Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

just saw the most hood thang ever:

some girl has a camera phone pic of her man on facebook, taken from behind the visitation booth plexiglass. caption reads 'love is loalty' and the guy is wearing prison greys with on arm turned up. Picture is tagged with like 30 names and it has a 30 comment thread that includes with the girl saying 'yeah he handsome I got 3 little ones like that' and ends with 'FREE (guys name I can't remember)'

this coincides with me seeing the Social Network tonight since it just came out over here, and me wondering if Mark Zuckerberg thought of a possibility like this. I wonder if Mark Zuckerberg has ever been to the hood.

watching 'pizza wars: new york v. chicago' on travel channel right now. is there really a debate? chicago pizza is so much better than that new york trash. people outside of chicago believe all we eat is deep dish/stuffed pizza, which isn't true. as a point of fact, most folks here prefer thin crust. there are some good joints in ny, definitely, but they are few in number. 99.9% of the pizza you'll find in ny is of the same quality as little caesers or the shit we here in chicago have to turn to at 4am when nothing else is open. plus, we have chicago style italian beef sandwiches and hot dogs. shit's fuckin great.

maybe the reason there's a debate is that people in NYC feel the exact same way about everything in new york as you do about chicago. I don't know, just tossing out ideas like a crazy man at an idea firesale.

Oxy: the fact that you are 18, coming from 4chan, and you say things like "'mirin'" outside of the context of making ramen, means I wouldn't want to invite you out to anything either.

maybe the reason there's a debate is that people in NYC feel the exact same way about everything in new york as you do about chicago. I don't know, just tossing out ideas like a crazy man at an idea firesale.

right, i was just being disputatious for the sake of generating some conversation. i'm sure new yorkers believe that the pizza they eat is actually good, in the same way a troglodyte who has never had the good fortune of enjoying some serious coffee might be inclined to believe that the half-assed instant shit he or she was just given represents the absolute pinnacle of the coffee world.

all jokes aside, food is one of the best bits of traveling. roasted pork sandwiches in philly, deep-fried cheese curds in northern wisconsin, bbq in the carolinas, lobster rolls in boston.

ha. i'd fucking love to get involved with some bbq in east arkansas. i've haven't been to memphis, but i need to make a trip down for some bbq. i really enjoyed bbq in the carolinas because i prefer the mustard-based, vinegar-heavy stuff that dominates the scene in that region. you from memphis?

we have a few good places here in chicago -- honky tonk, moonshine, smoque -- but they're a little pricey for what they are. for $25 bucks i expect a fucking feast and usually leave a little disappointed with the serving size. the quality is really good, but i need that shit served on butchers paper.

i was hooking up with this chick last night, then she pulls this one out: "Whats my last name?" geeeze shit i'll bounce you dont have to tell me twice. peace bitch

ha. i'd fucking love to get involved with some bbq in east arkansas. i've haven't been to memphis, but i need to make a trip down for some bbq. i really enjoyed bbq in the carolinas because i prefer the mustard-based, vinegar-heavy stuff that dominates the scene in that region. you from memphis?

we have a few good places here in chicago -- honky tonk, moonshine, smoque -- but they're a little pricey for what they are. for $25 bucks i expect a fucking feast and usually leave a little disappointed with the serving size. the quality is really good, but i need that shit served on butchers paper.

Yeah I grew up near Memphis. Most people who visit Memphis just go to the Rendezvous for dry rub, but pulled pork is where it's at. If you're ever down there, go across the river into West Memphis, AR and hit up some hole in the wall local joint for the best stuff