Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

so has anyone waited tables before? i'm seriously considering it to rake in some extra dough... but is it worth it? i mean, i think i'm attractive enough to earn okay tips-but i'm really scared/worried about having chauvinistic men grabbing my ass all afternoon... it's not really what i want in a job. and i DON'T want a desk job... ever.

Guest youkinorn
so has anyone waited tables before? i'm seriously considering it to rake in some extra dough... but is it worth it? i mean, i think i'm attractive enough to earn okay tips-but i'm really scared/worried about having chauvinistic men grabbing my ass all afternoon... it's not really what i want in a job. and i DON'T want a desk job... ever.

you planning to work at hooters or something?

i'm feelin' stressed ya'll. how does one cram a 7 minute speech into their head (no palm cards)?

i'd use keywords, like a dozen, and know the more i could about the subject... or use some roundabout !

you planning to work at hooters or something?

no, but i do want to work at a restaurant that pulls a lot of business. around here that includes sports pubs and breakfast joints. i worry because i've worked as a hostess at a couple of restaurants and have seen it at every single one of them.

money is good. be a bartender if you can , the horniness will mean more tips, but also you have a long piece of wood (no pun intended) between you and the grabassers.

waiting tables sucks but if you're somewhere good you can make 150 bucks in 5 hours...you can also make 20 bucks in 8 hours.

best scenario is an actual "club" like bar, where you don't have to deal with food, and where people are lining up to tip you a buck a drink

i would totally try the bar thing if i weren't 19 in the US, and if i were a night person-but staying up past 11 is difficult enough.

i would totally try the bar thing if i weren't 19 in the US, and if i were a night person-but staying up past 11 is difficult enough.

damn 19 and u can't stay up past 11...sad....

but clopek hit the nail on the head....I waited tables in college and the people with seniority get the good shifts which means u will be working tuesday afternoons and walking home with $20 after tipping out....but no one parties like food service people!!!

if you can, get a wait job at a steak house, my friends made a killing working in them....the bigger the bill...the bigger the tip.....

damn 19 and u can't stay up past 11...sad....

but clopek hit the nail on the head....I waited tables in college and the people with seniority get the good shifts which means u will be working tuesday afternoons and walking home with $20 after tipping out....but no one parties like food service people!!!

if you can, get a wait job at a steak house, my friends made a killing working in them....the bigger the bill...the bigger the tip.....

well, we have a couple of those kind of restaurants around us-but i doubt they're hiring. i'd really prefer to work at a breakfast place, but i don't want to work at a bob evans or some shit like that. i think the hardest decision is going to be finding a restaurant that doesn't COMPLETELY stress me out. but thanks for the advice you guys...

+2 on Clopek's advice. I was under the impression you only had to be 18 to serve drinks, bar or tableside? I swear I've had friends bartend under 21.

Being a waiter is relatively easy cash if you can avoid getting stressed out. I'm the beautiful, chocolatey zen center of the universe, so no problems (especially since I stopped serving). Remember to take nothing serious or personal unless someone touches you. Then stab them in the head with a fork.

Pandemonium: memorization excercises I suppose. This isn't going to be revolutionary, but make a detailed outline and recite the speech with it. Slowly remove information and look less at the outline until you're relatively confident. Memorize a bare bones outline - something like the topic for each section and then a key word or two. The real key is just reciting/practicing it ad nauseum.

i dont frequent strip clubs, but i went to one last nite, & i stay falling in love with strippers & bartenders. i invited her to my studio but she didnt really seem interested...some of her work mates r gonna come by & chill, but i really wanted her to come thru. is there a rite way to approach that? i wouldnt go bak to the club to see her again, (cuz i have too much pride) but i think i'll ask the girls about her.

she was bad.

my actual advice would be to not get a job in food services. I became a fucking hardcore alcoholic/drug addict for like 2 years because of that shit, because you always have cash and someone always wants to party.

bah....p-pooper

dani, you're omly 19, go get a job at the local grease pit and before you know it, you'll be doing bumps off the cook's schlong.......

bah....p-pooper

dani, you're omly 19, go get a job at the local grease pit and before you know it, you'll be doing bumps off the cook's schlong.......

that's gross

my actual advice would be to not get a job in food services. I became a fucking hardcore alcoholic/drug addict for like 2 years because of that shit, because you always have cash and someone always wants to party.

get a real job , even one that pays shit like mine offers more stability (and shit like benefits and vacation) than being a waiter, which offers instant gratification but nothing long term.

(you will have to look harder for one of these, use every contact and resource at your disposal, polish your resume, get a professional outfit, pound pavement...do anything you can for a job that pays more than minium and offers you a guarantee of about 35 hrs/wk)

also good to know, from working in the mortgage industry - even if you make $200 a day in tips, unless you CLAIM them, they are not considered income by banks. you gotta prove that shit. this counts towards credit of any time, loans, lines of credit, cards, or mortgages.

well, i've got my weed and that's all i need-i've never even snorted anything so i don't think the cash will be the issue. although, i appreciate your honesty and concern.

i've had a couple of office jobs (at car dealerships), and i don't know if my office attire is entirely too revealing/provocative, but i always get hit on by my boss. not-to-mention i need to have something to do at all times. working inside an office at my age (and without a college degree) only offers a receptionist job, and i hate that shit.

i work at a gardening center right now and i love it. everyone i work with smokes pot, most of the customers are ridiculously nice (all of them are interesting), and i get to be in the sun all day and wear whatever i want. but i haven't been getting great hours and i need something to hold things over for a bit.

dunkin: everyday-including right now...

and good observation clopek. i'm a regular poster in the marijuana thread.

Doesn't this look a little like thedaniway?

http://www.viceland.com/int/dd.php?id=1158

hm, yea if i had pasty skin, shorter bangs, longer hair,thin lips, straight teeth, and normal-sized legs.

edit: but the description underneath? dead on. (10?)