Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

On 20/03/2017 at 0:38 PM, 034936 said:

Anyone with experience in the 15.7 ounce or 18 ounce denim care to comment on how much waist stretching they've experienced? The word I'm getting from Blue Owl is to expect less than 1 inch in waist stretching from momos Zimbabwean cotton denim.

Is it unreasonable to expect either of the 15.7 or 18 ounce denims to stretch 1 full size in the waist? 

anybody?

^^ My experience with the 18 oz sanforized Momotaro fabric was that it's very dense, and tough to stretch. You might get a full size of stretch, but you'll be working for it. If you get a pair that fits you well from the start (accounting for the initial stiffness), it will stay a good fit rather than getting too loose.

My first pair of Momos was the 18 oz natural tapered in size 30 (down from my typical 31 in most brands) and I sized them to be a bit tight when fully buttoned, assuming they would stretch to comfortable. After 3-4 months, they never really stretched enough to be an easy fit for all-day wear, and they've been sitting in a drawer for the past year or two. My new pair in size 31 seems to be spot on.

I don't need a stretcher!

my Momotaros are a year old, lots of wear, fading but no holes, but I lost a load of weight last year and they've gone from being "tight straight " to just baggy:-(

now I have a load of clothes that don't fit but can't afford a new wardrobe all in one go, so I'm spreading it out and alternating things that fit, with wearing out things that are huge..

btw my momos are 14.7oz old blue denim

image.jpeg

Just ordered 2 pairs of Japan Blue jeans -22.5oz selvedge and 10oz double indigo selvedge

going to get a custom button for the heavyweight pair(both pairs are custom), so probably won't get them for ages, but have a pair of Japan Blue 14oz double indigo being made, and an unfinished pair from 2015 in the same denim that I hope can be finished off!

Edited by Mojique

On 3/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, TheIntelligentHoodwinker said:

What with Brexit and PBJgate, I decided to tighten my belt on my next purchase and am giving the Japan Blue JB0206 a go.

£96 including delivery. From the size charts the 31 waist looks looks very similar to the Full Count 1109 so looking forward to giving them a go.

Well, I got stung for another £20 tax so not quite the bargain I had in mind. They're also pretty snug. Didnt really factor in the lower rise and how tight they'd be on the hips. :unsure:

Still pretty decent for the money. Denim reminds me of 3Sixteen a little.

@Libra Never had any experiences with momo stretch, but I guess yes ! If you really have trouble and would like to speed up the process, you could dip the waist in the water and wear it on until it dry or even stretch it with your hands while it's wet. I did it on a Imperial a few years ago and it worked wonder ! But don't be too brutal or the stitching will break.

11 minutes ago, Collin said:

@Libra Never had any experiences with momo stretch, but I guess yes ! If you really have trouble and would like to speed up the process, you could dip the waist in the water and wear it on until it dry or even stretch it with your hands while it's wet. I did it on a Imperial a few years ago and it worked wonder ! But don't be too brutal or the stitching will break.

Collin, thank you.I bought W34, waist they sat well, but the hips and the knee I would like narrower.

17 hours ago, Libra said:

Tell me, please, is it possible to stretch the belt on, Momotaro 0901 W33 to W34?

I just bought a pair of 0306v tight taper W36, and they come at 37" on the waist. 

It was tight (but not unbearable) until the 4th or 5th wear. It now fits my waistline perfectly.

From what i just measured, i am at 38.5". So I would say my momotaros have stretched a good inch from 37" to 38". So yes for me they did stretch!

Off topic, Today's my 15th day of wear, and We can see fades happening already!

IMG_9464.JPG

IMG_9465.JPG

Edited by Mr.Su
Grammatical errors and clarifications

On 27 March 2017 at 8:48 PM, Geeman said:

What do you mean custom made.....?

Custom made by Momotaro / Japan blue?

