east coast SF party

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYC gets my vote cause I'm a New Yorker

I do think BIG is kinda small but if we kept it invite only its possible

my thought is that it could be an event maybe centered around a product launch or something like that something that could garner press for BIG and one of the Brands they carry and give SF members an opportunity to get first dibs and of course congregate

if the event is held in the Summer then the size of BIG would be less of a factor since most gallery events in Soho end up spilling out into the street anyway

the APC store would be awesome but I Doubt it could ever happen

so yeah it could be done big or small I think the biggest factor is who wants to play

Yeah moving threads is a real "rampage."

The Self Edge thread in superdenim existed because it was an actual planned event and we wanted the most visibility... if something happens like this again w/ superfuture sponsorship on the east coast, then there will be a superdenim thread, again, to ensure high visibility.

damn, I want to go but I don't know if we could afford it.

flights from london are about 250, but hotels in NYC are retarded, so we'd be sleeping in a park somewhere. so unless there's a couch/floor space we could crash on..

why can't you yanks just fucking come to europe?

NYC would be the obvious choice, so many SuFu members live there, it's by driving distance of many other East Coast cities (Phily, Boston, DC, Montreal) so car pooling would be possible and flights there are cheap and plentifull. not to mention that i guess most ppl would be able to do some NYC shopping as well.

of course i'd be cool to have some kind of official "fashion" party at a boutique, but a simple get together, talk about denim and clothes and get drunk would be pretty much as fun i think. anyway, i'm down for sure even if it's elsewhere ( i don't have anything against DC, just i didn't get the impression it was a "fun" city the 2 times i visited).

Would you guys be interested in a Steez/SuFu joint effort, possibly with some designers involved as well? I know that NYC would be the place, but space is at a premium. How about the the DC area, at Denim Bar, which is actually a Bar? I'll cross post this on Styleforum, and of course talk to Mauro to see if this is viable (of course, there are denim parties regularly there in any case).

i would be down for dc or new york. i think denimbar is a great idea. im sure BIG is a great place and gordon sounds like a true gentleman but mauro and denimbar have been supporting both the steez and sufu forever. and hotels in new york are mad costly.

we are looking at ways of making regular superfuture events in different cities so keep this thread going with all ideas and we will decide which ones might be viable and follow up on it. obviously organizing events and parties requires quite a bit of coordination and planning - particularly when everyone is scattered all over the planet. i am going to be back in new york around june and that would be the obvious time and place for us to do something there, so stay tuned.

option one: homeless shelter.

option two: sleeping on the streets.

option three: slumber party.

option four: not to sleep. instead we wander the new york streets like a pack of zombies. a pack of zombies wearing raw denim.

im just brainstorming so feel free to chime in.

the gershwin hotel has $100 economy suites w/ double beds (prolly a little more on weekends)

that's where i always stay for long weekenders in nyc

I stayed there last new years, awesome price for NYC and very clean, interesting art. Paid $120 a night for the second to best room.