Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Hmm, it looks like the B0205SP may actually be a plausible fit. It's funny: I'm so used to seeing slim–straight and slim–tapered jeans labeled as "true straight" or "regular straight" that I've stopped paying much attention to anything labeled as "slim", but this looks like a "slim straight" jean that's actually properly slim–straight. I guess I've got some thinking (self-convincing?) to do…

edit: Shoot, just realized it's got battle stripes. New criterion: what black-on-black models do they make with large(ish) thighs and inconspicuous pockets?

Edited by julian-wolf

24 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

I think I know exactly the ones you're talking about.

That's funny, 'cause while I'm sure that I saw pictures of them some time in just the last couple of days, I can't for the life of me remember where…

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

edit: Shoot, just realized it's got battle stripes. New criterion: what black-on-black models do they make with large(ish) thighs and inconspicuous pockets?

You don't like the battle stripes?

0405 B is a black Momotaro without battle stripes https://www.meadowweb.com/art/momotaro-jeans-0605-v-natural-tapered-15-7oz-1.php

Edited by i_denim
added hyperlink

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else is excited about this, but Blue Owl Workshop has THREE new Momotaro offerings, once of which is their collab BOM012 using the Grand Indigo greencast dye. I've seen it and it's as sexy as it looks. The others are a 16oz slubby and a 12oz summer denim.

After years of enjoying the 15.7oz and Copper Label denims, I'm excited to get my hands on these. If only my bank account would join in my enthusiasm...

IMG_1448_1024x1024.jpg?v=1521654091

18_2_21_Momo_16ozTT_1_grande.jpg?v=15199

18_2_21_Momo_12ozTT_1_grande.jpg?v=15199

Found these thrifting in Tokyo for only $50! Not sure what model. Stretching out the waistband.

Seems like Japanese don’t even like their own stuff. Crappy old Levi’s and Lee’s going for $100+, used Barbour coats for like $400. All foreign stuff way overpriced and Japanese brands pretty cheap. 

My Japanese friend doesn’t like Hinoya. He says they’re all “fakes”. Lol. I think he bought a pair of Alden’s for like $800. 

F370B9CE-CEBB-4CC3-88A7-D6B0E53C5E1E.jpeg

20 hours ago, brainmonster said:

Found these thrifting in Tokyo for only $50! Not sure what model. Stretching out the waistband.

Seems like Japanese don’t even like their own stuff. Crappy old Levi’s and Lee’s going for $100+, used Barbour coats for like $400. All foreign stuff way overpriced and Japanese brands pretty cheap. 

My Japanese friend doesn’t like Hinoya. He says they’re all “fakes”. Lol. I think he bought a pair of Alden’s for like $800. 

A pic of the patch and inner tag would prob help the identification. T

On 5/4/2018 at 8:02 AM, brainmonster said:

Where exactly did you cop this pair mate? i would like to try my luck hunting cheap quality denim when i'm going to Japan.

They look like they’re coming on nicely BM. I just washed my 0901s after a couple of months wear and they are fading faster than I thought. They’re still drying but I’ll get some photos before I put them away for the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

right if anyone could help, i'm pretty sure momotaro jeans are next on the list, just deciding between types, they all have the battle stripes which is what i'm after.

0306sp from blue owl £225

or

bomo12 from blue owl £225 special collaboration the extra details look cool

or

0105sp from Okayama Denim £163

the 0306sp and the 0105sp look basically the same so not sure why the price difference, i can understand the extra charge for the collaboration as different denim, so if you had to choose what would it be? also any idea's with custom charges from both company's as have no experience with either.

thanks in advance 

Blue Owl are based in USA while Okayama are based in Japan, hence the price difference.

Okayama automatically mark the value down to completely avoid custom charges. I have never ordered from Blue Owl, but I assume that they are like all the other western retailers with good reputations and will not do that. No harm in asking them though.

I personally would go for the BOM012 as that grand indigo dye looks great and very rarely for a momo, it has unsanforized fabric! You can see the character of the denim is completely different to anything else they currently offer. The reason I have not plumped for it, apart from the fact I don't need more jeans, is that when you add shipping, customs charges (inc. potential duty charge), and courier admin fee for customs, it just becomes way too much.

Edited by Niro

good points thanks a lot, i got a pair from ebay new that what i can gather ( lost info and tags ink wore off) are a black/ indigo sized up to a 33 = everything was huge got them altered and now fit good will post pictures in a minute, 

didn't relasie the BOMO12 was unsanforized :/

i wear a 30 in skull 5010, 28 in eternal 811 pbj 014 size 30 sda103 size 30 but tried on some 0705sp in a 30 and couldn't get them on just don't want to make a expensive mistake 

i would buy the BOMO in a 32 or the 0105sp in a 31 

IMG_20180531_002500-1512x2016.jpg

IMG_20180531_002446-1512x2016.jpg

IMG_20180531_002405-1512x2016.jpg

IMG_20180531_002436-1512x2016.jpg

Edited by chambo2008
Add photos

23 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

right if anyone could help, i'm pretty sure momotaro jeans are next on the list, just deciding between types, they all have the battle stripes which is what i'm after.

0306sp from blue owl £225

or

bomo12 from blue owl £225 special collaboration the extra details look cool

or

0105sp from Okayama Denim £163

the 0306sp and the 0105sp look basically the same so not sure why the price difference, i can understand the extra charge for the collaboration as different denim, so if you had to choose what would it be? also any idea's with custom charges from both company's as have no experience with either.

thanks in advance 

I've ordered twice from Blue Owl international shipping free above $100, which both purchases were. Regarding customs, I don't think you need to ask. I never did. You can just trust in the process. I'm being discreet here hahahaha but, yeah, never any issues.