No, the denim is from Collect Mill, who supply Japan Blue and are part of the Japan Blue group

The jeans are cut from an exact toile from my body by a Savile Row tailor-I could never get those denims in my size otherwise!

1 hour ago, Mojique said:

No, the denim is from Collect Mill, who supply Japan Blue and are part of the Japan Blue group

The jeans are cut from an exact toile from my body by a Savile Row tailor-I could never get those denims in my size otherwise!

That's fair enough, a great way of getting your fit sorted. Have you looked at Ben Viapana  @viapiana he has some great looking stuff and loads of options 

13 hours ago, Geeman said:

That's fair enough, a great way of getting your fit sorted. Have you looked at Ben Viapana  @viapiana he has some great looking stuff and loads of options 

No I haven't, but thanks for the tip off, I'll look, although I've got quite a few pairs sorted to do still, plus I need more shirts, leathers,,boots etc, so I can't buy everything..sadly!

On 3/23/2017 at 10:42 PM, 034936 said:

anybody?

Little late to the party but for me, my 15.7 stretched a little over an inch. I did size them so i could button them up comfortably ( sized tts I'm a true 36 waist and got a size 36 which is a 37 waist ). After a week of wear, it stretch out fully

New Japan Blue Group 14oz double denim bespoke jeans with gunmetal hardware due today!

if they arrive they'll be in WAYWT tomorrow!

spent too much this month-expecting 6 parcels, plus If the boyfriend is feeling generous a present from him, but I won't hold my breath!

13 hours ago, Mr.Su said:

the next question is... does it shrink an inch back after cold wash air dry?

Lucky for you the day i soaked my jeans.... i got them soaked with diesel at work! now.... I did cold soak ( another one ) then threw them in the wash ( cold wash ) and although i did not measure them i did not feel the waist shrink back down to normal size, Although i did feel tightness in the thighs and the calfs.

On 27 March 2017 at 8:48 PM, Geeman said:

What do you mean custom made.....?

Custom made by Momotaro / Japan blue?

On 28 March 2017 at 9:17 AM, Foxy2 said:

based on what was said in other threads previously I believe we are talking about copying patterns in different denim...

On 28 March 2017 at 8:24 PM, Geeman said:

That's the impression I was getting. Not Japan Blue or 3sixteen at all?

Nothing wrong with made to order if done well with quality materials though.

Thanks Foxy and Geeman!

if you were a raw denim lover skinny girl with a true waist of 22", and you could have custom jeans that fitted in the same denim used for Momotaros, why is that so awful?

Also bespoke made by the Savile Row tailor who used to dress the Beatles in the 60's-same owner,and tailor, can't be that dreadful!

my GL007-MZ sz 24 are so big now I couldn't in one leg(No, I'm NOT dieting, I live on pizza, pasta, chocolate, ice cream +++ , I'm just very ill,,maybe terminally and am losing weight)

Ruedi will back me up -we've been good friends since 2010 online and I've contributed a few things to the Jeansmuseum so please leave me alone

no more mention of illness please-unles PM-I'm here to talk about denim, not hospital 

Edited by Mojique

On 3/17/2017 at 5:09 PM, BrownMetallic said:

'Had the pleasure of experiencing Copper [type2 jacket], Vintage [701] & Deep Indigo w/c has dyed weft [202SP].

'Loved how the Vintage faded... but, the ataris  on the type2 is starting to look really interesting, as well.  

So, I snagged a G014-MB to see how [that] translates on a pair of jeans ... Will post try to post texture comparison when I get the chance.

As promised: G014-MB in CopperLabel denim.  What's really the incentive on this particular model is that, the silhouette is quite similar to my EW-0110 ... w/c fit I seem to favor ATM.

Fitpix to follow when I get back from vacay.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1487.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

9 hours ago, Mojique said:

Thanks Foxy and Geeman!

if you were a raw denim lover skinny girl with a true waist of 22", and you could have custom jeans that fitted in the same denim used for Momotaros, why is that so awful?

