Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Serious post regarding Momotaro:

I want to give my highest praise to this company for stepping up and replacing a pair of 0702's that I had inadvertently ripped the back pockets on. I had the jeans for about a month and surprisingly the pockets began to split adjacent to where the rivets are located on both pockets. This was from my wallet and cell phone putting too much pressure on the fabric. Anyone who knows this denim knows that it does not stretch much, and this coupled with my tendency to size down led to the problem. To be honest I did not expect much sympathy but figured I would send Momotaro an email questioning why the back pockets were so small with some photos attached. Katsu, the European sales rep for Momotaro responded and said they would replace the jeans free of charge, which was a great surprise. I sized up one and the replacement pair came a few days ago. Could not be happier! I let Katsu know that I would surely be a repeat customer and would give his employer some love on here. In short, Momotaro makes rad jeans AND they are a stand up company. 

A few other things to mention:

-0702 denim will not stretch much at all, or it will take forever to loosen up. Don't size down! 

-Size 29 and below have very small pockets in comparison to size 30+ . They do this for aesthetic purposes it seems. If you want to buy online and are a 28 or 29, consider checking out the pockets beforehand someplace. 

-I doubt Momo will replace your jeans for a few split stitches, but if something major goes wrong it would be worth your time to contact them.

Edited by BigSugar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I just got 0705 GTB and a 0701 (they will send it by mail as it is being "personalised")

My questions:

Are the GTB harder to fade as they are "one wash" jeans? And if they are "one wash" jeans, isn't it pointless the "never wash" concept?

They told me in the store in Tokyo that the 0701 were also "one wash" but the "making" was the old way...

So Momotaro jeans are not raw?? 0701 are NOT raw??8

I'm kind of new to this and only have raw Dior (2.5 years- 1 soak- 1 wash) and some PRPS but distressed ones...

Thank you.

Is it because you do not care about "serious" fades-whiskers-combs etc or because it doesn't make a difference?

It's because Max can't fade jeans worth shit.

(That's a joke.  Max wins contests like it's his job...)

Seriously, Payasote, it doesn't make much difference in the appearance, and regular washing will prolong the life of your jeans.

Edited by HoustonChris

Just got Momotoro Jacket and thanks for the guy from "Okayamadenim" they so nice and take care me as VIP :)  no doubt would go back again for big order...keep real & raw "Okayamadenim team"

The 0705 gtb one is 6x6 and the 0701 is less whatever that means but it should mean less dense denim thats why he said 0701 was made the old way. My japanese is very basic so this all could be wrong.

In any case, the wash vs never wash debate is not the same in APC as in momotaros. Is that what you guys meant?

In Diors makes a difference.

Thank you.

Edited by Payasote

Why not go for the 701 if you want a tight fit?

701 wouldnt fit my quads, i needed the extra space

I seriously hope you washed those allready. They are on the brink of what I call a good fit and if these even shrink a hair opposed to how they fit now, you will be in trouble.

Great evo though, must say.

These have been hot soaked and washed in hot water 3 times now. They fit how i want them now but I am growing faster than expected right now so im gonna have to taper off the leg days and squats for the time being until i can afford a bigger pair 

Next stop 0901!

Why not go for the 701 if you want a tight fit?

If you have a large thigh to waist ratio, then sometimes jeans will fit differently to the norm on most people. I have this issue too and similarly to karaminal (although not quite as tight) my 0901s probably look comparable to how 0201s look on many others. The other option is to size up but then the waist just becomes too big and I've had enough of that in the past!

random pics of my JP0206 from Japan Blue. this brand is pretty underrated, quality is awesome regarding the low price. I would definitely advise these for someone new to raw denim.

1 year, i'd say 7 month of actual wear. 2/3 soaks, 3/4 machine wash and 2 handwash.

sorry if pics come out crappy took them with my phone.

imagejpg1_zps6a94be0e.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsd3fcbc2a.jpg

imagejpg6_zps720ba581.jpg

imagejpg3_zps28dc7c33.jpg

imagejpg2_zps126f29b0.jpgimagejpg4_zps0a928b81.jpg

• 4 weeks later...