Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Yes, I’ve seen the pics. Thanks for your reply. They Look just perfect on you. But those have no sashiko stripes (?)

I have looked in the internet and found how the stripes fade. I guess these are a different model because of no blue leather patch

3200AFED-7F78-411B-85E1-16651B3F3E82.jpeg

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

The 18oz GTB fabric definitely takes a while to break in, and don’t expect stretch. The fades are a bit slower than usual, but the really big difference is that this fabric stays stiffer a lot long than most denims.

I think my old pair eventually hit about 8-10 months of wear (spread over two fall/winters), yet still stayed stiff enough that they had virtually no drape for weeks after a wash. Would add photos for the fading, but I sold that pair a couple years back since it was getting tight and the fabric was not forgiving.

My recollection was that the 18oz felt and faded a lot like the 20oz GTB denim that I have now. Those old jeans were nice enough that I felt the need to replace them, just in a larger size this time.

Pictures of the 20oz denim fades after 6-8 months of wear are still on page 121 of this thread, or here.

4 hours ago, FeloniousMonk said:

My recollection was that the 18oz felt and faded a lot like the 20oz GTB denim that I have now. Those old jeans were nice enough that I felt the need to replace them, just in a larger size this time.

Pictures of the 20oz denim fades after 6-8 months of wear are still on page 121 of this thread, or here.

I remeber that pair, really nice! 

Getting warmer and I don’t think I’m going to wear these 18oz in the summer so I’m thinking of getting something lighter and saw some Japan Blue  JB0404 Jeans Slim Tapered 12,5 oz. 

Also the JB0601 Jeans High Tapered 14,8 oz. model looks good to me. 

I’m so new to this that I would need some opinions, thank you.

I cannot find the Japan Blue thread but as JB is related to Momotaro ....

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

Your in the right thread mate.Rivet and hide have the lighter weight momo's online with accurate size charts take a look there first. Japan Blue also has the new circle line with medium weight denim in similar fits. 

• 2 weeks later...

The waist would ld be fine, but the thigh is very tight normaly at the least for me would be 11inches. 

I think i tried a tagged 30 before and could not pull the leg up to even try and button the waistband. 

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. 

Cultizm is offering 25% off atm so I just picked up the 0306-82 in the 16oz slub or "textured" denim (their current sale seems like a fairly decent deal on Momotaro right now). Pretty excited that they have the Going-to-battle stripes too.

Also, what's the difference between the tight tapered and high tapered fits? Looking at the measurements at Blue Owl the difference between the two cuts seems almost negligible.

Hi guys ... if somebody is interesting, I have advert in Classifieds thread for very nice Momotaro 0201 in size 32/36 for superdenim price ...

Hi curious George there’s more room in the thighs and a higher rise  with the 405 cut I’m not normally a higher rise person But the 405 for me is a really good fit I couldn’t recommend it enough I’m 5,11 and 13.5 stone 

43 minutes ago, chambo2008 said:

Difference is the weight in the denim. 

https://momotaro-jeans.com/?___store=momotaro_en

More info on this site if you have time to look. 

Thanks for the info! At first I was thinking the difference is the arc. BP models have the battle stripes and MB have the half-arc. 

Also some other information 

The number by Momotaro indicates the fit as shown below.

0306 – slim fit – tapered leg – low rise

0405 – regular fit – tapered leg – high rise ( more tapered in leg as 0605)

0605 – regular fit – tapered leg – high rise ( slightly tapered)

The number behind this shown the model. This can be just a regular number as product code or something similar to the fabric they use.

SA – for Sashiko stripes on the back pocket

12SP – 12oz fabric with stripes on the back pocket

20SP – 20oz fabric with stripes on the back pocket

SP is always stripes on back pocket

Information given by cultizm 

On 6/3/2020 at 3:20 AM, chambo2008 said:

Also some other information 

The number by Momotaro indicates the fit as shown below.

0306 – slim fit – tapered leg – low rise

0405 – regular fit – tapered leg – high rise ( more tapered in leg as 0605)

0605 – regular fit – tapered leg – high rise ( slightly tapered)

The number behind this shown the model. This can be just a regular number as product code or something similar to the fabric they use.

SA – for Sashiko stripes on the back pocket

12SP – 12oz fabric with stripes on the back pocket

20SP – 20oz fabric with stripes on the back pocket

SP is always stripes on back pocket

Information given by cultizm 

I got the answer from Momotaro: SP stand for Stripes Paint; BP stand for Big Paint

Edited by laismemoir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up an unusual pair last week. Released in 2011, the Naked and Famous x Momotaro 2 in weird guy. These have a whopping 38” inseam so they’ll require tailoring before wear. Lighter weight at 14 oz. not sure anything about the denim origins. Fits nice just needs a hem. 

0BDA8992-E9E3-4C9C-B109-421FE65EB173.jpeg

6D8A85D6-C7C8-4D17-99E5-B18A368800EA.jpeg

ADBB3780-187C-47E9-9C2E-23ED4675E409.jpeg

CEB1D5C3-023A-4A8A-994A-B997C0E4A0E6.jpeg

4DD1A672-38EE-4228-B5A8-346F3AF1C9A8.jpeg

B54A0C10-AB7C-4C43-8057-07141DD751DC.jpeg

350B8A75-6DA9-40A5-ACCF-96888462A16E.jpeg

We sold those at the store that I used to manage, they’re Momotaro’s proprietary Zimbabwe cotton denim. The collaboration jeans that N&F used to make were always interesting since they’d use the other brands hardware / denim just in N&F fits.