Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

They don't look bad. A triple hot soak should be all you need.

Thx mate for your input. So all i need is to hot soak it 3 times isnt it? Is it ok to soak sanfor jeans?

Does anyone have a best way to do hot soak? I soaked my first jeans 3 years ago and never done that ever since. Cheers

Edited by renatho89

Thx mate for your input. So all i need is to hot soak it 3 times isnt it? Is it ok to soak sanfor jeans?

Yeah. Just run hot water into the tub and let it sit on the jeans for an hour. Drain the water and repeat 2 more times. As for sanforized jeans, I understand they don't shrink more than .5" in the waist and stretch right back to pre-soak after wearing them. Soaking sanfor jeans won't necessarily hurt them, but it won't make them appreciably shrink.

What does anyone know about the 0702AI? I saw some pictures posted of it on the Japan Blue tumblr, and it looks amazing. Anyone have any idea if it's a small batch fabric or a new addition to the permanent line?

edit: link to BiG info

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=13377&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1

Edited by altoclefchris

Ah, that sucks. Such a nice jacket though. I found Momo's threads not to be super tough, so maybe get a tailor fix it with poly thread instead of cotton. The folded fabric causes some tension, it seems.

Totally agree.

The fit looks ok, but one soak is enough. Subsequent soaks don't have that much effect (if any, especially on sanforized denim). Or you can do a gentle hot wash. But I wouldn't exchange, they don't look like sizing down is neccesary.

Thanks mate. I feel that too it doesnt look bad though. I was confused of getting this size because initially i bought size 32 and i couldnt put it on at all. Thats why i exchange with size 34 since i thought size 33 will only be a bit different. Anyway thank you guys for your input. Much appreciated

Thanks mate. I feel that too it doesnt look bad though. I was confused of getting this size because initially i bought size 32 and i couldnt put it on at all. Thats why i exchange with size 34 since i thought size 33 will only be a bit different. Anyway thank you guys for your input. Much appreciated

They run fairly small indeed...

Edited by M1stral

I've been wearing my 0901s around the house (these things definitely need a hem) and I'm really happy with the cut, the details and the beautiful denim. It certainly roughs up a bit (from its raw state) with a wash, providing that slightly abrasive feel that you just can't help touching. I've just introduced my Warehouse Warrens to my winter rotation (Oct-May) and these will definitely be next up, leapfrogging my SDA-001s on the waiting list!

Hey,

any others owners of ER-OO7-2B with early crotch issues?

Mine may have been worn something like 2-3 months and I've already had to reinforce the sticthings.

As you can notice, the yellow and pink threads are already broken. For comparison my 805SP, about 6 months, are as good as new. Apart from that they're just great.

8713819401_1a47c85fb1_n.jpg8714941770_261a08e8c7_n.jpg

^^

love the fade

@tonoak : nice fit you got there

and here some x-post 

Momotaro - 0201 since March'12
many wash and soak
DSC_0392_zpsa9886bf8.jpg
DSC_0393_zps640e9716.jpg

Hey,

for those of you who live in Paris or travel in Europe, you may find convenient to know the 'Elevation Store'. I've been there last week and was really pleased to notice they sell Japan Blue and Momotaro jeans. They've got a lot of quality clothes too like Denham shirts, Springa shoes, Unity, etc. The guys over there are cool, helpful and they know all about their products

The exact adress is: 135 rue vieille du temple in the 3rd district. If you come to Paris, have a look. The whole street is worth it btw.

It's not Berlin yet but denim enthusiasts can now find an alternative to APCs and Nudies.

What does anyone know about the 0702AI? I saw some pictures posted of it on the Japan Blue tumblr, and it looks amazing. Anyone have any idea if it's a small batch fabric or a new addition to the permanent line?

edit: link to BiG info

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=13377&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1

Those jeans look amazing! sadly big is sold out of my size and cultizm has them but theyre 550$ does anyone know anything more about them or if anyone else is selling them?

Guys how accurate are the measurements on blueowl for the JB line? I know Jay is usually spot on but the m'ments look like they are vanity sized? Thinking the 200SP wit the GTB stripes or the 404. my actual waist is 32, usually go 31 and let em stretch to fit.