Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I'm quite sure there are many factors that determine the leg twist. Some twist more, some less. Warehosue and Denime jeans have a strong leg twist, Samurai not so much.

I remember a post from Paul T about a sanforized denim Cone developed that also had leg twist (what isn't that pronounced on unsanforized denim).

The copper label denim is different to the vintage label denim, right?

That's right. The fabric on the Copper Labels is one oz lighter and made of another composition regarding cotton. The same cotton that is used in their dress shirts.. The only thing I could think of, that this particular pair doesn't have legtwist is that the seawater they get soaked into is just to cold to get noticable "movement" in the cottonfibers. But that's just guessing...

Regarding your post I would say that the type of cotton and the tension of the weave could have something to do with legtwisting abilities.

Guyz, as already mentioned before in this thread,

Basically, without going into detail,

- Vintage label = unsanforised,NOT anti-skew treated

- GTB label = same cloth as Vintage label, BUT, 10°C rinsed, sanforised & anti-skew treated

- Copper label = a lighter oz cloth, different dye, sanforised & anti-skew treated, seawater rinsed

Cotton on all models is the same (long staple Zimbabwe cotton), thread spinning differs!

Anti-skew treatment does NOT exclude leg twist, it'll be just very minimalised. (this process already has been explained in detail -by Kiya I think- over here on SuFu)

- GTB label = same cloth as Vintage label, BUT, 10°C rinsed, sanforised & anti-skew treated

- Copper label = a lighter oz cloth, different dye, sanforised & anti-skew treated, seawater rinsed

Cotton on all models is the same (long staple Zimbabwe cotton), thread spinning differs!

Anti-skew treatment does NOT exclude leg twist, it'll be just very minimalised. (this process already has been explained in detail -by Kiya I think- over here on SuFu)

While most of this info is common sense for me, I wasn't aware of the anti-skewing process both Copper and GTB Labels had been gone through. So thanks for the info! +rep

By the way, I haven't read the post you were referring to. Mostly because I don't browse all the threads on the board. And Kiya, while being a knowledable man, doesn't post in this thread much... If at all.

Momotaro do have a few secrets... makes the brand interesting, no?

Kiya didn't post about the anti-skewing process in this thread, might be in the SelfEdge thread.. I'll look it up for you.

Thx for the +

Momotaro do have a few secrets... makes the brand interesting, no?

Kiya didn't post about the anti-skewing process in this thread, might be in the SelfEdge thread.. I'll look it up for you.

Thx for the +

So true, but I find Momotaro to be particularly interesting that I really want to know all about it. So every secret revealed in this case, makes me more and more known with the brand... Which is a good thing, if you're into it.

Lol @ being posted in SelfEdge thread by the way, I almost never look at it. Europe has a lot of other stores that sell interesting denim ;)

welcome back rubyblue! the Momogeeks here missed you (right mistral? ;)), thanks for shedding the light again and again....

Heh, yeah! Well, Ruby has proven again and again that he is a reliable source regarding info on the brand. Though I'm not unfamiliar with Momo, it never hurts to enrich and/or share your knowledge.

But you Kayo, are in about the same league. You sure know a lot about the brand too :)

Very Interesting! Although I thought GTB were also okayama seawater washed and thus not sanforized...

Thx y'all. Inet is up and running again, and at the end of the mnnth our store will be up & running...(finally) :-)

i was bored in bed and looking over my 0701's - are anyone else's button holes cut really badly? also, the beltloops seem to be sewn on pretty bad too, and are sorta cut crooked in a way - it's kind of hard to explain. everything else is top notch though, maybe i just got a dud pair.

i was bored in bed and looking over my 0701's - are anyone else's button holes cut really badly? also, the beltloops seem to be sewn on pretty bad too, and are sorta cut crooked in a way - it's kind of hard to explain. everything else is top notch though, maybe i just got a dud pair.

Where did you buy them?

If construction is faulty/poor, the item will be swapped free of charge by Japan Blue...

More ore less,

0705SP has a slightly higher rise, slightly nrrower thighs and slightly narrower leg opening and shorter inseam...

But, after some wear, both models mould nicely around your lower body and will feel the same.

max: here is the best photo i could take with my cell phone of the leg twist. it actually gets alot worse the closer to the bottom you get - the seam is basically facing forward entirely if i don't cuff them up high (x3).

rCj6e.jpg

i was thinking another soak (i only did an initial hot one at the start) might help it a little, but i'm not sure if its even worth it. it doesn't bother me that much, but if i was being honest i'd rather it be less severe.

Some pix of my wife's 7003SP :

MOMO7003SP-8047.jpg

MOMO7003SP-8058.jpg

This pair has been (frequently, but not daily) worn since februari, a couple of hot soaks & machine washes, hence the nice blue color.

In the meantime another update of my current 0901 as they are right now. Color & contrast is as accurate as can be.

OKIYA-blog-8016.jpg

OKIYA-blog-8019.jpg

I'll try to make some fitpics asap.

i had the cheap ass loose leaves that came in a can. i did a half-can per 2-gal solution with a couple of spoon of salt.

Oolong is considered as brown tea. i'm going for an amber cast, so i'm trying a stronger [black tea] stain next time__ right after the wash.