Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

sweet, got a email from blue owl free international shipping for orders over $300, these cost $295 :( lol wonder if i can just send five more dollars to round it up otherwise its $30 bucks to ship

been told no shrinkage so i'm pretty confident on which size i should get, and regarding customs they can mark it down :)

I asked them to mark it down, which they did the total was $50 dollars so I had to pay 9 pounds and 11.25 for parcel force handling fee so 20.25.. not bad had worse before 

Tagged 31

Waist 30

Front rise 10.5

Thigh 11

Knee 7.5

Hem 6.2

These are obviously the tight tapered fit, they do a slightly straight fit with less taper, all the details make these really cool 

IMG_20180612_160341.jpg

IMG_20180612_160311.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just realised I never posted my absolute favourite pair of jeans here!

These are my JB 0401, around 8 months of wear and 5 washes in total. I outgrew them, so I gave them back to the shop where I bought them (Blue Caviar in Aarhus, Denmark), and the owner took some pictures before hanging them on the wall there.

Best fabric I ever saw.

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

IMG_8681.jpg

IMG_8683.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@YossarianRaw Love how your pair of JB are evolving into vintage style fades. I thought all Japanese denim had high contrast fades but these look very Levi's from the yesteryears. I think people here should be allowed to sell there genuinely faded jeans back to the brands so those who prefer pre-washed/pre-faded jeans can buy them. And the denim industry would stop producing 'faded' denim in their factories.

14 hours ago, Geeman said:

That's a name I haven't seen for a while. Welcome back dude

Thanks mate,

Have been busy lately, losing track of a lot of internet activity. But yesterday I was like, should go look at SuFu. 

Nice to see this thread is still alive and kicking and that JB/Momo still gets love.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, mlyngard said:

Babydials, my apologies, I wrote all that garbage and missed your main question  - If you want to try on a pair, I you can always purchase the pair you're interested in and return them if the fit isn't to your liking. BiG and Blue Owl both accept returns for unused new-condition merch.

Pro-tip - don't size down on Momos. Expect to have a true to size fit at the waist after the first soak. Another pro-tip - Momos, maybe more than any other denim, will fit awkwardly at first wear or two, especially around the hips and seat. So don't let first impressions spoil what becomes a great fit after a week of wear.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Buying my first pair of Momotaros but I've got two questions; hopefully you guys can help me.

1. How much more shrinkage can I squeeze out the waist and length from a "one-wash" pair?
  2. How much do they stretch in the waist for the 15.7oz house denim?

Thanks guys!

Edited by benjamin831