Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

I used to be REALLY good with names, now i am shit.

Ever since i got to college, i forget peoples names on the spot. Its like my brain can't hold anymore names. Unless im genuinely interested in the person or hear their name said i would not remember it.

Am i the only one with this DISEASE?

I remember sidney telling me he was really bad with people's names. so we were in the elevator and his new neighbor introduced himself and we talked for a minute. When he left sid said "dude, what was his name?"

we couldn't remember.

I'm usually pretty good with names though.

Paean, when I worked at the go-kart place earlier this year I would occasionally be watching the track and I would see a random point on the floor spike up. it would reach like maybe halfway up the ceiling, not really triangular like a spike. I couldn't describe the shape but it happened to me atleast once a week. maybe something to do with the fumes in the building.

I'm terrible with names too, I think my mind just zones out and decides that it's not important to remember it. I tend to just call everyone "man" in order to make up for it, it does make me sound like I'm from the 80's though.

i'm usually good with names but very bad during parties. sometimes i hang out with girls from my uni and they have loads of south american friends whose name are felipe, rodrigo, ivan... hum well that's all i remember. and you have to remember all those names you are not used to hear, just impossible.

usually when i have the person as a friend on facebook i always remember his name afterwards.

this is my last summer before college and i don't do anything except surf the internet and watch tv. i have no money, my parents have no money, and all of my friends are taking trips to europe, spain, beaches, etc. i am depressed

the battery life of my MBP is now down to about 15-20 minutes unplugged. I have reason to believe that the battery needs replacing, but the connection to the logic board is overheating, so somewhere along that route something needs to be replaced as well. there goes $200 to get all this shit fixed.... and my MBP is just over a year old. what the fuck apple.

worked fine until I got home from school. Then the battery life just started getting shorter and shorter and shorter. At first I thought the battery was just shot, but when the same thing started happening to my brother's 4 year old Macbook and he replaced the battery and the problem persisted, I knew it was more. He brought it back after having the battery done and found out a connection to the logic board can become fucked up and lead to the computer overheating extremely frequently when unplugged.

nonetheless, fucking annoying.

yeah, that drains it in like, less than 10. I'm talking globally with my MBP. right now it's on a glass table and if I unplugged it, I'm sure it would be down to 50% in about 15 minutes and all I'm doing is browsing safari. half-dimmed no less

worked fine until I got home from school. Then the battery life just started getting shorter and shorter and shorter. At first I thought the battery was just shot, but when the same thing started happening to my brother's 4 year old Macbook and he replaced the battery and the problem persisted, I knew it was more. He brought it back after having the battery done and found out a connection to the logic board can become fucked up and lead to the computer overheating extremely frequently when unplugged.

nonetheless, fucking annoying.

Replacing the battery is worth a try. Buy a new one. Clean the old one and put it in the new one's box, and return it within 14 days of the purchase of the new one. They're not serialized, so as long as it doesn't look incredibly dirty they won't think twice about returning it. And don't go to the same store you bought the new one at to swing the return, obviously.

or you can use a flat screwdiver and open it a little bit. they'll think it's one of the batteries that has this defect. mine actually had it and it got replaced (even if it was more than 2 years old and not covered by apple care), but i could have done it myself.

^softy

I am the master of my yard. Will post pics of my majestic domain.

here's a pic from this past fall, though I'm shooting from the other side of the stream, so you're not seeing the other 1.5 acres.

3328452771_60d0f75890.jpg

here's from the house side, but it's a misty/foggy day, so hard to see anything. at least it's green.

3612731000_47b9728f7d.jpg

will get some proper sunny day summer pics soon enough

yeah, for about 99% of the summer, at the beginning we have a guy come who helped my dad build the addition on the house, and he's sorta our all-around guy. does the whole thing, seeds, replants, redigs, etc. etc., then he comes again towards the end, usually in late september/early october, when things start to cool down. the rest of the time it's either me or my dad. I relish the work, actually.

no, it's actually not a very big house. It's a converted barn that comfortably fits a family of 5 individuals all close to or above 6', in suburban Connecticut, so we do fine, but it's not big at all.

In the area I live in, my yard happens to be quite small, especially considering I grew up with about 20 sq ft of yard back in New Haven. Some people around here have yards they call medium sized which are like 60-80 acres, and some people own like upwards of 100 acres. My yard is just short of 3 acres, which is measly compared. A lot easier to tend too though...