Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I tossed the idea back and forth for a long time but ended up not soaking them, on the advice of the guy at Tenue De Nimes.

i wish i'd sized up and soaked my context x momo 701s despite the fades i achieved. they are so dirty at the moment that the fades aren't coming through as strong. i didn't size/hem for any shrink what-so-ever. i still don't know what 'partially sanforized' means.

yeah. i'll figure something out. i haven't really worn them in almost 2 years. i'm not totally the same size i was then i did stretch them out pretty seriously. they were very tight at first.

i also hemmed them pretty short -that's my #1 worry.

also, in semi-related news, i have a pair of brand new (without tags or pocket flasher) ER007-2B size 32 that are slightly too big. i'll part with them for $250 shipped in US. PM if interested. i'm not in a hurry to part with them just not gonna be wearing them in the near future and it'd be more fun to see more of the grand/deep indigo showing up nice and faded on this thread.

Well thanks everyone!

I thought they were completely sanforized, the inside label say "may shrink up to 2%"

Either way I plan on wearing them for the first soak, and I've got a little waist room to lose.

Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker. I dont have access to see much good denim in person so its kinda hard for me to tell from measurements and pics alone. Does Momotaro offer anything with an exaggerated taper? Not looking for a very slim jean up top. More interested in copper and vintage label also. If not Momotaro can someone point me in the direction of something up my alley? Thanks!

Japan Blue 0400 would be your best bet if you're looking for a tapered cut. Though they aren't really comparable to Momotaro in some aspects. The 0201 is also a tapered cut (tapers from knee down) with a somewhat roomy topblock. Wouldn't call it your typical tapered fit, but if sized right can look very good.

Thanks MIstral, this is also what i thought. I have the 700sp in a tagged size 30 and i really hate the fit, they are slightly roomy in the thighs but it just seems like they make my thighs look like like boxes. I really hate the how much the crotch wants to ride up also. I'm considering the Japan Blue 400 but I really want something nicer. The 0201 looks nice and i dont mind the somewhat relaxed fit. My bigggest concern is the crotch and thighs. Did I not like the 700sp because it was my first mid-rise jean? Orwas it the cut? Or the combo of both? Any ideas you might have are welcome of course it's all speculation since I have only tried on these jeans and my APC New Cure.

Thanks MIstral, this is also what i thought. I have the 700sp in a tagged size 30 and i really hate the fit, they are slightly roomy in the thighs but it just seems like they make my thighs look like like boxes. I really hate the how much the crotch wants to ride up also. I'm considering the Japan Blue 400 but I really want something nicer. The 0201 looks nice and i dont mind the somewhat relaxed fit. My bigggest concern is the crotch and thighs. Did I not like the 700sp because it was my first mid-rise jean? Orwas it the cut? Or the combo of both? Any ideas you might have are welcome of course it's all speculation since I have only tried on these jeans and my APC New Cure.

The 0201 (Momotaro Vintage Label) has a roomier topblock than the 07xx models of either JB and Momotaro (the brands share a lot of the same fits). This also applies to the thigh area. You can't go wrong with them.

Do mind though, Momotaro Vintage Label is shrink to fit.

Saw some nice electric blue on my JB0101's showing through today, on the inner thigh close to the knee. Just some quick shots on my way to clase and in class.

Cheers

TeN4Ol.jpgKyaGjl.jpg

Saw some nice electric blue on my JB0101's showing through today, on the inner thigh close to the knee. Just some quick shots on my way to clase and in class.

Cheers

TeN4Ol.jpgKyaGjl.jpg

good shit. keep us posted.