Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

They are amazing!

im rocking my 14.oz GL-007-MZ today

but the picture was taken under artificial light-they're coming up,to 14 months and fading well, but slowly(except the knees)

The second photo is them at 11 months!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Slow faders-here they are after 14 months-but at least no holes!

hope to get another couple of years out of these..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On April 20, 2017 at 2:19 AM, Mojique said:

Oh I so love those jeans

why don't they come in size 22"!!

awesome Momotaros!

Looking forward to my 2 pairs of 22.5oz, if you want to be pedantic theyre not Made by Japan a Blue, but the denim comes from Collect -the Japan Blue Group mill and is indentical-same for the 2 pairs of 10oz double indigo denim!

cant decide which to have cut first..still only on day 8 next of the 14oz...

Those Collect Mill 22oz in 22!  Post a pic when available!  Those will be fun to break in, but def worth it.

Sadly my Momotaros are now so loose after 15 months of wear, they're really unwearable, I can only wear them if I put on some weight, or if I don't have anything else that fits-luckily I've got 2 pairs of Diesels for the summer, but I'm not sure what I'll be wearing next winter..

image.jpeg

My 0306v after approx. 45 days of actual wear. And a non intentional rinse in a New York City Flash Flood last Friday..! Progress coming along nicely. Plenty of indigo left. Happy mondays!

IMG_9721.JPG

IMG_9722.JPG

IMG_9723.JPG

IMG_9724.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Some awesome fades!

mine are resting for the summer-those plus my 14oz collect bespoke double indigo will be my winter jeans..

• 2 weeks later...

First soak in Luke warm water!

75+ days wear. Medium fades and don't want to wait for it to get too sharp. Can't wait to see how it's going to turn out.

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

Edited by Mr.Su
mathematical approx. error

On 10/06/2017 at 1:09 PM, Geeman said:

I really lust over momotaro just can't find the cut that works for me.

Noticed you like the sda 107 cut too. The sda 107 and 103 are my favourite cuts in slim and straight jeans. The momo 705 cut is my favourite in between (as a slim/straight).

But it's tighter in the crotch area than sda jeans. Tried it already?

Shame you can't find a fit that would work for you. 

At first I wasn't impressed with my copper label pair (apart from the fantastic detailing and the shade of indigo), but after it's first machine wash, the denim lost its crispness and softened up nicely, and i've grown to like the fit. I've started wearing them again.

Wearing my Momotaros again although too big-now my oldest jeans(bought March 2016, I think they'll hit the 2 year mark, 3 years depends on how well the a Diesel,Black Gold jeans fit and also how long I'm in summer jeans for...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i am interested in momotaro DE002 later, i am 170cm and weighs 69kg, in the size one wash table: i can expect the waist to be stretched from 32.7 to 33.3, and the thigh can stretch from 12.4 to 12,6 no, if it is, it is perfectly suited to me, i say momotaro does not stretch much, please help me ^^

IMG_3506.PNG

IMG_3507.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 3:19 PM, M1stral said:

Some nice looking pairs here. I should take some pics of my 0701's.

Damn, been away for far to long.

Mistral!! I'm glad to see you here. Yeah, I've been away for a long time too. I see you still can't stay away from the Momotaro. I'm planning to get some 0306v for my next cold weather pair.

Edited by mlyngard

On 4/15/2017 at 1:59 PM, BrownMetallic said:

As promised: G014-MB in CopperLabel denim.  What's really the incentive on this particular model is that, the silhouette is quite similar to my EW-0110 ... w/c fit I seem to favor ATM.

Fitpix to follow when I get back from vacay.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I'm way late on this, Brown, but you're gonna love the vintage Copper label denim. It's totally unlike the standard 15.7oz Momo denim. It takes a lot longer to fade, it's lighter, stretchier and it's definitely more fragile (but you prob already figured all this out).

With extended wear it gets a damp,greasy feeling, unlike the "leathery" feeling of the 15.7. Anyway, the way you work on jeans though, I bet you'll get good results. Mine started to shred in the 3rd year of wear.. and I didn't get pictures.  Glad to see a veteran denimhead getting these on.

This is one of the most amazing documentaries on denim manufacture I've seen. Features Momotaro's production process from yarn to finished product. It's hypnotizing to watch too.