Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

yea i hv been waiting for the 0702 from last year bro! lol

just wanna see more informative post regarding it, but yours are really a great help :)

This is what I know regarding the 0702's. It's a 85% sanforized fabric, so it won't shrink much. Fabric is very dense and has a rough feel (initially). This is due to the fabric itself, but also from starch. They run very close to tag. I first had a size 28 from BO, which measured 28.3", top button closed, waist alligned a la BiG method. So I went with a 29. They fit like a dream and are somewhat more comfortable than my 0701's. Fitpics are in this thread.

FYI: 0701's are raw, unshrunk and will not be soaked ever. Tagged 28 measured 29.5" according to BO's measurement chart.

@ brownmetallic

As far as I know the fabricage both come grond the Rampuya mill. The fabric is exactly the same, bureau both modelsvare sanforized to a different degree and the 0702 features another "type" of indigo, because of that the color is much darker.

GI sports Copper Label arcs and white tab and misses the pink selvage ID. 0702 comes with it, but doesn't have tab and arc

That's funny I just realized there is no arc or tab while I was cleaning the cream cheese I just spilled on it

@ brownmetallic

As far as I know the fabricage both come grond the Rampuya mill. The fabric is exactly the same, bureau both modelsvare sanforized to a different degree and the 0702 features another "type" of indigo, because of that the color is much darker.

GI sports Copper Label arcs and white tab and misses the pink selvage ID. 0702 comes with it, but doesn't have tab and arc

day after the waist soak. Made the waist a tad bit tighter but didn't really do much since they sit on my ass and thighs for the most part. I still feel iffy since I am not used to having a waist that isn't so snug like the grand indigo's I just came out of but the thighs were getting too tight on those I felt and would have gotten tighter from working out. The legs feel just right on these though, I tried to size down but the thighs immediately felt too tight but I know the waist would have been right, but here are some photo's let me know what you think, almost wish I would have went up just one instead of 2.....almost wanna sell em and get something else. Only been 2 days. But this upper block I feel like I am swimming in it.

First, the Grand Indigo's I stopped wearing tagged 31 measured 33" thigh 11.25 but here stretched out to 12.4"

IMG_0568-1.jpg

Now the 0702. 2 sizes up. tagged 33 measured 34" thigh 11.75

DSC_0387-1.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

Edited by TheGanjaLife

depends on what you want to do with them. if you're interest is to keep them longer, the 702 should be the [more conservative] choice__ just wear a belt. but, if your priority is fit "now", you can prolly squeeze into a W32 [w/ a partial soak on the top block, but watch out for thread breakage/blown seams.

imho, keep the 702s.

That is what I was thinking exactly, my waist measures at 33 the 32 would have worked but I probably would have been looking at some thread breakage like how I was on the 31's. Threads were breaking within 2 days in the crotch and I could tell the crotch would have went fast. I do wear a belt with my jeans, it has a little bunch in the crotch that kind of irritates me but oh well I think only I notice it and I am just not used it. Plus me walking around the house with my belt off examining the extra waist space was freaking me out, I just woke up tossed em on put on my belt and the jeans feel great Maybe as time goes on and the fabric breaks in more it'll get better and the little crotch waist/crotch bunch part will diminish. Thank you guys!!

here is the waist shot I forgot to post

If I stretch it out with my hand its about an inch and a half

DSC_0423.jpg

depends on what you want to do with them. if you're interest is to keep them longer, the 702 should be the [more conservative] choice__ just wear a belt. but, if your priority is fit "now", you can prolly squeeze into a W32 [w/ a partial soak on the top block, but watch out for thread breakage/blown seams.

imho, keep the 702s.

Edited by TheGanjaLife

I think you don't have any option. size 32 = thighs too tight, size 33 = waist too loose.

you should admit that you won't achieve the perefct fit overall at any point of the pair, as it is just not the right cut for you. but since this denim only comes in this cut, there's not much you can do

@ theganjalife:

Maybe you should try wearing the jeans a bit lower. That way the fly won't be pulling that much and the waist will sit on your body. Don't forget that the fabric is pretty thick and, if still starchy, won't mold to your body very easily.

I wouldn't size down though. The 0702 is closer to tag size than the GI's if you provided correct measurements. For info, I can fit a 28 in both Momo 0701 (without soaking) and a one wash G007 (Copper Labels). But I couldn't even button up the fly on the same tagged size in the 0702. The fly didn't even line up to get the buttons in.

