Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

4 hours ago, BrownMetallic said:

@SF2Turbo From experience,  “Vintage” denim, tho sanforized, has residual shrinkage even after multiple washes.  If they’re spot [new],  they’ll be tight down the line . . . so, u need to size up 1.

On the other hand,  the “Copper” ones get most of the shrinkage upfront, on 1st couple of washes.

thanks for that iv got all the labels still on the denim. still have the receipt so will spend the next week thinking what to do will also mesure it's wast comparet to my tightest waist denims that are wearable. using a measuring tape. if the momotaro pair is an inch bigger in the waist or 0.5 inch bigger i may risk it. if it's exactly the same im taking them back

Great advise from BrownMetallic

went and got them changed for size 33 which actually fit much more comfortable and still snug in the waist.

the guys at rivet and hide store in London 

Gave me great customer service and did not rush me at all, unlike some shops,will be going back for more denim In future.

below is my 0405-v model and a shot of the leather patch that looks great

EE44BDA4-7B1F-430D-94A5-7273711784FE.jpeg

99D56BB0-1AFA-4CC3-9BE1-EA61E99EA2F3.jpeg

Edited by SF2Turbo

Yes, Momotaro’s Vintage denim shrinks, even after a years of wear and many washes. When my 0202 Deep Indigo get too tight, I wear them while they are still damp and they stretch to a comfortable fit.

R&H is certainly my favourite denim store in London. Good selection and a great team.

Edited by Bullitt

• 3 weeks later...

@chambo2008 That was me, furloughed  during the NYC lockdown . . . 4mos mostly indoors in my Evisu & then rendered my legs to the contest TCBSWW2 from September:):biggrin:

Been back working since November.  I hope we don’t go back to lockdown again:mellow:

Edited by BrownMetallic

@chambo2008 Stateside,  the wave is still on the upturn.  Unlike last March, where there were only a handful of hotspots . . . before January ends,  seems it’ll be cresting nationwide.

I work at the airport.  The new terminal opened right in the midst of the 1st lockdown.  I walked inside the new lobby for the 1st time on my 1st day at work &  [this] cold, glaring virus-like monstrosity hangs at the center of the lobby, as if mockingly . . . a constant reminder why life sucks atm :mad::laugh2: 44A93C11-1958-4BE7-BD10-6F611E339024.thumb.jpeg.0ac41a76141636e07207198008c321d5.jpeg

However, I’m fairly optimistic 2021 will be a much better year for most of us still breathing ... normally.

edit: apologies for the slight derailment :blush:

Edited by BrownMetallic

https://www.denimio.com/momotaro-jeans-ms033-5oz-selvage-chambray-workshirtsred.html

hi just seen this

MS033 5OZ SELVEDGE CHAMBRAY momotaro red

need help sizing 

i wear medium in all my uk shirts, including regular line levis,lee,all saints gap. in regular or slim fit. wondering if i should go 38 or 40. also on a side note uk large is always big on me, any help would be appreciated Thanks.

@SF2Turbo I’ve got it red, green and indigo, love ‘em. They’re short in body and sleeves and quite boxy. I have them all in a size 46 but the red does feel marginally smaller (the green feels the largest), I haven’t measured them so I’m just going on how they fit me. It’s strange that Denimio doesn’t have the measurements up as they’re pretty good. They’ve always got back to me when I’ve asked about certain products. Maybe check the sizing on the shirt in the other colours?

1 hour ago, Toegun said:

@SF2Turbo I’ve got it red, green and indigo, love ‘em. They’re short in body and sleeves and quite boxy. I have them all in a size 46 but the red does feel marginally smaller (the green feels the largest), I haven’t measured them so I’m just going on how they fit me. It’s strange that Denimio doesn’t have the measurements up as they’re pretty good. They’ve always got back to me when I’ve asked about certain products. Maybe check the sizing on the shirt in the other colours?

if u wear uk size shirt what size are u if you don't mind me asking thanks. also on a side note boxy fit is all good as i enjoy lifting weights. i have slim fit and regular fit Lee shirts and when im on a bulk  the boxy fit looks nicer and when i diet the slim looks a bit nicer. im a true medium uk size.

41 minutes ago, Toegun said:

@@SF2Turbo I’m an XL(still), so 46 is good for me. Give Denimio a shout, hopefully they’ll update their size charts.  

thanks they confused me with their shipping system. but i have figured out sizing so thanks once again for helping 

On 1/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, Toegun said:

C1B49231-5C55-47FA-ABEF-1D64A1DA3991.thumb.jpeg.7b973386b11414936d723c45d30c5d0d.jpeg

@SF2Turbo I forgot to press the submit button a couple days so this would have been up sooner but here’s the shirt in its natural environment 

thanks for the fit pic. that fits u really nice. i will def order one, when i do ill post some fit pics. thanks once again, also forgot are the pink ones zimababwe cotton as i have seen a grey one on denimio which states it does use zimbabwe cotton but the red and blue version does not mention anything about cotton origin. it would be a bonus if it did use zimbabawe cotton but that wont stop me from buying this shirt. Thanks

I’ve always liked those Momo chambray shirts - the shorter length, weight, basic style, etc - but somehow haven’t bought one. I’m on a (proper) strict no buy this year but if I have a chambray requirement , these may provide the solution.

@chambo2008 ‘Was checking that out yesterday.  Their  broken twill denim is something I’d like to experience.  Had it on a pair of Wrangler long long time ago.

Curious to know how the denim behaves, so I can decide which cut to choose.8A685D3F-8D9A-4D8A-9D32-BB8D261DDD91.thumb.jpeg.80f0a21a1caee878f8340143abee0eed.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic

2 hours ago, BrownMetallic said:

@chambo2008 ‘Was checking that out yesterday.  Their  broken twill denim is something I’d like to experience.  Had it on a pair of Wrangler long long time ago.

Curious to know how the denim behaves, so I can decide which cut to choose.

It's one washed already so I think it should be easy to chose, and I think price point is good all things considered 

The Details, Fit, and the Fabric look really nice. Considering that I don't own any Momo and the jeans won't release until August, I might just get these in the Slim Straight fit. Just need to offload a few pairs before they get here :)

9 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

It's one washed already so I think it should be easy to chose, and I think price point is good all things considered 

I was thinking in terms of “give” & how the fabric drapes on a classic straight cut.

But, if I go on the narrow tapered route, I’d mosdef size up one to a W36.  I’m guessing ur scoping this cut?!

8 hours ago, Lazerr said:

The Details, Fit, and the Fabric look really nice. Considering that I don't own any Momo and the jeans won't release until August, I might just get these in the Slim Straight fit. Just need to offload a few pairs before they get here :)

More herd thinning ;) ... seem a good momo starter, IMO

8 hours ago, Geeman said:

Wrangler broken twill..... thats a blast from the past!

Oh yeah, that definitely dates me:smile: 

12 hours ago, JDelage said:

I was interested in the straight jeans but they have super low rises.

The slims, both tapered & straight are basically midrise.  However, the classic straight cut, I agree ... the leg to rise ratio are kinda in the realm of SD-101.

Edited by BrownMetallic

5 hours ago, BrownMetallic said:

I was thinking in terms of “give” & how the fabric drapes on a classic straight cut.

But, if I go on the narrow tapered route, I’d mosdef size up one to a W36.  I’m guessing ur scoping this cut?!

Ah you know me too well, narrow tapered for sure it just suits my body type, I'm guessing max 1 inch in the waist and not much give anywhere else I'm eying a pair in 32. Not going for the jacket as I have the 'frost' okayama demin type 2 already