Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I have the momo work shirt without the GTB stripes,  I'm usually between a 38 and 39 chest so went for a 40 as MIJ brands always seem to run smaller than euro/USA brands and it fits perfectly. Okayama denims measurements for Momotaro shirts are spot on

Thank you! I'll probably run off of the assumption that GTB doesn't differ as far as fit goes. Anyone know if there's any difference other than the stripes?

I have the red one with the stripes in a 46.  I tried the purple one without the stripes in a 46 as well and the fit was smaller.  So at least for the red color the one with the stripes has a bigger fit (longer length, a little more room in the chest).

This is the worst thing about Momotaros- the pockets are damn near unusable.  I have a pair of 0905SP, which is a loose fit, and average sized hands, and it's a struggle to get anything into or out of the pockets.

I've recently started wearing my 0901s a little (thanks Chris) though I need to get them hemmed. I hadn't really given it much thought until I read it here but can absolutely confirm what is posted above, however, to clarify, it's not the actual front pockets, it's the pocket openings that are small. My jeans are a loose fit and my hands are average size (or slightly larger) and I struggle to get them in the pockets. If you have shovel hands, there's absolutely no chance!

Yeah, it's just the way the openings are cut; way too tiny.  Once you get your hand in there, the pocket bag itself is a reasonable size.  Despite how much of a hassle it is to get my car keys in and out of my pockets, I'll still eventually buy another pair of Momotaros.

On a side note, the new SExIH 633S collab has pocket openings that are even worse...

Type: 0805SP

Worn for: 2 years, probably 8-9 months of effective wear

Washes: Two, first one around 6 months

I like the evolution of the denim that's still looking quite strong and giving good contrast. It's still pretty hard to get combs but they slowly appear.

As noticed by Max_P, the threads are rather on the weak side. I'll soon have to restitch the back pockets as you can tell by looking at the first pic.

12883153265_dd7c2f8754.jpg

12883208293_6a30984897.jpg12883211503_3027af5d2e.jpg

12883536404_8efc59f61c_z.jpg

12883250113_00db645c3f.jpg12883227433_36ff7ec6ca.jpg

It's like a denim Holy Shroud of Turin!

It looks like a space invader.

Hehe, you found it Jammy. I wanted to blend two of my passions here. So this my invaderz geeky pair. 

The space invader was made of "denim pixels" cut into another pair. Then I kept it in the pocket for 6-7 months.

12918662343_b2c2a85fdb_n.jpg12918972004_e883010c20_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^I've been trying to find measurements for the "natural tapered". Any ideas? I guess blue owl will have it up sometime soon.

Yeah, I would imagine so. It probably won't be that long of a wait, they said end of week, right?