Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Can anyone help me out with sizing for the JB0601 Hi-Tapered cut?

How much does these stretch?

I can easily button up 29s, they'd be fine if they wont' stretch. They'll look too big, if they stretch out.

The leg of the 28s are perfect, the top block is very snug, but I can button them up with some effort. In this state they are pretty uncomfortable.

Denimio has started stocking Soulive, which is part of the Japan Blue group.

From this website:

“SOULIVE established in 2014 is a fashion brand specialized in indigo products. We pursue new value of indigo to extend to various styles. We combine classic and modern techniques and create high quality indigo products.

Here is there official website.

In this article over at Denimhunters the brand is also discussed.

What do you guys think? I hope the stuff is as well made as Momotaro and Japan Blue. The MA-1 and Bandana shirt look pretty amazing... Hope Denimio is going to have sizing charts and more info online soon!

Edited by Frost

I just got these Japan Blue x Blue Owl Workshop 16.5oz Deep Blue Unsanforized Monster Denim - JBO-410 during the Blue Owl sale this past weekend.  These have a deep dark blue warp with black weft.  The denim has great surface texture and feel.  This is my 2nd pair of Japan Blue jeans and feel they make a great jean for the $180 to $220 price range.  The details on this pair look great.  I'm anxious to see how this unsanforized denim reacts to the initial soak.  My one minor complaint would be the smallish size of the back leather patch. 

Pre-soak measurements

Tag Size = 36

Waist = 37.9

Front Rise = 11.0

Back Rise = 14.4

Thigh = 13.0

Hem = 7.75

Inseam = 37.25

Update on my Japan Blue x Blue Owl Workshop 16.5oz Deep Blue Unsanforized Monster Denim - JBO-410

I've worn these in rotation with a few other pairs of jeans for the past 8 months.  The look of these continue to get better and better.

Japan%20Blue%202_zpscuyjzxvj.jpg

Japan%20Blue%201_zpslarjmtfx.jpg

Japan%20Blue%203_zpstt7mhsph.jpg

Japan%20Blue%204_zpsay1kkoef.jpg

Japan%20Blue%205_zpsuvprvncm.jpg

I just got a pair of One Wash 0705's that i gotta still hem/taper to fit me better. I got considerable amount of room in the waist but would like to see a little more room in the thighs, should I get a 0205 instead or will the stretch in thighs be sort of significant? Does anyone have both 0705 / 0205 models and would help me out w/ a comparison in the fits around the top block? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with the Japan Blue Double black, JB0716BK? Mine just arrived but they're a little big in the waist and a little bigger than I want in the leg opening. Denimio lists both a one wash and a non-wash version, but I'm pretty sure they aren't unsanforized.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone had soaked there's and had any shrinkage. 

ooo nice one thanks guys =)

These will be my first Momotaro jeans, so am pretty excited to get hold of them

Also has anyone got any fade pics on their blue weft, 0305-14?

Edited by Niro

Hate to be that guy asking for sizing advice, but just looking to confirm my fears; 

I'm eyeing a pair of 0201's, probably size 31.  I'm looking for a similar cut to my SDA-103's (size 33), but with a *bit* more taper.  Comparing both the Raw and One Wash measurements from BIG (for both the 103's, and 0201's), the measurements seem to line up in my favor.  201's have the same front rise and thigh's, but smaller knee (-.25") and hem (-.25") then their SDA counterpart.  Unfortunately, the waist also seems to be 1/2" smaller.

Just measured the waist of my SDA's, and they've stretched to 32" (from their one wash measurement of 31").  The 201's one wash waist measurement show 30.5.  I've been reading a few conflicting reports that a) Momotaro's are difficult to stretch and B) the waist will stretch out where it needs to. 

I've never had an issue getting the waist where it needs to be, assuming the rise/thighs/knee measurements are all good.  Any opinions?

