Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Can anyone help me with the specs on the 0201 & 0901 vintage label?

The spec sheet on denimio lists the inseam as 94 cm/37" AFTER one wash. Is this correct? 

0201: http://www.denimio.com/momotaro-jeans-0201-vintage-label-157oz-classic-slim-straight.html

0901: http://www.denimio.com/momotaro-jeans-0901-vintage-label-157oz-classic-straight.html?___SID=U

The specs on the Momotaro site list them as a bit shorter and I can't tell if their specs are pre or post wash. 

0201:http://www.momotarojeans.com/item/129.html

0901:http://www.momotarojeans.com/item/134.html

I am 6'3" and would like the option to double cuff if possible, so long inseams are a must! Anyone have info on these?

• 3 weeks later...

No love for momos for the past two weeks? Come on.

Type: ER-007-2B

Worn for: 2 years, probably 8-9 months of effective wear

Washes: Four, first one around 5 months

A bit scared after seeing the crotch threads falling apart after only a couple days in, they were reinforced a bit and have held very well well until now. There aren't any signs of denim weakness anywhere.

Though the combs aren't very impressive, the water ripple effect of blue on blue is something I like.

Those are very true to actual colors.

15432817275_13472d7c10_z.jpg

15432826555_867783af90.jpg15409761636_b0f3737edb.jpg

15246107560_b7f3d7d11e_z.jpg15409762146_8c8a1f56bc_z.jpg

15429633961_0bcbbac8cf_z.jpg15429634611_d2e4d51a7a_z.jpg

Cheers!

These look awesome!

Momotaro 0305-18

0305-18-1.jpg

And my personal favorite:

MOMOTARO 0308-18B

0305-18B-1.jpg

I wonder when and where they drop and for how much?

I think the 305-18 would just be a new cut of the existing 18oz denim, so ~300. If the indigo/black below follows the rest of their pricing it should be about the same.

I think the 305-18 would just be a new cut of the existing 18oz denim, so ~300. If the indigo/black below follows the rest of their pricing it should be about the same.

Sweet thanks! What's the 18oz denim like as far as wearability and stretch? I'm not particularly familiar with Momotaro but judging by a lot of their fits, they suit tall and slim people (such as myself).

PS I'm at work so haven't had a chance to comb this thread... Will do that tonight.

Sweet thanks! What's the 18oz denim like as far as wearability and stretch? I'm not particularly familiar with Momotaro but judging by a lot of their fits, they suit tall and slim people (such as myself).

PS I'm at work so haven't had a chance to comb this thread... Will do that tonight.

I have no idea about the 18oz, there's probably someone here who could tell you, though.

Looking into the copper label due to it's high rise, roomy thigh, and somewhat small leg opening. Is the G004 slimmer than the G014?

The measurements for the G014 and G004 (size 29) on blueowl say the thighs are 11.25 inches for both models while denimio and okayamadenim it measures to be around 11.9 for G014 and 11.5 for G004 (okayamadenim). Pretty big difference.

Been wearing these MomotaroXThe Denim Store 18oz the past month, really love them. Not much evo yet just after 30 days and i will try to get some fit pics soon too.

Some great details on them that they don't have on the regular 0305-50, the denim is a bit different on them too, mostly a bit darker.

VVkPKlk.jpg?1

SWERZTn.jpg?1

MWXFtel.jpg

PqlrfWT.jpg?1

Edited by Slowitchu

Hey guys just wanted to get someone's opinion between the momo0702 and the japan blue x blue owl deep blue monster collab.

Currently im favouring the blue owl collab because they almost look like PBJxx007s from the pics that i see; plus they're unsanfornized and on the heavier side of the spectrum...kinda

On the other hand 0702 with the pink inseam, lovely selvedge, and zimbabwe cotton

would like to read some insight, thanks guys

Squintzz I don't have any experience with the Momos, but I have the Deep Blue Monsters and love them! Nice medium weight denim that will get that awesome electric blue as they fade/break in.

-Edwin

Been about a month since the last update, and I've worn it most days since. Also using a much better camera.  BOM007 2 months, no washes

dvzfjGal.jpg

U9xKT6ql.jpg

lbfELKXl.jpg

XG2TjPBl.jpg

sWsr8jwl.jpg

NQKk50Pl.jpg

And a bit of a fit pic with my Flat Head winter heavy flannel and my PBJ 12s. 

MhzHT8jl.jpg

Edited by B-Sandy

Squintzz I don't have any experience with the Momos, but I have the Deep Blue Monsters and love them! Nice medium weight denim that will get that awesome electric blue as they fade/break in.

-Edwin

Forgot to ask, how are the front pockets? Is the opening and depth of the pockets ok? I ask this because i made a past purchase where the front pockets seem to be designed to only fit the hand of a child

Squintzz same problem with the Deep Blue Monsters. Depth is good, but the opening is extremely snug and never really stretches out. Luckily I don't use my front pockets too much except for my phone so i've learned to deal with it.

-Edwin

Hi guys,

I'm currently wearing a Waist 27 Nudies "Tube Tom" jeans. this pair fits me skin tight. Been recently looking into Momotaro Jeans as I'd like to try out Japanese Denim. As far as I've seen, most Momotaro jeans only come in sizes 28 and above, would that be able to fit me? Also, which are the Momotaro jean models that are on the skinnier tapered side, I don't have a choice coz my legs are too darn skinny, even some of the slim fit models of other brands look too baggy on me.. Thanks a million!! :D