Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Hey guys,

I was looking for a new pair of affordable jeans and have set my eyes upon Japan blue.

However, I am not really sure which cut would be most suitable...

I am looking for something a bit tight, but not skinny. I own a pair of eternal 811's in size 32 as well as a Nudie slim jim in 32.

I think the 0700sp comes closest to what I want, but I am not to sure on sizing. I couldn't close the top button on my eternals when I first got them, but they have stretched out nicely. Maybe a little bit too much, as there is too much room around my bottom, but that might be fit specific.

btw, can anyone explain the difference between the 0700 and the jb0701?

Sounds good to me...

as my eternals are a size 32, should I also go for a 32 in these? It seems that they are pretty true to size/1 larger.. but do not shrink that much.

sorry for all these questions. I've just been out of denim buying for awhile, and not really familiar with this brand. Its just that the price seems pretty fair for what you get.

i ordered a pair of jp0101s last night.. from what i gather here, and around the internets, is that theyre probably best deal for price range.. which im assuming means the 200 market? rt's, baldwins, tellason? i know, all american brands.. but thats what comes to mind to me when i think of that price range of jean?

psyched tho, from what im hearing..

i understand theyre slow to fade.. which is fine.. as long as they do.. im down to put in work..

how is the hardware and construction? im sort of sick of companies saying to beat the shit out of your jeans (which i dont even do compared to most, really..) and then having them fall apart too soon..

and whatsup with usa (texas?) cotton? thats not a good thing? didnt skull have a falling out with se over something like this? just asking, because i dont know/am not fimiliar with tx cotton..

BUT i have seen, and it to a fckn while to find, 6 month evo pics of two jp pairs.. one was the 0102, and the looser cut of the 01's..

the 02's use zimbabwe cotton and were coming along niiiiiiice!

the 01's using usa werent looking so hot.. like random sloppy fade marks.. just looked like somebody threw a pair of raws into the dryer on high..

wondering if this was a cotton issue, or maybe the person wearing the denim didnt know what they were doing/were doing odd shit in them..

ill find those evo pics and post them here in a few..

in the meantime, could anybody fill me in on tx cotton scoop? or direct me to some info?

thanks...

*saw some nice looking pairs using texas cotton.. like sam s0500xx.. i should really do my own research and chill..*

Edited by jus schilling

here they are.. too many pics to post, so ill just link.. http://okiya.eu/blog/?tag=japan-blue

the 01's dont look so bad.. i think its just due to them being directly out of the wash, maybe crappy photography, maybe washed too soon, or incorrectly.. who knows..

and if this is all old news.. my bad.. it was just from my understanding that there wasnt much info on progressions, as these being relatively new?

*maybe i spoke too soon.. maybe they were washed too soon.. i dunno.. just personally hate that fresh out the wash look.. theyll probably look better once broken into again/more work put in.. combs and stacks looking good on those, btw..*

Edited by jus schilling

nice fit pics of the 0101s.. not sure how far along.. jackmoved from selvedgeforum.com.. not english..

Thank you, that is me in the pic, It's good to know someone like my lousy fit pics. This 0101 aged 1 month with everyday wear.

BTW , I'm from Thailand and selvedgeforum is Thai Denim Lover Webboard.

Thank you, that is me in the pic, It's good to know someone like my lousy fit pics. This 0101 aged 1 month with everyday wear.

BTW , I'm from Thailand and selvedgeforum is Thai Denim Lover Webboard.

yeah, dude, nah thats a good look.. im 3 days into mine.. wearing them like yers.. small cuff w/ stacks.. you got yers hemmed? im 6"3.. and its pretty tight around the shins.. hoping they break in well/stretch out a bit.. i like the fit you got going. hoping mine looks a bit more like that a month in..

also.. heres a cool article w/ vid rawrdenim just did about PRACT visiting the japan blue group, momo store, and rampuya factory.. some cool interviews w/ momo peoples..

http://www.rawrdenim...pan-blue-group/

Edited by jus schilling

yeah, dude, nah thats a good look.. im 3 days into mine.. wearing them like yers.. small cuff w/ stacks.. you got yers hemmed? im 6"3.. and its pretty tight around the shins.. hoping they break in well/stretch out a bit.. i like the fit you got going. hoping mine looks a bit more like that a month in..

also.. heres a cool article w/ vid rawrdenim just did about PRACT visiting the japan blue group, momo store, and rampuya factory.. some cool interviews w/ momo peoples..

http://www.rawrdenim...pan-blue-group/

the first two weeks was my love hate part, can't eat as much as I want but she will stretch fast and fit to your body. Not sure if you may have same problem with the front pocket. It's so deep, it look like I scratch something hard whenever my phone ring.

I'm 6'1" and hemed down for 2", you may not need to hem at all. Let's wait for 2-3 weeks for the stack to set up then decide how much you want to hem.

Thanks for awesome link! Cheers.

no way.. small cuff plus stacks all day, if im able too.. lol love/hate part.. the front pockets ARE deep.. kind of hard to get in there right now tho.. i dont keep anything in there anyways.. yeah, when the stacks settle well see whatsup.. thanks for posting, and the info.. hope you stick around..

no way.. small cuff plus stacks all day, if im able too.. lol love/hate part.. the front pockets ARE deep.. kind of hard to get in there right now tho.. i dont keep anything in there anyways.. yeah, when the stacks settle well see whatsup.. thanks for posting, and the info.. hope you stick around..

sure, will keep update the pic each month. Hope to see yours soon. Oops , Euro 2012 is back...night

• 2 weeks later...

Ej lads, I'm thinking of buying a worn 0201, but i'm hestitant because of the waist.

Can some guys with the 0201 sz 31 give some waist measurements? I'm curious as to the amount it will stretch...

edit; 'cause i need stretch :P

Edited by Conundrum