Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone interested in doing a swap for some Eternal 811's, sz 32 for Momo 0201's or similar?

Guys how accurate are the measurements on blueowl for the JB line? I know Jay is usually spot on but the m'ments look like they are vanity sized? Thinking the 200SP wit the GTB stripes or the 404. my actual waist is 32, usually go 31 and let em stretch to fit.

Geeman, I bought a pair of 0401 from blackblue. They fit blue owl's chart except for the waist which is 1/2" under that chart. Surely that is just variation.

Fyi I got a fair amount of shrinkage from the 14.8 -- 2" in the waist and 1.5" in the inseam. The rest of the cut maintained well. LO lost a touch, just enough to rope up a bit. No idea about stretch back yet.

Edited by jyoni

Hey guys. Just received the pair of 0702 this morning and i went tts however still feel a bit loose. What do you guys recommend? Should i give it a hot soak initially so it will be shrink? Much appreciated for your input. Cheers! :)

photo-1_zps926ab35a.jpg

image_zps0927decc.jpeg

i think the fit i good the length is too short i suppose

Jyoni, thanks. Want to cop em now they on the final production run 

I didn't know that.  Glad I copped.  Various pre-purchase research on the webs asserted that they were not a good deal for the money.  Bullshit.  14.8 oz standard issue shuttle loomed roped dyed goods for under 200 bucks...not a good deal?  lul okay man whatever you say.

There are other size charts out there.  I'm sorry, I don't have them bookmarked or anything.  I doubt our keywords would differ much and you will find info that varies greatly -- 38+ inseams, no shrinkage on a one-wash, and so on.  With what you're telling me this may relate to different production runs.

****also, re. shrinkage I gently dry the piss out of any and all of my jeans on the highest machine heat

Edited by jyoni

^Those are nice

I stopped in at BlackBlue today for some bs'ing and there was a new shipment of Japan Blue.  I would say it's the new production run, because the hang tags are slightly different.  I measured the waist in my size quickly and they are two inches smaller than my pair that jives with blue owl's chart.  I didn't run through the whole block but the cuff and thigh are slightly smaller too.

Could be a sanforizing thing...mine did shrink a surprising amount.  Perhaps this new lot is better-shrunk and will shrink less (?).

• 2 weeks later...

Nice family picture Bokkepoot!

I'm thinking about washing my 1705s pretty soon.  

They've only got about four months effective wear but I'm noticing some signs of a possible crotch blowout.

Any1 got experience of the triple needle workshirt (MS033)? With the exchange rate in favour of the pound makes sense to order from And Japan but there's about a size difference in the measurements between And Japan and Blueowl? Don't want the additional cost of a size exchange to and from Japan. 

http://www.and-japan.com/TOPS-c-326/Momotaro-Jeans-TRIPLENEEDLE-WORKSHIRT--MS033-(INDI-p-9641.html

Vs

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7800004

Any1 got experience of the triple needle workshirt (MS033)? With the exchange rate in favour of the pound makes sense to order from And Japan but there's about a size difference in the measurements between And Japan and Blueowl? Don't want the additional cost of a size exchange to and from Japan. 

http://www.and-japan.com/TOPS-c-326/Momotaro-Jeans-TRIPLENEEDLE-WORKSHIRT--MS033-(INDI-p-9641.html

Vs

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7800004

I do not have experience with the tripled need workshirt but i was looking at getting it. An awesome looking shirt and great quality. You can always email Jay from blueowl ([email protected]) if you have any questions. He usually replies pretty quick. 

I've been wearing my 0901s around the house (these things definitely need a hem) and I'm really happy with the cut, the details and the beautiful denim. It certainly roughs up a bit (from its raw state) with a wash, providing that slightly abrasive feel that you just can't help touching. I've just introduced my Warehouse Warrens to my winter rotation (Oct-May) and these will definitely be next up, leapfrogging my SDA-001s on the waiting list!

Need pictures Maynard!

Righty ho, Rightyow, but not until it cools down a bit. There's a heat wave here in the UK at present so it's strictly shorts for me or lightweight wool suit trousers when I'm in the office. When it cools down a bit I'll be wearing LVC 1915 or some loose Edwins. They'll need a good hem as the inseam is currently about 37" from a raw 39", so it's worth taking that into account. They really are top-notch though, denim, detail and (seemingly) construction-wise.

I like looser cuts and they are by no means baggy but a bit roomier and higher-rise than my Flat Head F350 in the same size (32), so you may wish to consider the 0901 as well as the 0201.

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of a relaxed/regular straight rather than a slim straight other wise I would go with a RJB 105 or something similar. I know it says reglar straight on the product description but those measurements look closer to a med rise slim straight (tight top block, medium rise. The thigh on a tagged 31 is 11.8 and estimated to shrink to 11 for reference) 

Edited by Rightyow77

The measurements for 0901 on both Okayamadenim and And-Japan are pretty accurate for one-wash, although I found the thighs on mine a little smaller than stated, but they've stretched back to this size with a little wear.

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/momotaro-jeans/products/momotaro-vintage-label-0901-regular-straight

http://www.and-japan.com/Momotaro-Jeans-b-255/Momotaro-Jeans--vintage-label---0901-15.7oz-Classi-p-9707.html

Is the paint smudging off due to cell phone or just regular use?

The paint is coming off due to my wallet being in the pocket. First time leaving something in the right pocket of momo and learned not to do it again haha.