Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

something i posted on my facebook

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone till Jr/Sr year of high school if that. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done too much bad.

I both feel this and also deplore it. I'm a little older than you (about 7 years) so I remember feeling this way. It's the sensation known as "getting old" and it happens to fucking everyone. Our parents were feeling the same shit when cars with automatic transmissions, pong, and color TV came out. Great great granddad felt it with the abolition of slavery, and great great great great great granddad felt it with the independence of the US colonies.

At the same time I COMPLETELY feel what you're saying. I remember the first time I saw 14 years olds with cell phones and though WTF (I didnt get my first one until after college). So your tirade totally appeals to me and I understand it on a fundamental level.

I wonder if this generation will be the last that doesn't fundamentally take technology for granted. When we're in our 80s and our grandkids are getting bionic implants to be able to access thousands of petabytes of data directly from chips in their skulls if we'll be sounding the alarm and crotchedly bitching "I remember when..."

so i was driving in downtown providence during the 15th inning of last nights game and i was stopped at a red light by the bar when the home run happened. you know full well i left the car running at the red light and ran into the bar to see the walkoff, and flipped an extra obnoxious bird to the cars behind me getting all impatient. that was kinda hypocritical of me because i have the worst road rage ever but fuck it

I think that the 90s was just the last leg of things so to speak. it's been happening for awhile but really didn't accelerate until the 90s. or maybe that's just me.

when computers became more common and accessible (does anyone remember chunky old PCs that cost upwards of 1-2k and when the Internet was nothing more then letters and a way for people to speak dirty annoymously?)

when walkmans->cd players->md players->mp3 players->ipods.

desktops->notebooks->tablets->netbooks

etcetc

progress is natural. but we're getting to a point where we rely less and less on our own brain and hands and feet and allow computers and gadgets to do the thinking for us. there are some that still prefer old fashion methods sure, but for the most part many of us has adapted to this technology world and as corny as this may sound,

it's dangerous because population/procreation is not going down if anything technology has allowed us to live further and better methods of child birth

so more people, less jobs needed to be filled because of machinery and technology (also companies love downsizing jobs that belonged three people before to one at a time like this)

not to mention everyone needed xxxxxx because that was the "it" thing.. (PC, cell phone, etc) that fueled the economy

I haven't seen anything like that (maybe the iPhone and even then that is just stuff we already have packaged all into one gadget) that's new, innovating, exciting..

course, I can see what icandunkonu is coming from, the other thing is people need to get used to buying something over time..like saving up for it instead of instant gradification via credit card..so they would hopefully appreciate it more instead of buying it for a second, then moving onto the next thing the other.

I'll just say, I was born in 1985 too, and MJ was far gone from black by then. Just look at the cover of Bad. Also, thank god for save games these days, since games have gotten longer. I remember when I first got FF7 (no memory card)....The damn PS was left on for about two weeks, and I still didn't beat it.

But yeah, kids these days rarely play outside/hangout anymore; unless forced. They're too busy texting, twittering, Facebooking or playing games. You still see some kids playing around outside, but it's few and far. People have thousands of Facebook friends (sharing their personal info with), but only 2-4 (well, maybe more) they can actually rely on.

o warm beer

i got lamb's 151 and some coke in a water bottle in this fkn

some fag jamz

and this kzo shirt on sale maybe

but also considerinmg a helly hansen jacket but that shit is made in china so wtf

i would rather have

MAD EIN JAPAN

KNOW WHAT IM SAYING

okay so this one captain i worke d with rite

he said he trained on the NIAGRA out of lake superior rite

and he wen t down below to get set up for dinner

and there was CRUNCH

and he said

YOU KNOW WHAT THE BEST TOOL IN THE KITCHEN IS...???

YOUR HAND!

and he rolls back his sweaty shirt to his bicep

and sticks his whole arm into this pitcher and swrils it around

and shoves/slides it down the counter to him and says

"HERE YA GO KID"

R.I.P. CRUNCH

please tell me it was a blender........

last night this dream i put all my teeth in a blender.........

or was it her head or my heart........

i couldn't remember.......

i've been awake for 24 hours, drinking for the past 11, and now am obligated to play soccer, and won't be home for another 5 hours. if i die, i donate my body to the temple of jawnz to be stuffed (no homo) and used as a display model. i'm 5'6" 125 lbs. so probably just about a size small.

p.s. fuck.