Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

try a 45mins warm/hot soak, then hang to dry.

thanks, man! i trust what you say, but im apprehensive about giving them more water, i think? this should help restore the rigidness/better for creasing/fades in the long run at this point? theyre already 3 mo's in, with one hot soak at 1 month to try and shorten inseam, then the rain storms, one which was particularly bad..

woah thanks for the compliments there jus schilling !

i totally forgot the exact time, i soaked them first after 6months or so.

dont think too much about it, just wear em hard ;)

btw if youre looking for the whiskers u should upsize it. i accidentally choose a bigger size lol

nice, dude.. yeah, im not too crazy about the exact time i soak/wash either.. i only asked because they look like they got lots of life yet, not crazy damaged or worn, but cool fades/color.. you should keep rocking those/keep us updated!

Edited by jus schilling

if you checked the measurements before you ordered you' would've found out that the 702s are under-sized compared to the 701s [... or prolly other 700 models] hence, if you TTSed, you would've been right on.

anyway, have you soaked already? if yes, & you don't have any other issues 'cept the waist, then it's still doable__ possibly even end up with a nice slimmer fit,__ ie, if that's what you were aiming for.

the waistband is still rigid & stiff__ w/c makes the waist feel even tighter. @this point you need to "break" the waistband by conditioning/tempering the fabric. denim is fully sanforized, so there's no other natural tendency, but for it to stretch out

i've mentioned [this] technique a few times here already, but, anyway ....get a stick or hanger that's about the same measurement as the current [ie, stretched-out] waist.

every time you soak, jam that stick against the [buttoned up] waistband & keep it there until they fully dry.

the purpose is to nail down the waistband to 'absolute" [current, worn, stretched] measurement while allowing the rest of the jeans to cure/temper/shrink on queue [as normal]. keep the routine until the fabric softens up & stabilizes.

also, it'll lessen the chances of effing up the top button__ since there's less flux @waistband, there's less pressure on the button cuz you don't need to constantly force-stretch to button up ever time you soak/wash.

Thks for your help. Appreciate a lot.

Would the 0705sp stretch? Do they even need to be pre-soaked (hot or cold)? If yes would they shrink? how much would they stretch?

Sorry for all the questions kinda new to this hehe.. been thinking of ordering the 0705sp from BiG and i just need some feedback

Would the 0705sp stretch? Do they even need to be pre-soaked (hot or cold)? If yes would they shrink? how much would they stretch?

Sorry for all the questions kinda new to this hehe.. been thinking of ordering the 0705sp from BiG and i just need some feedback

The 0705SP is a one-wash jeans, which is... Exactly as it is, once washed.

Though they didn't wash them in a washingmachine or industrial laundry. The jeans have been washed/rinsed using seawater. While they likely won't shrink much, chances are there is still a bit off shrinkage left in them. Seawater still isn't scalding hot, is it?

The denim will stretch though. An inch in the waist.

The 0705BiG is also available. This pair is supposed to be raw unsanforized, which means it is a shrink-to-fit pair. However, I've read a couple of times that shrinkage on that pair is close to non existent. Do not take my word for it though.

looks uncomfortable and maybe a size up will be near perfect. thighs looks to have no breathing space and i wonder if you sit or squat , it will be even tighter..

if its too tight for anywhere especialy the crotch, and the problem with tight as hell pockets..... then i think return and get size one up is better imo.

actually going for the true size however tried them on and they were pretty large in the waist, so I gotta make a choice between having them too loose or taking the bet that they will stretch out. Had a pair of aprils and bought them at true size however they have expanded 2 inch in the waist so.....

i'm a fan of wearing my jeans skinny, but diondevil, that's a bit too tight appearing - when i first saw the pic, I was super-excited because i thought that momo had made some women's jeans that i could get for my wife. while those will probably stretch some, i doubt they'd ever reach "comfortable" (unless they hid some elastane in the blend or something).

@geeman @tdj yupp its quite uncomfortable at first having sized down one but after wearing it for a full day or two the waist area have stretched quite abit to my waist size. The denim is still quite tight in the thigh are which is quite worrying and i have to switch to freaking underwears after wearing boxers for so many years. The balls area is still quite ok as the rise is quite low.

@get up if you have slim thighs and would like to go for a skinny fit i would say size down one and the waist will stretch in a few wears. The true size fits quite loosely in my waist area for it is always best to try them on personally.

the 100's and 0101's are waaaaaay too skinny.. i had to retire them.. i wonder what they new cut they replaced those models with is like.. all ive heard is that theyre supposed to be more tapered.. so tighter? i really hope not..

i figured theyd be similiar to n&f skinny guy, which is what ive read all over here.. theyre not.. theyre way skinnier than any skinny guy ive ever owned..

sucks, because this is really a great jean.. hard as shit to get fades going, and the construction is insane.. but its also good, im out of the skinny game all togather now.. time to move on.. ive got a pair of left field chelsea jeans en route..

about the phone fades, i dunno, but i had a cigarette pack fade starting up on my 0101's..