Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up some 0201's online. I wear a 30 in APC NS and 32 in 47 501's. Should I grab 31 or 32? Whats the shrinkage in the waist with a hot soak? The size chart shows a 32 is actually 33.25

You can go TTS with the 0201. If you are slim even down 1 is possible.

But measure a well fitting pair, be it either your APC or LVC and compare your measurements to the sizechart, keeping shrinkage in mind.

Momotaro's are hard to stretch, so getting a pair with a thigh area that fits is of utmost importance. Else we be seeing your pair on B&S.

Edit: Shrinkage in the waist will be around 0.75 to 1 inch. Length between 2 and 2.5 inch. 0.25 to 0.5" everywhere else.

Edited by M1stral

Hey guys

I've just bought a pair of *Momotaro Jeans - 0702 - 15.7oz Deep Indigo X Black

Does anyone know that this jeans is sanforized or partial sanforized as 0701.

In blue owl it says it's partial however in blue in green it says sanforized

What about the sizing? Does it have to be down one size or true size better?

Im a bit confused about this.

Anyone keen to help?

Much appreciated

Edited by renatho89

Which model are you interested in Sugar Mountain?

I have the 0901, which are a great vintage style cut, with a mid-high rise and wide thighs. The denim is what I'd consider a super-middleweight or light-heavyweight, it's very dark and has a bit of texture - somewhere between the uneveness of Flat Head and the smoothness of SDA. In addition, the construction appears very solid and the details such as the stamped rivets, peach inseam, thread colurs, roped belt loops and back pocket and the matte (iron) buttons are all very thoughtfully considered.

All in all, they are a very solid, classic pair of jeans with some subtle surprises in the details.

That's a very persuasive write-up Maynard. I'm interested in the 0201 primarily, so not far off. I haven't tried on the cut but absolutely agree with you from having handled the jeans a couple of times; the denim is stunning and the construction and details very impressive. The pink inseam is slightly off-putting but I could grow to love it I think, haha.

Once I've given my Full Count 1101 a good run over the summer, I'll be picking up a heavier pair and have narrowed it down to a choice between Eternal 811, SDA 103 and Momotaro 0201. First world problems but your input appreciated.

That's a nice list of future possible denim purchases. Can't go wrong with either pair.

Dunno why but Momotaro never really appealed to me. Can't name my "issue" with them. Some years ago I looked more into the brand and read the whole thread and the background story about the peach boy but then I somehow lost interest.

Always take a look at MaxPower's pairs if you need some persuasion ;)

I forgot to add that Momotaro uses Zimbabwean cotton, just like Fullcount, so denim from both brands will share the same luxurious feel. I'm not sure if they use the same mill but I'd expect similarities, especially between Momo's 15.7oz vintage denim line and Fullcount's 15.5oz XX denim.

Thanks, b_F. I personally own the 0905SP and 0201 and like the fit of the 0201 a lot. In fact, I'd get this one again (in a right size) at some point. The midrise and slimmer leg make it a bit more appealing to me, looks more modern. But the denim on both is the same and beautiful in character and fading. The rest has been said before, top notch quality and detailing in all parts.

What plays a part (or played), for me is that they are very good available in Europe and have a sufficient inseam. And others might like that they do slimfits 70.. , not just repro wide cuts.

Edited by Max Power

its sanforized. soaking is not necessary.

im curious to know why after buying it, only you're asking about how to size?

anyway, its best to stay true to size .

i have the 0702 , and went tts.

702 cut was under sized, at least on the 1st batch [ie, w/c is what i have]. don't know if they corrected that on the succeeding batches.

so, if you're W32 on 701 & you went W32 on the 702, you actually sized down 1.

bottomline, 702 is an auto SU1 & eventho they're fully sanforized [vs. 701 w/c were partial] & will stretch on wear, they'll kick your ass when you start washing regularly. if you plan on not soaking, be careful with hemming cuz they will still shrink ... not as much as non-sanforized, but still ...

anyway, i SU1 on the 701 @W34 & after 3yrs i'm glad i did.

however, on the 702 i went W33, thinking i'm just compensating/factoring in [for the full sanforization]. i mean, they are quite nice & flattering slimfit right now since i haven't washed, but i'm prolly gonna feel the brunt of my miscalculation once i start washing.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Which model are you interested in Sugar Mountain?

I have the 0901, which are a great vintage style cut, with a mid-high rise and wide thighs. The denim is what I'd consider a super-middleweight or light-heavyweight, it's very dark and has a bit of texture - somewhere between the uneveness of Flat Head and the smoothness of SDA. In addition, the construction appears very solid and the details such as the stamped rivets, peach inseam, thread colurs, roped belt loops and back pocket and the matte (iron) buttons are all very thoughtfully considered.

All in all, they are a very solid, classic pair of jeans with some subtle surprises in the details.

That's a very persuasive write-up Maynard. I'm interested in the 0201 primarily, so not far off. I haven't tried on the cut but absolutely agree with you from having handled the jeans a couple of times; the denim is stunning and the construction and details very impressive. The pink inseam is slightly off-putting but I could grow to love it I think, haha.

Once I've given my Full Count 1101 a good run over the summer, I'll be picking up a heavier pair and have narrowed it down to a choice between Eternal 811, SDA 103 and Momotaro 0201. First world problems but your input appreciated.

Well, that's quite how I think about Momo's too.

@mistral - i dont know where to ask so i thought u might have an idea about momotaro 4th anniversary jeans

http://www.rampuya.co.jp/blog/aoyama/detail-940.html#pagecontents

do u have any info regarding this?

All I can tell you is that it is 1005SP cut. Fabric is slubby, different than genuine Momotaro jeans, but I guess it is the same fabric that is used on the Sage Marcher, provided by Japan Blue.

Detailing is not like what is normally featured on Momo's though, goldplated (?) buttons. Exposed coinpocket selvage, riveted patch (normally features on Copper Label) and grey accent stitching.

Thanks, b_F. I personally own the 0905SP and 0201 and like the fit of the 0201 a lot. In fact, I'd get this one again (in a right size) at some point. The midrise and slimmer leg make it a bit more appealing to me, looks more modern. But the denim on both is the same and beautiful in character and fading. The rest has been said before, top notch quality and detailing in all parts.

What plays a part (or played), for me is that they are very good available in Europe and have a sufficient inseam. And others might like that they do slimfits 70.. , not just repro wide cuts.

Now I'm even more stoked about my 0201's coming. Lets hope they fit, I went true to size.