Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

So Australia is finally catching on to the varsity jacket trend (kinda) and now about 150+ engineering students at my uni have shown interest in bulk ordering Stewart & Strauss varsities ($170-240, depending on order size). I'm not sure if many people are buying with jock/engineering elitism in mind.

My ones aren't gonna be that steezy anymore (at least in their eyes). :o

So Australia is finally catching on to the varsity jacket trend (kinda) and now about 150+ engineering students at my uni have shown interest in bulk ordering Stewart & Strauss varsities ($170-240, depending on order size). I'm not sure if many people are buying with jock/engineering elitism in mind.

My ones aren't gonna be that steezy anymore (at least in their eyes). :o

You have nothing to worry about. School varsities does not equal 'varsity jacket trend'. Especially since they're engineering students...

But they will look at me ever so scornfully when they see that mine doesn't have 'ENGINEERING' embroidered somewhere in huge letters. I can't get homework/assignment help if I'm not in winter uniform. :(

It's being sorted out by some random dude btw (no uni faculty involvement), and it's probably their only varsity jacket hook-up ever, so pride and elitism is threefold.

PAGING ALL SMART PEOPLE

I've been noticing this from time to time for quite some time already and it always bothered me and I figured maybe somebody here could explain. Sometimes I see, and mostly in formal writing etc., people using "he", when I would without hesitation use "him". Now, English is not my first language, so could somebody explain if writing "him and Harrison" instead of "he and Harrison" in the following example would be an error and if so, why? I'm confused.

While being interviewed circa 1988, Harrison said McCartney had recently mentioned the possibility of he and Harrison writing together, to which Harrison laughed, "I've only been there about 30 years in Paul's life and it's like now he wants to write with me."

explain if writing "him and Harrison" instead of "he and Harrison" in the following example would be an error and if so, why?
"he and Harrison fucked yo bitch" ---> "he fucked yo bitch"

"him and Harrison fucked yo bitch" ---> "him fucked yo bitch"

????

Not SMRT enough to explain it like a linguist

edit: I just read that wiki paragraph, and now I'm confused...

Harrison fucked your bitch with him. How about that? Should it also say "with he", or what?

edit:

Just remembered another example. At first i thought it was some pseudo-shakesperean shit played for laughs, but who the fuck am I to know. Around the half-minute mark:

-You must be the Count.

-I am he.

qX1SSiFWF-s&feature=related