Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Could anyone tell me if the context collab has the pink stitching? I can't quite tell from the pics and its hard to get responses from those guys.

Which of the two collabs?

The last one does not feature pink inseam.

20k94p4.jpg

Edited by M1stral

Could anyone tell me if the context collab has the pink stitching? I can't quite tell from the pics and its hard to get responses from those guys.

Hi, if you're looking for a nonsanforized that fits like a left field greaser, try the Momotaro 0201 slim straight. They're my two favorite styles to wear.

Hi, if you're looking for a nonsanforized that fits like a left field greaser, try the Momotaro 0201 slim straight. They're my two favorite styles to wear.

He said he didn't want pink inseam and he didn't say anything about LF...

He said he didn't want pink inseam and he didn't say anything about LF...

Yup...he mentioned on the LF forum he was interested in non Sanforized that fit similar to a LF greaser...sorry, missed the pink inseam comment. Just my 2 cents.

I've actually considered that cut. It does seem perfect for me. I really like momotaro's price point and quality but can't get around the pink stitching. I'm trying to go 17oz at least for my next pair as well. But thanks for the suggestion, I may end up getting a pair down the line.

'been constantly pm'ed regarding why i have been sizing up when partially/fully sanforized denim does not shrink much, if at all ;)  .... so here's the ultimate/ comprehensive fit pix__ from right after initial double soak to current status [ie, 3yrs+ down the line = multiple washes] 

701 SU1 @W34
momoFITsum.jpg

701xVibe2.jpg
Edited by BrownMetallic

Bought this Momotaro 8oz. Selvedge Jail Pocket Shirt in size 46 from Okayama Denim.  I normally wear XL size shirts in most American brands and wear XXL or XXXL Iron Heart Shirts.  The fit of this size 46 is perfect.  Slim but not overly tight with a good vertical length.  I'm 6'3" so I often have issues with shirt back lengths from Japanese denim brands.

photo14_zps463e57b3.jpg

photo24_zps39372e1a.jpg

photo34_zpsff96a930.jpg

If someone is interested in a pair of black denim.

Selling a like new pair of the new JB0716 Japan Blue 14oz all black size 29 in the supermarket and via eBay.

Bought the wrong size...damn these fit small.

Should have read more about the fit on here :)

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/155576-fs-japan-blue-denim-jb0716-14oz-black-x-black-size-29-momotaro/

I have a barely used size 36 BOM-003 for trade, looking for another indigo/black, preferably 3sixteen st/sl 120x in size 34.  The BOMs have been soaked and hemmed to 34 inches.  Probably less than one day's wear total on them.  Still have tags.  Love the BOMs, just can't seem to make the low rise work.

https://www.blueowl.us/product/momotaro-x-blue-owl-deep-indigo-skinny-straight-157oz-raw-selvedge-model-bom003/

Edited by justinkelly

I cant seem to post photos here via my ipad :( do i need to download an ap? Wanna post pics of my japan blues :)

There's a thread stickied in superdenim that explains the process. Also, these types of questions go in the small questions thread :)

Shot some pictures of my 0701. Since the 2nd wash (after about 1 year of active wear) i've been washing them regularly about every 3 weeks. The cotton stitching is not holding up great, here and there are some loose threads.

The crotch has been reenforced by Mr. Handy Denim Repair in Groningen.

Momotaro 0701 @ 1 3/4 year of active wear

DSC00689_zps26e414ea.jpg

DSC00688_zps12d4c28e.jpg

The Vintage range really throws up some beautiful worn-in denim.

While I've never actually seen or owned vintage label Momos, I am of the opinion that it has to be one of the most underrated fabrics around. I hardly ever see anyone bring it up, and it's a truly beautiful thing when faded in, it seems.