I think you don't have any option. size 32 = thighs too tight, size 33 = waist too loose.

you should admit that you won't achieve the perefct fit overall at any point of the pair, as it is just not the right cut for you. but since this denim only comes in this cut, there's not much you can do

I've heard/read somewhere that there's going to be a 0202 also. But can't recall source and if it is completely reliable.

Already know, I'm on the search for a diff cut. I'll either give these to my brother in law or save em for a rainy day.

Edited by TheGanjaLife

So yesterday I picked up a pair of size 30 0201's. Too tight for my liking, could only fit my fingertips in the waistband by force. I knew it was too much of a tight fit right then and there especially knowing that I was going to soak and end up at a 30 true. My waist measures at 32 1/2-33.

So exchanged the 30's for a 31. Didn't take pre soak sorry but I will take some post soak pictures once they finish drying. Below are pictures of me in the 30. They may look ok but trust me, I wasn't having it in the waist even if I could button up the top button but hardly.

9975edc0.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

f0ded0c7.jpg

Edited by TheGanjaLife

@ Theganjalife:

Momo's are notorious for not stretching very easily. I reckon a size 31 measures something like 32" (maybe a half inch bigger, give or take). While these will shrink up to an inch in the waist, I wouldn't be too sure that they stretch back to raw measurements. The denim is very tightly woven.

Well, having said that, I think the fit on your 0201's is solid, but don't know if they would fit that good after soak, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, I've seen people handling the 0201/0701's and managing to stretch them a fair bit, but mostly after prolonged wear in raw condition. (Ryan Huber from Context, offyatree from MyNudies).

Size 31, post soak. Almost like the 30 better, deal with the uncomfort for a bit and just wear it raw and break it in like how (offyatree) did. My true waist is about 32.5 exactly and he stretched out to that. I am thinking that this true to size would last longer though? What do you think the 31 or 30? The 30's are posted above

Anyone wanna pick up the 0201 in a 31? About to post in the market.

13dedff2.jpg

23ea44c8.jpg

dc56ef5e.jpg

8a8a4f08.jpg

7724e5dd.jpg

0dfd3e3a.jpg

0f774d57.jpg

@ Theganjalife:

Momo's are notorious for not stretching very easily. I reckon a size 31 measures something like 32" (maybe a half inch bigger, give or take). While these will shrink up to an inch in the waist, I wouldn't be too sure that they stretch back to raw measurements. The denim is very tightly woven.

Well, having said that, I think the fit on your 0201's is solid, but don't know if they would fit that good after soak, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, I've seen people handling the 0201/0701's and managing to stretch them a fair bit, but mostly after prolonged wear in raw condition. (Ryan Huber from Context, offyatree from MyNudies).

Edited by TheGanjaLife

What's the difference between the two? Looking at the pics on Blue Owl the fabric looks basically the same (is the deep indigo slightly darker?), and the sizing isn't much different either. The only noticeable difference based on Blue Owl's measurements seems to be a .25" higher rise for the same size in the grand indigo.

@theganjalife-I agree, the size 30 look way too tight in the waist. Size 31 looks much more comfortable. Fit through the legs looks good in both.

Edited by Quoise1203

Yep minor differences, also on the grand indigo their is an arch on the back right pocket and the Momotaro tag, the 0702 has neither. Sizes are a little diff like you said you saw the #'s on blue owls site. The 31 fits great on me, a little right but the thighs should stretch like how my last ones did. Stretched em to the max.

What's the difference between the two? Looking at the pics on Blue Owl the fabric looks basically the same (is the deep indigo slightly darker?), and the sizing isn't much different either. The only noticeable difference based on Blue Owl's measurements seems to be a .25" higher rise for the same size in the grand indigo.

@theganjalife-I agree, the size 30 look way too tight in the waist. Size 31 looks much more comfortable. Fit through the legs looks good in both.

crotch blowout is imminent on my 4 month old vintage label 0701's (1x initial soak, 1x wash)...i am never gonna own a pair of fucking jeans that don't blowout. :(

Momo has one of the best/toughest 100% cotton threads around, IMO. there's got to be a logical explanation why you're getting blowouts__ maybe large thighs &/or wearing them low? ... and i suggest, if you're into more intense lifestyle, do preventive reinforcement on pressure points before taking them to the extreme.

Edited by BrownMetallic

I was in the same boat. Loved the color of tr grand so I went with it again. Had the deep indigo for a day before I sold em because they were too big. So when I go the smaller size I decided with the grand indigo.

got the 702s... tnx, man!

couldn't even do the top button on the 33s that i tried @BiG, but these particular 33s were spot on.

btw, just for comparison, i went SU1 @34 on the 701s.

will post fit when i get a new camera.

Edited by BrownMetallic