Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

lil b is garbage. ofgwkta are talented enough that it's an interesting listen (and the albums are free on that legit download tip).

edit: this is some crazy shit about lil b.

He has recorded over 1500 tracks as of July, 2010.

Clearly, prolific =/= good in every case.

I actually have a lot of respect for B for his insane marketing tactics alone and the fact that they worked. He used shock and awe tactics and viral marketing to get everybody's attention, and now that's fairly famous, he's moving towards releasing legitimate music instead of the nonsense based freestyles that got him famous (based on his first non-free album Angel's Exodus at least)

Also how can you hate anybody who calls himself the Anti-Drake and does things like this:

screenshot20110127at435.png

#lmao

don't pay enough attention to the rap game so I feel obligated to ask cause there's like a million lil b / ofgwkta posts popping up all over this bitch.

objective talent or just edgy/weird internet cult fanboyism?

b has his moments where he really does make good records, but most of his music is that ridiculous #based stuff (which is good when you want to goof off). as for his huge fanbase, it's a combination of people actually appreciating his talent and just a bunch of people pretending to be fans for the lulz.

ofwgkta is straight. tyler has his hits off of bastard (french, vcr/blow, inglorious), but his other stuff is shock value similar to the tactic b uses. actually, damn near all of ofwgkta is shock value horrorcore. earl sweartshirt is, w/o a doubt, the illest from the group. the rest of the guys are damn near mediocre to me and not really noteworthy (mellowhype fans gonna hate).

^Yeah I'm with Oxy on a lot of OF members not being that great.. Earl and Tyler are by far the standouts.. Domo is probably the third best in my opinion.

I'm really digging the non hiphop stuff that Tyler is doing with The Jet Age of Tomorrow.. I think his ability to branch away from the OF horror core stuff shows that he could actually be a viable producer in the long run.

from a production basis alone, OFWGKTA is doing some different shit that's refreshing for me to hear. Lil B also sometimes does this, but much more rarely.

tyler is definitely cool but I can't fuck with his ICP shit. still a good producer tho. mellowhype is definitely the best contribution the gang has contributed to music so far imo -- hodgy beats has a great voice and flow, and left brain GOES IN w/ the beats.

^Sometimes I hear Hodgy and he reminds me of Drake. When I started making that connection I started listening to him less and less.

As far as Lil B's production, his sickest beats are the ones coming from Keyboard Kid in Seattle. It's all the ambient stuff.

i can't argue against a connection your brain made for you but..... i will. Maybe it's because i'm so Drake-phobic that I feel like I would also pick up on a resemblance within Hodgy's flow, but I really don't think they sound much alike. Drake is just so cheesy man. I picked up on more Drake-isms within Kanye's verses on the new album tbh..

Yeah I made that connection with some of Kanye's flows as well. About Hodgy, It's the rhyme construction and the rhythm of his flow, not necessarily the lyrics (as Hodgy's lyrics aren't bad while Drake's are horrible).

I could go find some specific songs with Hodgy where he reminds me of Drake the most but I don't wanna fuck up your liking of the kid.

edit: @Oxy - not sure, but probably. I just know he did most of Function in Space and he's got a decent number of tracks on the rest of B's tapes.

^Gimme a minute to look through his solo tape and I'll throw up some links.

Lot of this stuff isn't on youtube so I'll just list a few here..

From The Dena Tape (his solo release) - Change It Up, Memorex CDs, Pink Leather Intestines

From Mellowhype's Yellow/White - Thuggin, Premier, SmokeSumKushWitMe

Little late on the OFWGKTA discussion, but I personally like Tyler and Earl the best. I haven't heard too many of their songs but Blade, Assmilk, and Seven are probably some of my favorites. I've heard a little but from the other members so I am going to try and find more of there stuff.

i think i am approaching professional burnout.

like, i was thinking about earlier's gym incident and the fact that i had to make such a big deal

who the fuck gives a shit if he has horrible technique?

fuck.

1)ordo is the fucking king of photoshop, that revenge of the nerds picture made me laugh so hard I almost farted

2)some dude on the dior MSN group is selling stuff...that happens to be exactly what I own. Like 3 pieces, I have all 3 pieces as well. What the frack?

3)dead space 2 has a garbage ending.

i thought dior msn closed a long time ago, and the multiply group has been inactive for at least half a year

i meant multiply, and I still get e-mails from members selling things. it's kind of crazy though.