Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I tought the 0100 and 0101 are the same. The only difference being that the one model is purely Japan Blue and the other are "collab" jeans with Momotaro, featuring Momotaro-like details.

Still the most important detail misses... The pink selvage.

thats what i thought.. but i also saw, whenever people were breaking the brand down initially, that the color is a richer blue due to the fabric used.. i guess ill know what that means when i see them..

ALSO..

sorry for basically turning this into a straight up japan blue topic.. but all of the jb experts seem to be posting here..

if i were to give my pair of 0101's a hot soak at a month or so in, how much can i expect the inseam to shrink? this shit is way too long, even for my tall ass..

also, is it even a good idea at this point? i know thats such a noob thing to ask, but im unfimiliar with this sulphur/indigo dye process.. i normally wouldnt care, but these things seem like theyll be hard to fade/fade weird anyway.. seems like when these things touch water they bring out noticable wear where everytime you bumped into something or got scratched..

would the sulphur shit chill out a bit after a soak? easier to get wear? make the indigo appear lighter? inseam shrink? good idea/bad idea/yes/no?

thanks..

holy shit.. jay at blue owl is the man, straight up.. i just got an email from him saying that my order has been hemmed and shipped already.. i put in the order late last night.. thought itd take a while, since i requested the hem and holiday and all.. blue owl really has the best customer service..

next noob question.. should i initial soak the 0100sps? i know theyre sanfornized.. im just curious the affect with the sulphur stuff.. id like to tone that shit down a bit.. i dont know if i even can.. im not a scientist.. but i know people were washing the shit out of their black unbrandeds (and even baking them?) to get the sulphur to chill.. its not noticable in smell or anything.. more concerned about overall wear of the denims..

thanks again..

I personally think presoaking sanfornized denim only hurts the fading process just like washing too early would. you'll only get a little shrink anyway. the insean won't really shrink much. just wear em hard. since we are essentially starting to wear our jbs at the same time we can compare progress in our denim. mine are 13.5 oz though so that could be real hard to fade. yours are at least 15 i think

its chain stitched and its free if you order from them..

im down to post up evo pics.. i havent seen much on the pair im in now.. just wallet and seat fading.. whiskers and combs and stacks have been set up.. but no sign of fading as of yet.. ive just been waiting til i had anything pic worthy to post up..

would the sulphur shit chill out a bit after a soak? easier to get wear? make the indigo appear lighter? inseam shrink? good idea/bad idea/yes/no?

thanks..

No, this would not make sense. The dyestyff on JB denim is a mixture of indigo and sulphur. This mixture is "applied" as a dye. Like as with all indigo dyed jeans, you could soak out the exces indigo (and starch), but this doesn't make the substance itself change.

My 0702 fit pictures after 1 day of wearing (taken a week ago), size 29 and a perfect fit. I've decided not to carry my phone in my pocket, just my wallet. Still wearing them all summer despite >110 degree weather!

fu2c0o.jpg

2hob42p.jpg

No, this would not make sense. The dyestyff on JB denim is a mixture of indigo and sulphur. This mixture is "applied" as a dye. Like as with all indigo dyed jeans, you could soak out the exces indigo (and starch), but this doesn't make the substance itself change.

lol i realized that was dumb after asking it.. ive seen some wack ass whisker fades on these.. if you could even call them that.. but also some great ones.. like that guy who posts here, the northern, had a sick worn pair of 0100sp's.. some kid on selvedgeforum is also killing it in his pair.. but he only shows pics of the back (pause)? for anyone wanting good worn pics of japan blue, id check out selvedgeforum..

some kid on sf said his pair shrunk in inseam by an inch from doing a cold wash.. i did a hot soak on my 0101's.. lost some length, not sure how much, but theyre better.. put them on while still wet and stretched out the waist a little.. still all good..

at the end of the day, gotta remember that "these are just jeans" (aka the new "wait 6 months"), or whatever the rule of thumb is now. wear as much as possible/wash whenever.. fuck it..

will probably get my gtb's in the mail tomorrow.. not sure how ill rotate.. might put them on the backburner for a while..

mddsmith, lucky.. thats a sick pair.. the color they turn after a couple months of wear is beautiful..

this kid seems to have gotten a lot of good wear out of his jp gtb's in not much time (if i understand right).. never posts pics from the front tho.. probably has some busted ass looking whiskers.. plus i like the blue they turned..

IMG_1723-1.jpg

I'm from arizona too. you didn't pick those up locally did you?

I picked them up from Tenue de Nimes when I was in Amsterdam. The owner of Industrie Denim in Scottsdale said she was trying to get some Momotaro, but at the moment it's unlikely. I think if you're in AZ the only place to get them is online, unfortunately.

nice.. im *in* new mexico, currently.. screw going lightweight for the triple digits.. if these kids in southeast asia can go mid-heavy weight raw all year long.. we really have no excuse..

i wanted some henleys bad.. could only find them in 12.5oz tho.. guess they switch up their weights and denim with each season.. not down to spend $220 on paper..

Edited by jus schilling

Yea, new mexico isn't a piece of cake temp wise. I didn't know they changed the weight of their jeans like that. yea at $220 12.5 is an investment.

@ mds not sure if this is your thing but i have a pair of 3sixteen st-100x in size 30. they are too small for me. the actual waist about 15.25. brand new with tags. just throwing that out there. got them in a trade.

@fuckcity Tempting, but I can't see them fitting (I usually wear a 28, 14.5 at most).

Also it doesn't help that I have 3 pairs on the go already. And I'm a poor high school student.

If any of that changes I'll let you know though!

good luck on the 702s. i don't think any1's got even 6mos solid wear cuz those only came out early this year.

in fact here's my 4mos old 702s with 2 weeks wear:***edit: NO_ they din't produce a lot w/ blue tabs... they're DIY ["Japan" tab from my PBJ 007].

momo702.jpg

momo702fit.jpg

momo702Lap.jpg

... and out goes the 701

momoX3whiskr2.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

Well that's the first picture I've seen of them where they weren't brand new, so thank you brownmetallic! Those whiskers are showing a lot of color for just 2 weeks of wear.

good luck on the 702s. i don't think any1's got even 6mos solid wear cuz those only came out early this year.

in fact here's my 4mos old 702s with 2 weeks wear:***edit: NO_ they din't produce a lot w/ blue tabs... they're DIY ["Japan" tab from my PBJ 007].

Even If they had runs produced with tabs, the obvious colour would be white ;)

:)

I found it a bit strange though, that the 0702 doesn't sport the white tab. Early shots from before the release feature them, but they got taken off right before it.

Kinda stupid if you ask me, since it is the closest in line to Vintage Label (albeit not shrink to fit). The ER-007 also sports a white tab and peach arcuates. But then again, only Euro label has both. Copper Label for instance, only has the peach arcuates. Doesn't come with tab.

Doesn't make sense, does it? :P

I never understood how they choose what details to put on what. Although I'm really not too distraught over the lack of a tab and arcuates, I would love to have some going in to battle stripes!

mddsmith, lucky.. thats a sick pair.. the color they turn after a couple months of wear is beautiful..

this kid seems to have gotten a lot of good wear out of his jp gtb's in not much time (if i understand right).. never posts pics from the front tho.. probably has some busted ass looking whiskers.. plus i like the blue they turned..

hahaha thats my picture right there, you got it from selvedgeforum right ? never thought i'd see my pic here lol

i got this pair since last august but actually wore them for like 8 months

i'll try to post a picture of the front soon. :)