i got my apc's i thought i was gonna die...i couldnt sit cuz it was so tight on the waist...it would shove up my stomach, but after a good full days of wear...its loosened up alot. btu then again...i guess apc's are notorious for its stretch so it may not apply with sda103s but either way, keep them! ive seen pictures and generally sda103's look amazing.

Why don't you just exchange them at BIG?

BTW, i have a pair of 103s that i got from BIG. I had initially purchased the 1002 in size 30 and they fit perfectly, but i decided to exchange them for the 103, and ordered the same size. WAY too small. I exchanged those for a size 31 and they're perfect.

Also, the waist hasn't really stretched that much. Sorry I don't have exact measurements.

what do those 103s measure? Are you normally a 32 or 33. Seems weird you'd have to size up from your normal size, unless you were trying to size down. I have heard they were a tricky mistress with waist sizing though.

Both the 1002's and 103's were unwashed. I sized down on the 103's because the 1002's are just a little loose. They are still a nice slim pair of jeans but I wanted the 103's to be on the tight side.

The 103 denim feels much more substantial and I can't imagine they will stretch enough.. I was afraid the top button might tear through the button hole if I kept wearing them.

I don't think I can exchange them at BIG because they have been soaked. Sooo... anybody want a pair of brand new 103's? Mike

Why don't you just exchange them at BIG?

BTW, i have a pair of 103s that i got from BIG. I had initially purchased the 1002 in size 30 and they fit perfectly, but i decided to exchange them for the 103, and ordered the same size. WAY too small. I exchanged those for a size 31 and they're perfect.

Also, the waist hasn't really stretched that much. Sorry I don't have exact measurements.

chpong -- for reference on the size 31: how tall are you? how much do you weigh?

i tried the raw sd103's in a size 30 at BIG today, and could barely close the top button. was too worried about the post-soak shrinking to pull the trigger on them, but will going back for a 31 when BIG gets their next shipment in.

yeah, i tried on the 1002s at BIG and they are definitely much larger in the waist than my 103s. i would caution against sizing down much with these. my RRDS are a 31 and they are rather loose in the waist, but my 32 103s are very tight. i wear a 29 in apc too for what it's worth.

^ man, so the difference between 1002s and 103s are that big. i've noticed my 003s have stretched out at least one whole size since i started wearing them. i could have easily sized down one in hind sight, but i got the actual size because that's what the guy at the store in japan recommended me. i wonder if it's the lefty-twill vs righty-twill thing.

That's what I'm doing because I do want them to be relatively tight. On the other hand I got the PBJ-005's in a 34 and they're in between slim and regular so from what the 32's in 103's felt like you could even size up one and be OK. I sized up on the PBJ's because everybody was saying how tight they were and I wanted them to have a little more room for MC riding and working on the bike.

So if i normally wear a size 28 should i get the 28's ? Also I have never ordered anything from BiG before do they allow returns as long as they haven't been soaked and they also have free chain stiching right?

they wont return them if chainstitched...

taken from BiG webstore:

"You can return new, undamaged, unaltered and unworn items from an order within 7 days after they have been delivered to you. Returned items can be exchanged for the same product or for store credit. Items should be returned in their original packaging with original tags."

• 3 weeks later...
they wont return them if chainstitched...

taken from BiG webstore:

"You can return new, undamaged, unaltered and unworn items from an order within 7 days after they have been delivered to you. Returned items can be exchanged for the same product or for store credit. Items should be returned in their original packaging with original tags."

He was asking if BiG did chainstitching, not if he could return them after getting them stitched :confused:

And the answer is yes, they do: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6&Itemid=43

^ yeah, but said it in context with the sentence: "do they allow returns as long as they haven't been soaked...", and then he asked about the chainstitching..

just wanted to clarify for him....

• 3 weeks later...