Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

kkaum.. im coming up on a month on mine... heavy-ish wear, sleeping in them, etc.. nice whiskers and combs setting in.. wallet fade on and poppin'.. but theyre still tiiiiiight around the shins.., youre lucky you got yours hemmed, or whatever you did.. wish mine looked more like that... and dude, im tall and skinny.. like rail thin.. not trying to wash them yet, to get them hemmed.. any tips to stretch the shin area??? ive been cuffing them em up as much as possible and just stretching the cuff.. i dunno, all i know to do.. but like the pair a lot, aside from that..

kkaum.. im coming up on a month on mine... heavy-ish wear, sleeping in them, etc.. nice whiskers and combs setting in.. wallet fade on and poppin'.. but theyre still tiiiiiight around the shins.., youre lucky you got yours hemmed, or whatever you did.. wish mine looked more like that... and dude, im tall and skinny.. like rail thin.. not trying to wash them yet, to get them hemmed.. any tips to stretch the shin area??? ive been cuffing them em up as much as possible and just stretching the cuff.. i dunno, all i know to do.. but like the pair a lot, aside from that..

Man, I never try sleep on them. You must get fading real quick. I just have my pair first soak and having same problem with you. It become tighter plus the fact that I put on some weights. One good thing of wearing raw denim is that you seem to control your shape automatically or you can't wear them. My pair have little progress but will try to get some shot soon....Enjoy yours.

Man, I never try sleep on them. You must get fading real quick. I just have my pair first soak and having same problem with you. It become tighter plus the fact that I put on some weights. One good thing of wearing raw denim is that you seem to control your shape automatically or you can't wear them. My pair have little progress but will try to get some shot soon....Enjoy yours.

It can't be that much tighter than pre-soak. JB denim is sanforized, so won't shrink much. Just soak them to get the starch and excess indigo out or don't. The starch let's you set creases more easily.

I'm a few months in on a pair of 0701's (Momotaro Vintage Label), mine aren't progressing that much either. But I don't wear every day. Not really in a hurry too :) Love wearing them though. One day they will look beautiful.

yeah, theyll stretch back out..

cool m1stral.. momos you gotta be patient with.. especially the jb's, i hear.. no real fading yet.. just the wallet.. the fade picks ive seen of the jb's im not too impressed with.. on their fb page, mostly.. looks like they just get dents and crumpling looking whiskers.. jays pair looks ok.. hoping mine turn out similiar.. but im just wearing them because i like the jean.. well see.. ive been looking for something else to throw into rotation.. i like momotaro, but not sure if i want a bunch of jeans i need to patient with to see wear.. and i only sleep in a pair to break them in faster.. whyd you wash yours so soon?

yeah, theyll stretch back out..

cool m1stral.. momos you gotta be patient with.. especially the jb's, i hear.. no real fading yet.. just the wallet.. the fade picks ive seen of the jb's im not too impressed with.. on their fb page, mostly.. looks like they just get dents and crumpling looking whiskers.. jays pair looks ok.. hoping mine turn out similiar.. but im just wearing them because i like the jean.. well see.. ive been looking for something else to throw into rotation.. i like momotaro, but not sure if i want a bunch of jeans i need to patient with to see wear.. and i only sleep in a pair to break them in faster.. whyd you wash yours so soon?

I didn't wash hem yet. Also while JB and Momo share the same owner they are completely different.

yeah, they use it to keep costs down..

m1stral, i know theyre diff.. was just saying that momotaros are hard to fade and jb's are supposedly harder..

im a little bit tempted to buy the new blue owl collabs right now, since it may be awhile before we see that type of cut again.. but i dont know if i want more jeans to have to be patient with.. the grand indigos, while not being my prefered cut,are a little tempting too.. i like the wear pics ive seen on sf, and the type of blue they turn to in a relatively short time..

yeah, they use it to keep costs down..

m1stral, i know theyre diff.. was just saying that momotaros are hard to fade and jb's are supposedly harder..

im a little bit tempted to buy the new blue owl collabs right now, since it may be awhile before we see that type of cut again.. but i dont know if i want more jeans to have to be patient with.. the grand indigos, while not being my prefered cut,are a little tempting too.. i like the wear pics ive seen on sf, and the type of blue they turn to in a relatively short time..