Also bespoke made by the Savile Row tailor who used to dress the Beatles in the 60's-same owner,and tailor, can't be that dreadful!

my GL007-MZ sz 24 are so big now I couldn't in one leg(No, I'm NOT dieting, I live on pizza, pasta, chocolate, ice cream +++ , I'm just very ill,,maybe terminally and am losing weight)

Ruedi will back me up -we've been good friends since 2010 online and I've contributed a few things to the Jeansmuseum so please leave me alone

no more mention of illness please-unles PM-I'm here to talk about denim, not hospital 

@Mojique Not sure why you have posted this??

Firstly,  you have had this conversation with me in another thread, where I stated tailor made was a good choice for getting the fit you wanted. I even recommended you check out viapana for which you thanked me. 

Secondly,  I was only asking as  you referred to having custom made JB/Momotaro which had me intrested, turns out they are neither hence the confusion. I'll state for the third time, nothing wrong with tailor made. (Although passing them off for a brand they are not isn't exactly straight talking..)

Thirdly, I have at no point mentioned your illness, despite you yourself alluding to it in other posts. None of my business and not a topic for discussion in a denim forum. You do however have my sympathy and best wishes for your situation.

Fourth, please do not infer I was in some way bullying you or am some kind of Internet  troll.

Edited by Geeman

9 hours ago, Geeman said:

@Mojique Not sure why you have posted this??

Firstly,  you have had this conversation with me in another thread, where I stated tailor made was a good choice for getting the fit you wanted. I even recommended you check out viapana for which you thanked me. 

Secondly,  I was only asking as  you referred to having custom made JB/Momotaro which had me intrested, turns out they are neither hence the confusion. I'll state for the third time, nothing wrong with tailor made. (Although passing them off for a brand they are not isn't exactly straight talking..)

Thirdly, I have at no point mentioned your illness, despite you yourself alluding to it in other posts. None of my business and not a topic for discussion in a denim forum. You do however have my sympathy and best wishes for your situation.

Fourth, please do not infer I was in some way bullying you or am some kind of Internet  troll.

Geeman

im so sorry 

i was Not referring to you as I troll, I swear, I just thought you were criticising my jeans-what's the difference in the tailor with 50 years experience who made the Beatles outfits making bespoke jeans using genuine Japan Blue Group (Collect Mill)?

theyre not inferior to my Momotaros which are currently too big, really upset after 13 months of working on them...

please accept my my sincere apology for the misunderstanding both ways and stay friends-that why I joined SUFU after all..

M

11 hours ago, BrownMetallic said:

As promised: G014-MB in CopperLabel denim.  What's really the incentive on this particular model is that, the silhouette is quite similar to my EW-0110 ... w/c fit I seem to favor ATM.

Fitpix to follow when I get back from vacay.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1487.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Brown metallic

Those jeans are awesome!

might change into my own Momotaros later as my 3sixteebs have shrunk and are making me feel sick..

14 hours ago, BrilloBeats said:

Momotaro X Blue Owl 20oz (21.4 after soak)... Month 1

...one initial soak.image.thumb.jpg.f4846bebf5c19053f5296403a299cf86.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.61fcb6a6839ede7d536c88462b50a8d0.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.0f2c67a09d7f77ac66f8518a06f5c8d6.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c2bafab6c6b21005561cfa1229876c6c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.d3111943cde05871c6d9473b24bd1547.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.49a96626778bff23205409eb4ea8f307.jpg

Oh I so love those jeans

why don't they come in size 22"!!

awesome Momotaros!

Looking forward to my 2 pairs of 22.5oz, if you want to be pedantic theyre not Made by Japan a Blue, but the denim comes from Collect -the Japan Blue Group mill and is indentical-same for the 2 pairs of 10oz double indigo denim!

cant decide which to have cut first..still only on day 8 next of the 14oz...