Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

New in at tate + yoko:

Momotaro 0702 Deep Indigo Tight Straight 15oz

http://tateandyoko.c...edge-denim.html

TJ625l.jpg

Same denim as the ER007-2B but different warp yarns give the 0702 an incredibly dark and deep, midnight blue. These will fade beautifully.

"Tight straight" fit - slim top block, medium/low rise, slim leg, slight taper

15oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric

Deep, super dark pure indigo warp with a sulphur dyed weft

Deer skin leather patch

Button fly

Copper rivets

Pink inseam thread

100% natural Zimbabwe cotton

100% natural cotton thread

Made in Japan

PLUeTl.jpg

wRLoDl.jpg

eEjLul.jpg

http://tateandyoko.c...edge-denim.html

So I haven't really worn my nf+momos since the first few weeks of december . . . off for the holiday, etc. + wearing my other collabs.

I'm kinda forcing myself to wear them again to get some wear on them - I don't see much, though they are soft, and starting to get shiny. I think I have ~3.5 months on them so far, and hope that I can wear them through summer to get them to the 8 month mark.

I love the material, but the top block of the sg collabs are just so tight that it is really uncomfortable compared to my other pairs of weirdguys that fit perfectly.

Are you referring to the skinny guy or weird guys? I've got the weird guys and mine fit big and at probably 5 weeks wear are definitely showing some signs of wear.

If you need some inspiration, you could go to mynudies and check out the competition thread between Hippo and Kayodic.

Are you referring to the skinny guy or weird guys? I've got the weird guys and mine fit big and at probably 5 weeks wear are definitely showing some signs of wear.

If you need some inspiration, you could go to mynudies and check out the competition thread between Hippo and Kayodic.

i have the sg's sized down 1, since they don't make a 35w which measures to a 36 (my ideal size). i have the 34w, which measure to a 35.

i usually wear the top button undone for comfort, even though i can get it done, but im going to start buttoning it, in the hopes that i can get the waist to stretch another inch . . .

also, ive seen kays/hippos collabs a lot this past year . . .

did you get the momo2s in your normal wg size? from the measurements ive seen, they are vanity sized an extra inch, so three inches instead of the usual two. also, they are said to use a slightly different material that fades faster, so that may be why you are seeing quicker results.

Edited by hawkway

Yeah, got my normal size. Tried to size down, but couldn't get the 34s done up. I like the fit overall, but it could be a bit tighter. Good for summer, I guess.

The collaboration between Momotaro and Blue Owl

The first 3 denims in the Momotaro x Blue Owl series will feature a new fit that has never been used on the Momotaro main line, skinny straight. The Skinny Straight fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly from the thigh to the leg opening. All 3 denims use unsanforized raw selvedge denim made with Zimbabwe cotton produced by the Rampuya denim mill and sewn by the factories of Momotaro in Kojima, Okayama.

BOM2.JPG

With our 1st collaboration we wanted a super dark denim, but not black. We wanted something that was unique and memorable, yet also minimalistic. The result is a creative denim that uses a super dark indigo with black stitching and details that makes the denim look black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations. We used the same fabric from the Momotaro Vintage Series which is rope dyed in pure indigo and already super dark. We used black stitching throughout and a black deer skin patch to give a clean look making the denim look black, at least until the fabric starts to fade. Finally with a tribute to the Going to Battle series and what has become one of the recognizable symbols of the Momotaro label we added the battle stripes, but in black. Thus we are proud to introduce the "Midnight Warrior" denim.

BOM3.JPG

BOM4.JPG

Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Skinny Straight 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM001

leaning towards the aesthetics of Model BOM001

icon_eek.gifit does look quite similar to my "Special OPs" stealth stripes :)B)

here's the fit pix of 701s [sU1 @W34] with the newly painted acrylic " Inversed" GTB stripe [low-profile]. i find the white stripe too much of an attention grabber, so i made them sorta low-profile & stealthy [ei.,while denim is still raw+dark]. hence, the "Special Ops" version cool.png

momogtb2.jpg

momogtb.jpg

momofit.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

i'm with you. tired of the look, plus they don't even fit my thighs. bom003 in above mentioned cut would be my choice. if momotaro, or any other premium label, did something like that i would buy in an instant. just waiting for a reason to get a pair of momotaros here...

