Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Want to pick up a pair of Momotaros, so im guessing "Tight Straight" is their slimmest cut?

thought i'd share these

fit is a lot better than when i first posted pictures of these a few months back

4 months of solid wear

sorry for the awkward pose

momotaro.jpg

momotaro2.jpg

Are these the 0705SP? The leg openings are a little too loose for me..

Would you recommend having Momotaro's leg openings altered?

^momoxblueowl collabo! more tapered fit than tight straight momotaro basic cut

http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7932000

Thanks but wear a 34, and according to Blueowl and other sites, the 0705SP are slimmer than the Blu owl x Momotaro collab denim..

I noticed that the 0705SP have different measurement on different sites. Is this because they were soaked prior?

0705sp are the sanforized version of 0701, shrinkage has been removed. collabs jeans use same denim as 0701 so they're unsanforized, and you can compare both fits/measurements to see the difference. what i recall, jay said the collabs jeans were tapered knee down.

Size 29 bom001 (29" waist, 8.6" rise, 10.2" thigh, 7.4" knee, 37" inseam, 6.75" leg opening)

size 29 0701 (30" waist, 10" rise, 10.5" thigh, 8.25" knee, 39" inseam, 7.5" leg opening)

Size 34 bom 001 (34" waist, 9.8" rise, 12.2" thigh, 9.25" knee, 37" inseam, 8.4" leg opening) --->you'll expect some amount of shrinkage

Size 34 0701 (35" waist, 11" rise, 12" thigh, 9.25" knee, 39" inseam, 8.5" leg opening)

Size 34 0705sp (34" waist, 11" rise, 11.75" thigh, 9.1" knee, 35.5" inseam, 8.25" leg opening)

if it doesnt help, shoot jay an email....

Want to pick up a pair of Momotaros, so im guessing "Tight Straight" is their slimmest cut?

Are these the 0705SP? The leg openings are a little too loose for me..

Would you recommend having Momotaro's leg openings altered?

they are 0705sp

the leg opening does get a little bit slimmer when uncuffed

^ Cool thanks. Looking at 0705SP or G017MB copper label..

Which would you recommend for a first pair?

I would recommend Japan Blue as your first pair, only $200 and very great jeans. I've tried them all on. and if really slim is what you're going for momotaro isn't your brand. especially the copper labels. Read through the thread you will see pics and descriptions of how they fit. I would strongly reccommend these

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/04/introducing-japan-blue-tapered-fit.html

Jay is the best to work with, and if your on the west coast take a trip up to bellevue and go to his show room. Amazing collection. I finally settled on the new collab but went there wanting the new copper labels.

I would recommend Japan Blue as your first pair, only $200 and very great jeans. I've tried them all on. and if really slim is what you're going for momotaro isn't your brand. especially the copper labels. Read through the thread you will see pics and descriptions of how they fit. I would strongly reccommend these

http://blueowlworksh...apered-fit.html

Jay is the best to work with, and if your on the west coast take a trip up to bellevue and go to his show room. Amazing collection. I finally settled on the new collab but went there wanting the new copper labels.

Nice, thanks.

I've been browsing through Blue owl's page forever and this is the first time i seen these. Will definitely be picking up a pair

i can't get over momo denim . . . i've been wearing my nf deep indigos for the past month, as im trying to get them broken in before summer really starts, and i tried on my nf x momo skinnys tonight, my legs feel like they are wrapped in silk . . . it's amazing.

i really need to get a pair of vintage denim. i can't decide on a fit though, i'm leaning towards the 201 . . .

Edited by hawkway

i can't get over momo denim . . . i've been wearing my nf deep indigos for the past month, as im trying to get them broken in before summer really starts, and i tried on my nf x momo skinnys tonight, my legs feel like they are wrapped in silk . . . it's amazing.

i really need to get a pair of vintage denim. i can't decide on a fit though, i'm leaning towards the 201 . . .

If you like the SG fit then probably the 0701 will suit you best. Unless you're intending on getting a different cut.

If you want to experience real soft Momo denim, try on a pair of one-washed from their offerings. Just like sweatpants.

Jay - You already know I don't really like the WG cut (maybe you can guess who I am?) but if you did a little tweaking to how it fits in the upper block I think you might be onto something. I was thinking the ideal weirdguy would be more of a mid rise, or maybe even the same rise as the weird guy high, but either way the place that needs tweaking on that fit is the button fly. Weird guys' button fly's work well on the ultra-low rise they have, but the problem with fits like WGH and paulrose slim is that they basically slapped that same tiny fly onto a high rise jean. Pretty sure this is the cause of the hip flare I always complain about on that fit. If you took how the WG's fit in the leg and gave it a reworked upper block, you would have an awesome cut in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about WG's is that they feel like I'm wearing girljeans even though the legs aren't tight...

Edited by sehns

super dope fit, you should let those stack!

can you post pics with the stacks please??

Theo only proper solution would be a hem. Though stacking is most suitable to tapered fits, I wouldn't do it at pairs which have a rather large leg opening... The 0201 belongs in that category.

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/04/introducing-japan-blue-tapered-fit.html

The tight straight cut is a good slim fit. Sure, it doesn't taper as much as for instance a N&F WG, nor is it painted on like a pair of skinny jeans... But nonetheless it's a very flattering cut.

So saying Momotaro doesn't offer slim fits is out of question. Doesn't make a difference wheter you take Vintage, GTB or Copper label.

On the other hand... There are slimmer cuts available, but that is not the point I'm trying to make.

@lightvii - They're still new so you won't find many fit pics, I imagined anyone who got them would post here so check back.

@m1stral - Just curious as to what point you are trying to make? The copper label's aren't that slim.. and I was saying if "very slim" is what he was going for, then momo's aren't really for him. Yeah they're not like wg's but if we are going to compare momotaro's to Naked and Famous then they would fit more in the skinny guy category.

It's important to remember a lot of japanese brands are american repro's but with better quality of course