Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

@m1stral - Just curious as to what point you are trying to make? The copper label's aren't that slim.. and I was saying if "very slim" is what he was going for, then momo's aren't really for him. Yeah they're not like wg's but if we are going to compare momotaro's to Naked and Famous then they would fit more in the skinny guy category.

It's important to remember a lot of japanese brands are american repro's but with better quality of course

The point I wanted to make is that Momotaro does offer very slim cuts.

nice choice, i really do love that cut. speaking of.. i just gave mine their first machine wash today at something like six months. they look amazing, i'll get photos up soon because we have yet to see any faded japan blue x momo jeans.

new to Momotaro. brought a 705SP w33 and BOM01 w44 from Jay.

my actual size is w31 but i go for w33 as i love the loose look especially when i wear white's.

i am 180cm, hem down it from 34.5inch to 31.5 inch, hopefully it will not shrink when i wash it.

and did a 60mins warm water soak for the BOM01, it actually shrink a lot !!!

W34 down to W31.4 and inseam now only have 34inch... !!!!

here is some pic of hows 705SP fit.

P1020864.jpg

P1020866.jpg

P1020865.jpg

P1020867.jpg

Edited by sneakerbearz

soak my BOM01 w34 today with warm water around 90mins. now the waist shrink down to 31.4inch.

that seems like a big difference for a tag 34. most people report with momos that they will stretch back in a day or so with wear . . . hopefully that will happen for you

that seems like a big difference for a tag 34. most people report with momos that they will stretch back in a day or so with wear . . . hopefully that will happen for you

yay, i am sure it will stretch back a bit but stretch back 3inchs.....i doubt it

we were expecting it only shrink around 1inch thats why i go for w34 but it turn out a big change. also hem is 20cm after soak. hope it can help other ppl when they buy the same jeans.

Edited by sneakerbearz

I will post updates of my blueowl x momo colab later today or tomorrow since it's been a month and a half now, unfortunately with my new job ( Custom Fence and Deck building ) I haven't been able to wear them as much as I would like. I'm down to weekends only. On a side note i'm really glad to see this thread growing and more people buying momotaros!

I will post updates of my blueowl x momo colab later today or tomorrow since it's been a month and a half now, unfortunately with my new job ( Custom Fence and Deck building ) I haven't been able to wear them as much as I would like. I'm down to weekends only. On a side note i'm really glad to see this thread growing and more people buying momotaros!

sounds great! i am excited to see more of these new collabs . . . it's always great to login and see this thread active!

yay, i am sure it will stretch back a bit but stretch back 3inchs.....i doubt it

we were expecting it only shrink around 1inch thats why i go for w34 but it turn out a big change. also hem is 20cm after soak. hope it can help other ppl when they buy the same jeans.

Well. First off, the BOM's are unsanforized. Might be that these don't run true to tag like for instance N&F jeans (vanity sized). I assume so, as he states his waist size is normally 31.

Anyway. Here something else. Fresh 0702 fitpic.

6jik9l.jpg

Well. First off, the BOM's are unsanforized. Might be that these don't run true to tag like for instance N&F jeans (vanity sized). I assume so, as he states his waist size is normally 31.

Anyway. Here something else. Fresh 0702 fitpic.

6jik9l.jpg

those look good, is that a htc onex as well?

I'm in the same boat as you. Having the 0701's for over 6 months, but only wear them after work and in the weekends. Just started to break in and achieving some fades.

my BOM01 W34 down to W31.4 after one warm soak but it stretch back to W32.8 after only 30 mins wear. so i am very happy about it.

as Jay from BO suggest me to buy w34 if i want the actually size w33. and he is totally right and very professional. Thanks Jay.

Here is the pic of how BOM01 fit me.

tag size w34, actually size w32.8, hem 20cm, inseam 34.7inch.

P1020869.jpg

P1020870.jpg

P1020871.jpg

DO you think i hem too much on my 705SP ???

inseam 31.5inch.

P1020864.jpg

P1020865.jpg

P1020866.jpg

Edited by sneakerbearz

^he also posted [or some1 posted for him] here. don't remember if on this thread or the evo thread.

yea, iirc he rocked them dry__ w/c made for some distinctive atari fades..

@sneakerbearz__ what's your height, around 5'10-11ish? if yes, we're about the same height & prolly, weight.

31..5 on the 705 should be fine post soak, unless you prefer monster cuffs.

as for BOM01, you could have TTS since they were designed to fit slim/skinny & apparently you don't have "thigh issues". tho the "vintage version" denim is tight-weaved & does not stretch much, the waistband would've stretch close to raw measurements down the line.

Edited by BrownMetallic

^he also posted [or some1 posted for him] here. don't remember if on this thread or the evo thread.

yea, iirc he rocked them dry__ w/c made for some distinctive atari fades..

@sneakerbearz__ what's your height, around 5'10-11ish? if yes, we're about the same height & prolly, weight.

31..5 on the 705 should be fine post soak, unless you prefer monster cuffs.

as for BOM01, you could have TTS since they were designed to fit slim/skinny & apparently you don't have "thigh issues". tho the "vintage version" denim is tight-weaved & does not stretch much, the waistband would've stretch close to raw measurements down the line.

yay, we are around the same height.

the BOM01 turn out very good after i soak it. the waist back to around w33 just like the 705sp.

for me, i really feel they both a very similar cutting. i decided not to hem the BOM01. just do a double 1.5inch cuffs.

^wear them to work! ;)

right? I wear my raw levi's to work. I got them a year ago and only washed twice. and both washes have just been recently. It's weird but I haven't been able to find my pair of levi's anywhere online or in any other levi's store. I got them at a levi's boutique here in Portland, and they are actually out of business now. But my jeans get so nasty after just one day. covered in both dry and wet cement, saw dust, dirt, pvc and steel shavings. I'm not ready to turn that beautiful zimbabwe cotton into work jeans.

right? I wear my raw levi's to work. I got them a year ago and only washed twice. and both washes have just been recently. It's weird but I haven't been able to find my pair of levi's anywhere online or in any other levi's store. I got them at a levi's boutique here in Portland, and they are actually out of business now. But my jeans get so nasty after just one day. covered in both dry and wet cement, saw dust, dirt, pvc and steel shavings. I'm not ready to turn that beautiful zimbabwe cotton into work jeans.

i always thought about getting a cheap pair of unbrandeds for something like that . . . but even after one day, if you are covered in all of that filth, it really might be best to stick with dickies or other work pants and wash them as usual.

http://blueowlworksh...vintage_21.html

looking forward to hearing about these in detail, i believe there are a couple more pics on blue owl's facebook page

I've had the opportunity to try these on and if my memory serves me correct they are the same as the 1st collab as far as denim and cut is concerned.

if you give a pair of 201s or any vintage label denim a hot soak to get rid of most of the shrinkage, will they end up stretching back to their original measurements of +1 of the tag size, or will the stretch a bit further past this? i was specifically wondering if a pair of 34w will stretch to a 35.5 or so . . .