Hey guys. I was a little selfish with our first 3 collabs as I prefer a slimmer fit....but I am listening and if you want a different fit I can make something happen. I am working on collab 4-6 now and I can easily make a different fit and fabric. E-mail me suggestions and I can maybe make something for fall.

Hey guys. I was a little selfish with our first 3 collabs as I prefer a slimmer fit....but I am listening and if you want a different fit I can make something happen. I am working on collab 4-6 now and I can easily make a different fit and fabric. E-mail me suggestions and I can maybe make something for fall.

do you happen to have a list of sizes that you can show people, for pre-soak in the unsanforized? I don't think they can be seen anywhere else, since the JBxMomo collabs in that fit are sanforized . . .

I would love to see a fit in between the 0201 or 0701. So, a tad roomier than the 0701, but slimmer than the 0201. I like the way the 0201 tapers, so that should remain. Maybe in a colour resembling the Copper Labels (G003, G004, G007 eg the lighter color, would be perfect for summer)

Hey Jay, do the BOM collabs still have the pink inseam?

And just to be clear, I like what you're doing with the styles/details, I just can't fit my thighs in skinny cuts.

Oh yeah, and I'll email you about things I'd like to see in the future collabs...

Edited by HoustonChris

Thank you for the input guys. Basically my idea on these collaborations is to keep them small and make several of them so we can be more experimental and make different fits and styles that will appeal to everyone who is a fan of the label. E-mail me any ideas, would love to hear them.

Hey Jay, do the BOM collabs still have the pink inseam?

And just to be clear, I like what you're doing with the styles/details, I just can't fit my thighs in skinny cuts.

Oh yeah, and I'll email you about things I'd like to see in the future collabs...

Momo = Pink. Anything else is unacceptable in my opinion.

I want to do a small collab like this releasing every 8-10 weeks, so I am sure we can come up with some ideas that you would appreciate.

I would love to see a fit in between the 0201 or 0701. So, a tad roomier than the 0701, but slimmer than the 0201. I like the way the 0201 tapers, so that should remain. Maybe in a colour resembling the Copper Labels (G003, G004, G007 eg the lighter color, would be perfect for summer)

What would you think of Weird Guy type fit? Something with room in the thigh and a taper from the knee down. I was considering this for collab #4.

do you happen to have a list of sizes that you can show people, for pre-soak in the unsanforized? I don't think they can be seen anywhere else, since the JBxMomo collabs in that fit are sanforized . . .

When the first collab arrives, we will post measurements which will be in the unsanforized state.

Jay - have you tried the N&FxMomo WG? Are you suggesting doing pretty much the same cut? Would be great if you did, but just a bit smaller than the N&Fs.

Yes, I would buy a pair of these.

Jay - have you tried the N&FxMomo WG? Are you suggesting doing pretty much the same cut? Would be great if you did, but just a bit smaller than the N&Fs.

i think these would be amazing in their vintage series denim . . . that material is so gorgeous.

That is exactly what I was planning, unsanforized of course.

Thank you for the input guys. Basically my idea on these collaborations is to keep them small and make several of them so we can be more experimental and make different fits and styles that will appeal to everyone who is a fan of the label. E-mail me any ideas, would love to hear them.

Momo = Pink. Anything else is unacceptable in my opinion.

Nice to see a range of collabs of your and Momotaro''s hand. You definately know your stuff.

By the way, I for one, like you also think pink should be on Momotaro jeans. It was a dealbreaker for me regarding the otherwise superior 0705NI offered by BiG.

What would you think of Weird Guy type fit? Something with room in the thigh and a taper from the knee down. I was considering this for collab #4.

Well, Weird Guy sounds good. But rather with a somewhat less severe taper.

I'm very proud to be the very first owner of the blueowl+momotaro midnight warrior series denim. I got the very first pair that rampuya produced, will post pictures tomorrow because my camera is out of batteries now and cna't find the charger before I have to leave for work! So I will take some tomorrow in the daylight. These are my first pair of momotaros and I can't even begin to describe how incredible the denim/ fit is. Thank you Jay!