Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

yo aaron I aint respond because people complaining about cluttering the random thoughts thread with school related shiz :(

but yeah its a business masters....well, international business/worldtrade/economics

oops :confused: i guess i missed that argument. no more school talk.

Hi, I am conducting a survey for my anthropology class about pizza! It should only take about a couple of minutes to complete. I would appreciate it if you could help me out! Thanks!

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/426256/3428e424f1ae

for the accounting folk on here:

if a company has both increasingly negative investing and financing cash flows but an increasingly positive operating cash flows, what does this mean?

i'm assuming that positive operating cash flows = the actual cash the company makes / it determines if the company can pay bills

and negative inv/fin cash flows are understandable because the company pays off debts, buys shit, and whatnot (thus, less cash)

thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_cash_flow

after my 100th time watching the video i posted, i just realized that the guy pecking the umbrella isnt the same one who poured the extra ramen

that was somebody else

i dont know if it makes the video even more amazing by having 2 people in on it or if it takes away from how insane i thought the guy was for laughing

since we're talking homework:

i have a western civilization final this friday, i have not studied at all. i've been up all night, and have only done a minor portion of this study guide.

if that's not a procrastinator concept, i don't know what is.

i have a western civilization final this friday, i have not studied at all. i've been up all night, and have only done a minor portion of this study guide.

I do that all the time too, except i like to think along the lines of Kobe concept or Clutching

You have until Friday? That's plenty of time..

I have finals tomorrow and Wednesday and haven't studied... and I'll get and A or B on both.

THATS a procrastinator concept

Is Monocle worth reading? I have always been curious as to whether or not it's actually a good publication. I was thinking about getting a subscription but for $120 I am a little skeptical about if the price is worth quality of the print.

Any other good magazine I should check out?

The only ones I occasionally read anymore are V-man and Wax Poetics..

Monocle subscription is more expensive than buying the issues individually (at least in the UK). But then again I don't get the free tote bag and online access to all the archives and what not.

Overall, heck yes, I am happy paying £5 per issue (10 a year). It has a good blend of everything from business to style. I love the global affairs section, the articles are well written and researched. More in depth than a newspaper, more focused than a newspaper, not as argumentative as a magazine. It is very localized, by which I mean they jump from city to city all over the world in the articles, and I love that. They truly are a global magazine. Plus the artwork and layout are always nice, which I do appreciate - in fact the artwork is available to buy in poster form from their stores, just to give you an idea of how good it usually is.

Oh and the manga series they have running at the moment is pretty good, albeit a little cheesy, but it is a refreshing insert (I think I liked the last manga series they ran better, but this one is only on issue two so far). But bonus points for having booklets and actual inserts, not just ads printed into a book.