Type 3 denim jackets: Let's see what you got…

coleslawyum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaah, the jean jacket / khaki khombo!

which khaki's do you recommend kholeslaw?

The Oni Khakis I tried on at BiG were quite nice. I think any are cool as long as they don't have any pleats or cuffs. That kind of pant belongs with a blazer.

Who makes the shortest Type-3? I have a pretty short torso...

My Denime jacket is pretty short. About 25".

Here are a couple of Big E jackets I have - 522 and 526.

lev1qc3.jpg

lev2gd6.jpg

lev3uh3.jpg

It's interesting how different the coloring in the two is - the one in the first two photos has honeycombs on the arms and has a sort of brownish tint. I should probably get rid of the first one - no reason to horde these things. (Here in Texas, we call the double barrel denim a Canadian tuxedo.)

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the same thing... impluse by. I got charged Tax and 5.00 shipping, so mine was $70... weird huh.

I hope it is ridged like they say it is. The pictures didnt show it that way.

Guess what jacket is on sale at Levi's store.com for 60 bucks shipped...?

And guess who just made an impulse buy? :P

I just did the same thing... impluse by. I got charged Tax and 5.00 shipping, so mine was $70... weird huh.

I hope it is ridged like they say it is. The pictures didnt show it that way.

Can either one of you tell us (me) if it's really rigid/dry? The pic is of a pre-distressed one.

I know, I felt the same way. I know they jacket they are talking about, and it is ridgid. I dont know why they have the vintage distressed looking picture. I know that might miss-lead the general public that doesnt know what ridgid deadstock means.

That is all I know for now. If I get a pre-distressed jacket, I wont be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, based on Jubei's post I also did an impulse buy on the LVC jacket on the Levis website. 70 bucks including tax and shipping, not bad for something that retails for 250. It was only on sale for a day. I received it yesterday. It is raw, unwashed denim, made in USA (presumably by Sights Denim). Mix of yellow and orange stitching. It definitely different than the "Capital E" slim trucker I saw in the local Levis store, different denim, different buttons, I did not try that one on so I cannot comment on the fit. I still prefer my Sugar Cane type 2 and may end up unloading this one as I don't wear denim jackets too often.

I am confused however about washing/shrinkage. The Levis website (which I suppose I should trust) indicates it will shrink if home laundered. The care tag inside the jacket says nothing of shrinkage and reccomends warm wash tumble dry hot!! Confusing matters further Cultizm's thread on the LVC s/s '07 collection shows what appears to be the same jacket with a description that says the denim is Kaihara 14 oz preshrunk denim, of course this may not be the same as sold in the USA. For now anyway, I will just tuck it in the closet and email Levis USA for their take on all of this.

I might have picked up the same jacket, but I did a cold soak on mine and the shrinkage overall was about 1.5". The arm length, however, shrank about 3". I think it might be sized up though. It's still pretty loose on me. I bought a XL which, according to the label, is a 48. I usually wear a 42~46 depending on the brand.

I got the same LVC 1967 Type III. I got a size Large, but when they say slim - fit, they mean it. I should have gotten an XL. I will never be able to wash it with water. Dry clean forever. I love the denim and the details, just a little snug. If I would have only known.

I might try to exchange it for an XL, if Levis will allow that at no extra charge.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't own a type 3, but I do have a type 1 LVC that I soaked in hot water and put in the dryer to get most of the shrinking out. There was also a thread in here somewhere where a guy did the same thing, then re-soaked and drip-dried to get the stiffness back. He washed it infrequently, but I don't think it was a year. He got good fading, though, got honeycombs (or whatever they'd be called) in the bends of his arm.

I actually wanna get this:

SCjack.jpg

it's a one-wash though. I don't really want to get a jacket that doesn't fit right which is why I'm hesitating.

I want this jacket. Anyone has any idea were to get it?

I thought so. I took the measurements off of that site, measured a jacket I had, and everything was looser, except for the shoulder, which was just a tad wide. But, alas, the size I should get is out of stock.

• 4 weeks later...

hello!

knows anybody the exacly birthday of the levi's type 3 jacket ? i have read the 507xx is made between 1952-1957 ? or up to 1962 ?

i have a beautyful 557XX jacket with the "every garment guaranteed" on the patch - how old is it ? it must be one of the first type 3 jackets ...

thank you very much

cheers MIKe