Edited by Reggie Died

My experience with 0201s is that they don't stretch much more after they've been stretched to fit post-soak.. that is, they don't become loose after that and therefore need a wash to tighten back up.  They're the most consistently well-fitting jeans I have, so as long as you can live with the one-wash measurements you should be fine.  They'll give a little at the waist if needed.. I find the seat keeps its shape well; most other brands I own end up quite baggy there after a day's wear.

It's a really nice slim cut, not overly tight through thighs and knee like my PBJs, not flappy at the hem like my Sugarcane 47s or Flat Head 3005s.  My only criticism would be that the denim tends to wear through more quickly at the crotch than on any other brand I've worn in recent years, but that could be due to infrequent washing on that particular pair.  I remember the denim staying crisp far longer than is usual for me.  I have another pair lined up, so I might see if they benefit from more washing/soaking.

Took some photos of the Japan Blue JB0601 Indigo Man Hi-Tapered Selvedge Jeans, size 32 for info.

Waist is snug (still only a few wears, but upper thigh is really generous, it will be perfect if it's 1-1.5 inch smaller.

2WcKHAtl.jpg
SsaLaJ2l.jpg
EhDA3L2l.jpg
Vj4bCPjl.jpg
EnybvQ6l.jpg

My recent pickups from JB/Momo:

- Double Black JB0716BK (Much better after 2 hot soaks and a hem)

- Olive Drab workshirt

I wear my indigo worksheet really often but wanted something a little different - I love the color of this new one, slightly more brown than I was expecting but definitely a nice change. Included pictures of my Indigo, around 1.5 years but I'm not sure how much actual wear. The fading is a little too subtle to photograph well, but it's definitely lost a lot of color all over. 

czmraI6.jpg?1

bezxWga.jpg?1h8SIZN8.jpg?1

My recent pickups from JB/Momo:

- Double Black JB0716BK (Much better after 2 hot soaks and a hem)

- Olive Drab workshirt

I wear my indigo worksheet really often but wanted something a little different - I love the color of this new one, slightly more brown than I was expecting but definitely a nice change. Included pictures of my Indigo, around 1.5 years but I'm not sure how much actual wear. The fading is a little too subtle to photograph well, but it's definitely lost a lot of color all over. 

How did you size on the workshirt?

What's your height/weight?

My experience with 0201s is that they don't stretch much more after they've been stretched to fit post-soak.. that is, they don't become loose after that and therefore need a wash to tighten back up.  They're the most consistently well-fitting jeans I have, so as long as you can live with the one-wash measurements you should be fine.  They'll give a little at the waist if needed.. I find the seat keeps its shape well; most other brands I own end up quite baggy there after a day's wear.

It's a really nice slim cut, not overly tight through thighs and knee like my PBJs, not flappy at the hem like my Sugarcane 47s or Flat Head 3005s.  My only criticism would be that the denim tends to wear through more quickly at the crotch than on any other brand I've worn in recent years, but that could be due to infrequent washing on that particular pair.  I remember the denim staying crisp far longer than is usual for me.  I have another pair lined up, so I might see if they benefit from more washing/soaking.

Thanks for the feedback Mondo.  I ended up snagging two pairs of Momo's recently; 202 in 33 (BO's sale!) and 701 in 34.  

The 202's are a perfect fit right out of the bag.  They are sanforized, and I've read that they only have residual shrinkage and should stretch back.  I need to get them hemmed, so debating on soaking them now or just hemming long and cuffing (last time I did that I was lazy and didn't clean out the cuffs enough; hate those cut marks on the seam).

The 701's are comfortably snug in the thigh (would be fine as is, but I think losing some size in a soak wouldn't be the end of the world), but the waist is huge.  Is a hot soak likely to bring them down to BiG's OW size of 33.75?  I think the lower rise (the back rise in particular) is what's throwing me off.

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless plug, I am selling my newly arrived silk screened Momotaro G007Mb jeans. They have only been tried on once. Literally new still with tags.

I am really annoyed with myself, for getting the sizing so wrong. I even wrote larger size on my notepad, so not sure what happened when I went to order. Anyway what's done is done.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/160068-fs-momotaro-g007-mb-size-30/