Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Thanks Max! My addictions are guitar and traditional Japanese tattoos/art. Meeting Horiyoshi III last year was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced.

Hey Ecsong, nice pick up.

How are you finding them?

I was all set on snagging a pair of the blue owl x momotaro bom008 until those came along. Now I'm stuck - I kinda prefer the idea of having momotaro as opposed to japan blue (I will be the first to admit this is based on absolutely NO experience) but I prefer some of the details on the japan blue and I definitely would rather unsanforized. I already have a pair of 3sixteen ST120 shadow selvedge which are great, and they fill the sanforised gap in my wardrobe perfectly.

Need some help to break this deadlock!

Ps - with Max on the books, good decisions have been made there.

Edit as I have ST not SL.

Edited by Artisandenim

• 2 weeks later...

Momotaro 0705sp

These are my "comfortable" jeans since they are looser than I was expecting.  These are size 33w and hemmed to 30.5" (yes, I'm that short that I can still double cuff a 30L jeans).  Not used to the larger hem on these (8.25") but I guess I should have expected a bigger than normal leg opening after chopping 4" off the length.

a_fit_momotaro_fit-00_zpsc4cc5ff8.jpg

I started to wear my 0401 and gosh how I hate the first couple of days.

Could anyone give me a rough idea how much they'll stretch and how long it takes?

I can button them up with a some effort but they haven't stretched out even after some 8 hours of walking/sitting around..

Edited by fromthisplaceinhell

Don't have any experience myself, but from what I've heard momos aren't know for their stretching so unless their Japan Blue line uses much more stretchable fabric you may have some trouble.

Edited by B-Sandy

^Japan Blue uses the same fabric for their mainline releases, just different hardware and branding.

From my experience with Japan Blue fabric (0101 model), you'll get maybe 0.5" of stretch in the waist in the first week, a bit more further on. In general it's a very stubborn fabric, which I definitely think works for their slimmer cuts, since it holds creases well and prevents stretching in the seat and knees. At the same time, the lack of give in the waist will be a pain initially, especially for people sizing down. 

Edited by chicote

Alright then, I probably just have to find out myself. ;)

You could try to soak them or partially soak the trouble area and wear while dampm Cotton is easier to manipulate when wet.

But I think it is better to size up instead. First wash will be inevitable and they will shrink back after you stretched them, making it constant battle in the long run.

Don't get me wrong but Japan Blue and Momotaro are two different brands (or aren't they ?)

But otherwise Denimio's prices are indeed unbeatable, plus they offer a great service ;)

Yes they are separate brands. But the mother company is also called Japan Blue. That's why the thread name is Japan Blue Momotaro.

But discussing Japan Blue (brand) in this topic is also good, since it is related. Some of the first JB models featured Momotaro details. Afterwards they tried to position JB as a stand-alone brand in the market. But bot brands share a lot in common and on the other hand differ a lot.

Well the two brands have so much in common that it is kinda useless to have two threads. They are somewhat intertwined with eachother. So much that is causes some confusion at times.

But I think it will become even more confusing if there are two separate threads.

Though I find that the releases JB does nowadays, without the Momotaro detailing/branding, makes it more obvious on the fact that JB isn't just offspring, but a completely separate brand.