Momo's are quite stubborn indeed. But I won't mention them exactly as hard to fade. I've worn a 0201 for about 6 months on and off and have noticed "a lot of" fading. A lot of between brackets, because it isn't stunning progress, but I would say with some decent wear they can age fast.

The ER007-2B (Grand Indigo) and 0702 are maybe even fast faders, as I have seen from some pictures (satchelbmoore's pair is superb, given the amount of time he wore it).

The BlueOwl collabs are great, but I won't be purchasing for now. I have a lot of slim fitting cuts (I allready have 4 pairs of Momotaro's) at the moment. If Jay decides on another fit, I might jump the boat.

i was also asking kkaum why he washed his so soon.. jb's dont have their own topic on here.. i dont think too many people here own these..

Oh, sorry for that. Next time you might want to add @[insertnickname] if you try to comment on someone. Just a tip. Or use multiquote ;)

m1stral, yeah, my bad.. it seems like i was replying to both of you there in a mixed paragraph.. must have been late..

beautiful freak, i wouldnt be opposed to that.. sf does fine with just one topic, but i know other forums have started new ones for jb..

@jus schilling , I just soak them with cold water to reduce the bad smell :) It's summer time in Thailand and I'm sweating a lot. They can tell that I'm coming from far distance..ha..ha

I just learned that JB is sulphur dyed. I heard this method used for mass production. Will this make the fading look dull?

not really specific to jb but i picked up some jb 0102's and the fit is just like i thought, skinny guy ish. the pocket bags are pretty deep but the top block is so slim that i can't put anything in the pockets expect my iPhone and change. what are you guys doing to stretch the pockets? i tried putting some balled up socks in the top of the pockets and that worked to some extent but i couldn't still comfortably get things out of my pockets. the buttons aren't so tight that i can barely button them either.

i take that back.. ive tried to stretch them out.. not much budge.. but i feel you on the smokes.. i only keep mine in there when i have to.. i bought a holding case thing, dont really use it tho..

i just rolled up like 50 paper towels and jammed them at the top of my pockets while I'm at work. looks real funny but we'll see if it stretches a bit.

best name. best poster.

and just a heads up- the japan blue 0101's and 0100sp gtb's are being discontinued in favor of a new cut; lower rise, more taper- as far as i know.. so theyre both going for $150 at blue owl right now..

i already own the 0101's.. but i couldnt pass this up i bought a pair of 0100sp's.. did i just essentially just buy another pair of the same jeans with stripes on the back pocket? i know theres a pink in seam and diff. patch.. but theyre both the same in color, wear, production, etc?

i dont mind, i like the pair i have.. and its hard to find a good skinny model.. when i feel like i going stripes- ill go to battle.. if the pockets are plain, then you know im chill..

dude, i dont get that at all.. im a stick and these are just now not becoming jeggings on my calf.. theyre making a new model with more taper below the knee.. smh..

but yeah, i feel you.. i take measurements like that into serious consideration, which was why i got this other pair..

also, i dont know where you copped those so im not saying that youre measurements are wrong or off or anything or if you already know, my bad.. but if you got them online, chances are the site just used a generic measurement guide.. only a few shops measure the whole lot that they get- blue owl, self edge, a couple others.. most people dont know what the fuck theyre doing, ime..

the 0102's i picked up had a leg opening of 7.4 and the blue owl measurements were 8.0 for the 0101's. i measured the 0102's myself so i know they are accurate. the thighs are different by about half an inch as well. i emailed them to grab an actual measurement in myself. either way its a good deal @ 150

I tought the 0100 and 0101 are the same. The only difference being that the one model is purely Japan Blue and the other are "collab" jeans with Momotaro, featuring Momotaro-like details.

Still the most important detail misses... The pink selvage.