Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

*Comments on a facebook photo, with some skinny Indian dude 'flexing' his forearm*

Girl pre-med student: WOW LUK AT HIS BICEPS

Boy pre-med student: That's called a forearm...

Girl pre-med student: o yer wateva lol

HUUUUUUHHHHH

I get the bolded, I understood that from the start. Desire is probably driving the meetings -- you're probably driving him more crazy than he does you.

Like we got Zubin who in your position is like fuck that you got someone already,

but since you like him i bet you this dude is like should I, should I not -- fuck fuck fuck and you drive him crazy.

And I get you on the second paragraph.

Yeah, well I know, it's working him a LOT. he's a good man, I know he doesn't wanna do something bad, well too bad. A friend of ours told me just what you said, that it's driving him crazy, still he comes here. Tells me, damn you, Maude!! I'm not gonna make the first move. if it has to come, it's gonna be from him.

where i started was hypothetically you get what you want

and then what

pain is often part of the game is good response in a lot of ways.

its the only thing for which we never get too old to be stupid

NO PAIN NO GAIN.

but serious. if you never try...

could we just end up like Pam and Jim?

No, I suppose you're right. I can usually lose weight easily, provided I commit to eating properly.

Don't ever patronize Papa John's. Why? Here:

Because most legit places in Chicago were swamped yesterday as a result of the SuperBowl, two friends and I decided to order our game food from a Papa John's that opened near by a few weeks ago. We placed the order -- 3 large pizzas -- at 4:50 and were told that everything would be ready for pick up in 40 minutes. We waited, then went to grab the food at 6:00. When we walked in the place was fucking rammed with angry, openly hostile folks waiting to pick up their orders. After standing in line for 30 minutes (the jagoffs didn't have separate lines for ordering and pick up) we were told that our pizzas wouldn't be ready for another 30 minutes, but that they were about to be put in the oven. My friends and I decided to have the shit delivered rather than wait around. We would have cancelled, but there weren't any open joints close and we wanted to get back to the game. The girl with whom we spoke told us that it would take no longer than 60 minutes for our pizzas to be delivered, and that the delivery fee would be waived. Okay. So we go back, watch the game, drink a beer, and realize after a while that it's been 1:25 since we'd returned. All three of us call the Papa Johns number and finally I get through. The girl tells me that our food is in the oven still. At the same time, my buddy gets a hold of someone as well and is patched over to the driver. Dude tells my friend that he is on his way with our shit. I hear this and ask the girl -- who is still on the line with me -- how our pizzas in the oven are also out for delivery in some guy called Miguel's car. She replied, "I don't know." We laughed. Finally, about 25 minutes later, Miguel arrives. We met him out in hall by the elevators to inspect our order, and surprise, they fucked it up. On top of that, they were also charging us for the delivery fee. We refused to pay the fee, gave him money enough for our order, and explained that the fact that he wasn't receiving a tip was not because he had fucked up. He understood. I felt bad for the guy though. We usually tip well -- normally he'd have gotten a 6-7$ tip from us, but we wanted him to go back and let those morons know that people were pissed.

They weren't ready for the big leagues, but greedily opened to capitalize on the SuperBowl rush. Stupid shits lost a lot of business yesterday.

Green Bay's win makes up for hearing that shitty "Here We Go" Steelers' song on the radio the past month. Unfortunately, the loss will only shut Squeelers fans' mouths for a short amount of time.

hopefully the radio will stop playing "black and yellow"

Damn well at least I know not to try it out.. trying to cop a job at Yogen Fruz next door though...

Do you go to UIC or just live in the area?

No, I suppose you're right. I can usually lose weight easily, provided I commit to eating properly.

Don't ever patronize Papa John's. Why? Here:

Because most legit places in Chicago were swamped yesterday as a result of the SuperBowl, two friends and I decided to order our game food from a Papa John's that opened near by a few weeks ago. We placed the order -- 3 large pizzas -- at 4:50 and were told that everything would be ready for pick up in 40 minutes. We waited, then went to grab the food at 6:00. When we walked in the place was fucking rammed with angry, openly hostile folks waiting to pick up their orders. After standing in line for 30 minutes (the jagoffs didn't have separate lines for ordering and pick up) we were told that our pizzas wouldn't be ready for another 30 minutes, but that they were about to be put in the oven. My friends and I decided to have the shit delivered rather than wait around. We would have cancelled, but there weren't any open joints close and we wanted to get back to the game. The girl with whom we spoke told us that it would take no longer than 60 minutes for our pizzas to be delivered, and that the delivery fee would be waived. Okay. So we go back, watch the game, drink a beer, and realize after a while that it's been 1:25 since we'd returned. All three of us call the Papa Johns number and finally I get through. The girl tells me that our food is in the oven still. At the same time, my buddy gets a hold of someone as well and is patched over to the driver. Dude tells my friend that he is on his way with our shit. I hear this and ask the girl -- who is still on the line with me -- how our pizzas in the oven are also out for delivery in some guy called Miguel's car. She replied, "I don't know." We laughed. Finally, about 25 minutes later, Miguel arrives. We met him out in hall by the elevators to inspect our order, and surprise, they fucked it up. On top of that, they were also charging us for the delivery fee. We refused to pay the fee, gave him money enough for our order, and explained that the fact that he wasn't receiving a tip was not because he had fucked up. He understood. I felt bad for the guy though. We usually tip well -- normally he'd have gotten a 6-7$ tip from us, but we wanted him to go back and let those morons know that people were pissed.

They weren't ready for the big leagues, but greedily opened to capitalize on the SuperBowl rush. Stupid shits lost a lot of business yesterday.

essentially, you are surprised that you were told two different things and your order was messed up when you ordered a pizza 40 minutes before the superbowl started? i'd be happy to get any damn pizza at all and probably wouldn't have stiffed the driver

If they couldn't handle that volume of orders they should have ceased taking them. Period. We called there when they opened and were told that it would be an hour wait if we held out until the game. So again, fuck them. Had they simply told us, "yeah, you may have to wait 3 hours" we wouldn't have been as annoyed. And believe me, we were comparatively calm. There were people in the store -- men and women, young and older -- shouting things like 'give me my fucking money back!' and 'you want my order number? I ordered 1 pizza two fucking hours ago!' There were a few moments when I felt a brawl was imminent. A little redhead guy was tearing the manager a new asshole while reaching over the little plastic divider, pointing his finger in dude's face. It was hilarious.

Papa John's is a nationwide franchise, with locations in urban areas. They've served pizza on many SuperBowl Sundays and should have had a better plan in place. At the very least they should have anticipated the sort of rush they were inevitably going to experience and been better prepared to handle it. Maybe they should have trained the staff better knowing that they were being thrown directly into the fire. Seriously, the teen girls behind the counter looked like they were about to cry.

kvc -- i did my undergrad at UIC, yes.

Guy that shouted that had given his name and phone number 3-4 times before being asked for the order number. He asked to see the manager, and when dude walked up angry guy shouted, "you the fucking manager?!' People were cracking the fuck up, but I think everyone understood his rage. A homeless-looking guy in tattered cords and a military jacket started shouting when he was told his order was going to take another 1 hour.

Jules Gabriel Verne (French pronunciation: [ʒyl vɛʁn]; February 8, 1828 – March 24, 1905) was a French author from Brittany who pioneered the science-fiction genre. He is best known for novels such as Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (1870), A Journey to the Center of the Earth (1864), and Around the World in Eighty Days (1873). Verne wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before air travel and practical submarines were invented, and before practical means of space travel had been devised.