Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

On 7/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, Broark said:

We sold those at the store that I used to manage, they’re Momotaro’s proprietary Zimbabwe cotton denim. The collaboration jeans that N&F used to make were always interesting since they’d use the other brands hardware / denim just in N&F fits.

From what I understand is the 1st run has different denim than these http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/momotaro-x-naked-famous-collbaboration.html?m=1

4 hours ago, cmboland said:

From what I understand is the 1st run has different denim than these http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/momotaro-x-naked-famous-collbaboration.html?m=1

Looks to be the case, man it's been a long time since I've seen that old BOW blog. That takes me back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 2:05 AM, chambo2008 said:

Damn, don't want or need any more denim, but saw the momotaro and denimio collab and was trying to buy but my size sold out.. Ah well cool concept with the green weft, patch, stripes and the inner lining was looking pretty sick.. 

corlection's version is quite similar

https://corlection.com/collections/momotaro/products/momotaro-0405-grsp-13-5oz-mild-slub-denims-high-tapered-fit

https://corlection.com/collections/momotaro/products/momotaro-0306-grsp-13-5oz-mild-slub-denims-super-slim-tapered-fit

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

@chambo2008 I ordered a size 40, hoping I sized right. Was hoping to just be able to wear a long sleeve tee underneath. Also hoping the wool blanket lining isn’t itchy, as it’s in the sleeves as well. 

Hey man, I went for a size 38, I compared to my current momotaro type 2 which is a tagged 40

When I saw the details I knew I had to get it. Ticks all the box's. 

23 minutes ago, chambo2008 said:

Hey man, I went for a size 38, I compared to my current momotaro type 2 which is a tagged 40

When I saw the details I knew I had to get it. Ticks all the box's. 

I actually have a type 2 from Momo also in 40, the one with the cobalt weft from a couple years ago. My best fitting jacket. Measurements were pretty close to the 40 on this new one. I probably could have gone with the 42 for extra room, but my god, the sleeve length on the 42 was ridiculous and the body length was quite long at 28. 

How thick do you reckon the lining is? I think if it’s pretty standard “heavy” flannel I should be okay, like warehouse, momo etc. if it’s FH or IH heavy, I might be in trouble. 

Yeah I got a momotaro type 2 colbat blue tagged 40 but always felt like it ran a size large, compared to my standard type 2 it does, hence why I triple checked the measurements and I'm pretty satisfied, we will see when It comes 

I think it shouldn't be a problem and that they would have taken into account when making the pattern for the jacket, funny enough I have been eying the regular momotaro version of the storm ryder jacket for a while, but this is so much better so many nice features, just ticks all the box's really 

42 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

I actually have a type 2 from Momo also in 40, the one with the cobalt weft from a couple years ago. My best fitting jacket. Measurements were pretty close to the 40 on this new one. I probably could have gone with the 42 for extra room, but my god, the sleeve length on the 42 was ridiculous and the body length was quite long at 28. 

How thick do you reckon the lining is? I think if it’s pretty standard “heavy” flannel I should be okay, like warehouse, momo etc. if it’s FH or IH heavy, I might be in trouble. 

^ Not bad at all. I got shipping notification as well this morning. As I’m in the US, I shouldn’t be getting a customs charge on it. Which is a good thing, because I got boned pretty hard from customs via DHL twice this summer on two watches I ordered. 

I have a pair of natural tapered on the way as well. Ordered the 605-70, which is a 13.5oz slubby denim. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the middle of a move to a new apartment so I found in the closet my first ever raw denim bought in 2013 from Nordic denim house. These are 0201 which I regretfully butchered by tapering them from the outseam so I really don't like to wear them anymore. Live and learn. Would now love the original 0201 fit with no alterations..

fvsHItT.jpg

S1FjNGH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looked hard For swap thread anyone have link please let me know.

I have a pair of Momotaro G004mb  one wash. only worn 3 days with minimal to no fading. purchased from son of stag.

size 30 waist and hemmed to leg 32 length. I can email photos to those interested. I purchased the wrong size and stupidly wore them thinking they might stretch out but no

it only stretch 0.5 inch at most The 30 waist size is very similar too levis 501 30 waist. 100 percent zimbabwe cotton. Im happy to take £100 ono.

Thank you.

also just purchased my brand new 0405-V 15.7 oz which i will post pics of when im free

On a side note anyone have any idea how much the waist stretch for 15.7 0z sanforized fabric

model I have got it 0405-v not soaked the denim yet

when I tried it in store I could button up the denim well but it was very snug. I usually get around 1 inch stretch for all my denim but scared about this pair as momotaro are famous for not stretching.

@SF2Turbo From experience,  “Vintage” denim, tho sanforized, has residual shrinkage even after multiple washes.  If they’re spot [new],  they’ll be tight down the line . . . so, u need to size up 1.

On the other hand,  the “Copper” ones get most of the shrinkage upfront, on 1st couple of washes.

Edited by BrownMetallic