Sign in to follow this  
fade to black2

Random Thoughts...

The secret for perfect pb&j is to put peanut butter on both slices of bread, and jelly on top of the peanut butter on one slice

Only works with creamy peanut butter though. Overwhelming taste otherwise

Also, any smooth jazz recommendations? Have always enjoyed, but don't know where to start.

The secret for perfect pb&j is to put peanut butter on both slices of bread, and jelly on top of the peanut butter on one slice

Only works with creamy peanut butter though. Overwhelming taste otherwise

Also, any smooth jazz recommendations? Have always enjoyed, but don't know where to start.

stan getz/joao gilberto/astrud gilberto live at carnegie hall.

if by smooth jazz you mean west coast style(east coast is bebop generally), then anything with stan getz is good. His two tracks "desafinado" and "favela" are famous as anthems for bossa nova.

He was also my inspiration to play for so many years, but that's a different story.

you dunk your sandwich in milk? doesn't it get all soggy and mushy?
I only leave it in there for maybe a second or two, so it doesn't get too soggy.

Vanilla, that's the way to go too. I stock both creamy and crunchy just in case i'm in the mood for one over the other.

The second secret is to refrain from spreading the jelly everywhere but rather, leave the edges of the (white) bread untouched, so that when you gently kiss the two loaves together, gravity does its job and spread the jelly evenly.

Pretty sure this isn't the "smooth" you're looking for, but it's worth a listen.

W232OsTAMo8

I just dip my bread directly into the milkshake, roll it in crunchy peanut butter, and then cover my chest with the handmade blackberry jam while singing a song about milton bradley - the guy, not the board games.

that's just me though, some of your ideas sound pretty good.

definitely chocolate milkshakes, all the way.

True of anything with less viscosity and more absorbency than peanut butter. Peanut butter keeps the other stuff from soaking into the bread. You royally fuck up a peanut butter and honey sammich if you don't. The principle is the same for all condiments. That's why I usually dip my hamburger into ketchup if possible.*

*Please note, not necessary for fast food buns as they do not absorb condiments.

Has anyone tried fried pbj yet??? Sounds promising.

top10strangestamericanfoods1.jpg

Pretty sure this isn't the "smooth" you're looking for, but it's worth a listen.

Not really, that is pretty good though- I am actually looking for something more lounge-y, just smooth and relaxing! Should have specified

edit: that looks surprisingly unappealing ^

this conversation is...nuts.

must...spread rep.

...and so forth.

also I am now craving some pb crisps, and they were discontinued years ago. what bullshit.

serious smooth jazz bothers me, or the shit they play on the local smooth jazz station, KKSF. but anyways, definitely check out Koop, Esperanza Spalding, and for sure look up some bossanova stuff. they're all pretty much classics sang by different people. Lisa Ono is dope, of course Stan Getz as RandR mentioned. if you end up liking bossa nova check out Kahimi Karie.. it's running off on a tangent but she's really cutesie. although i can only listen to her for so long cause her voice is like a whisper.

Looks like pb&j donkatsu...

To be honest, I no longer have urges to devour pb&j sandwiches anymore. I blame it on the fact that I've eaten more of them at the age of 20, than a 50 year old diabetic has.... and those goddamn pb&j uncrustables they fed us in middle school... the fuck was that stuff?

Has anyone tried fried pbj yet??? Sounds promising.

top10strangestamericanfoods1.jpg

damn this looks like smuckers uncrustables katsu'ed out. sounds amazing! someone try it and report back.

edit: that looks surprisingly unappealing ^

p1010714.jpg

WHAT ABOUT NOW!?!?!? jk all fried foods look real nasty, but nasty in the greatest way possible.

and maybe this will work for you on jazz:

"Impossible Beauty" by Nathan Haines

I had a fried pb&j like 5 or 6 years back. Remember being disappointed but I think it was due to expectations being too high.

And if you already do not know (though you should!), Miles Davis's Kind of Blue album is the shit.

PoPL7BExSQU

Ah I'm getting so overwhelmed with all of these excellent recommendations- thank you thank you!

edit: this is perfection, tarotron

0Q7J4PgrRsY

Thelonius is always good too.. his album with Coltrane @ Carnegie Hall is awesome. Opening song from it:

t-_45lXgHZw

all time classic is still:

Miles Davis and Cannonball Adderley - Autumn Leaves

PPHtQn1t1n4

Choo choooOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOoOOOOOO

-XQybKMXL-k

Quarter to 4am and I swear that Windows is fucking evil.

fuck i'm falling for my ta, this never works out.

shufon teach me how2playthis

2.jpg

can't remember the last time i had pb and j but its gotta be on white bread if its gonna happen

Both.

Take your books outside, throw them away, then read about the sun.

derrida/deconstruction greatest fraud in 20th century philosophy.

also wondering whether i should learn german or french. i know i will never get the french R right.

cranking Yuzo and daydreaming about tearing up the Wangan is a good way to spend time at work