Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Approx .twice a week for 3.5 months?

Mine looked like that after about 3 weeks of wear, im now nearing 5 months and its held up fine, its strange how it sheds indigo almost instantly from the crotch 

hey everyone, in the market for new some denim. i know this thread seems to be mostly focused on mainline momo, but I'm looking specifically at some JP0701s. Any comments on these?

What exactly were you curious about though? Specific questions?

hey everyone, in the market for new some denim. i know this thread seems to be mostly focused on mainline momo, but I'm looking specifically at some JP0701s. Any comments on these?

I have them. The fabric is not particularly; no nice fades. Apart from that they are fine. 

I recently got a pair of japan blue monster selvedge 16.5 oz. loving them but its getting a bit hot for em. Anyone else get these? Ill probably die wearing em in summer lol

image_zpse1aaf9b8.jpg

nah, I'm sitting in a pair of 23oz right now, you can do it!

nah, I'm sitting in a pair of 23oz right now, you can do it!

Holy shit man! Haha well i live in korea and it gets humid as fuck out in asia! Not sure where you are from. Nonetheless when i was visiting thailand recently it was 38 c with like90 percent humidity and people were rockin leather and samurai jeans hahaaha.

Am I the only one who wishes the unsanforized Monster fabric came in the JB tapered fit?  Still a nice pick up.

Holy shit man! Haha well i live in korea and it gets humid as fuck out in asia! Not sure where you are from. Nonetheless when i was visiting thailand recently it was 38 c with like90 percent humidity and people were rockin leather and samurai jeans hahaaha.

Haha I've heard stories of people out there... but I'm lucky as to live in a place with relatively tame summers. I feel like there must be a health risk in wearing 20oz+ in that kind of weather.

You're the first I've seen posting with that new fabric, good luck to you with it!

I'm confused. So i was told the Context X Momotaro was "partially sanforized". So do i pre soak them or not?

I was told this regarding the 0201 as well. You will get shrinkage (plenty in my case), so soaking makes sense. More so, considering that it will enhance the lifespan of the fabric and threads. 

I was told this regarding the 0201 as well. You will get shrinkage (plenty in my case), so soaking makes sense. More so, considering that it will enhance the lifespan of the fabric and threads. 

Thanks. Do you you think it would be ok to go on them TTS, soak them and wear them damp to stretch them out? because i found a pair online TTS for below retail, and i'm really tempted to pick them up.

Might depend on the fit. I bought my 0201 snug back then and wish I would have sized up. But if TTS means, that the waist and thighs are not too tight before the soak, you should be fine. The 15,7 oz denim at least is not that easy to stretch in my experience.

Might depend on the fit. I bought my 0201 snug back then and wish I would have sized up. But if TTS means, that the waist and thighs are not too tight before the soak, you should be fine. The 15,7 oz denim at least is not that easy to stretch in my experience.

Alright thanks for the help. I'll probably grab them and take the chance. I'll post fit pics when i get them.

I've been trying to determine what kind of paint to use on my 0201s to make some DIY battle stripes that will wear and fade the same way that the original momotaro paint does. 

Not sure if it is an acrylic fabric paint or what, any suggestions? 

I've been trying to determine what kind of paint to use on my 0201s to make some DIY battle stripes that will wear and fade the same way that the original momotaro paint does. 

Not sure if it is an acrylic fabric paint or what, any suggestions? 

They screen print them. Most screen printing use ink made specific for screen printing, I'd assume that is what they do.