Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I know JB X Momo is sanforized but I read something about japanese sanforized denim still shrinking a fair bit somewhere.

Should i soak before I start to wear my JP 0701s?

No need really... shrinks 1-2% with hot soak, stretches out easily again.

Thanks Wheeler, I suspected as much. I'll have them hemmed 2cm too long. @ Ruby I doubt they will stretch back in length. I don't want them to become too short after a couple of washes. You're right about the waist though.

Of course. Sorry, meant the waist... Shrinkage in length is about 1" to1.5". At Capsule Paris we had some factory rinsed models, there was barely a difference compared to RAW. (2cm diff in length.) My 0700SP didn't move that much either after a hot machine rinse...

Hey all, should I hot soak the N&F x Momo 2s I just bought? I know they are sanforized but was wondering if a hot soak would help them fit a little better.

no hot soak needed.... and what do you mean by "fit a little better"? are they too loose? got the wrong size?

they would shrink about an inch in waist after first wash/soak and stretch back again.

no hot soak needed.... and what do you mean by "fit a little better"? are they too loose? got the wrong size?

they would shrink about an inch in waist after first wash/soak and stretch back again.

Well I want them to contour to my body a little better, or would that just happen over time with wear? I think the size I got is perfect, fits great.

Been wearing these Grand Indigo's for a month. Went probably 3 days max not wearing them. A stitch broke on the 2nd day. The Woman did a mini fix it when I was asleep. This week 3 other stitches broke in the crotch, progress lol. They stand out to me because the thread is pink. I love thrashing these, Wasn't expecting the threads to break so fast. Oh well. I'm just leaving them as is until they look like a rotten apple then I'll take em in for a repair. These have been the most comfortable denim I have put on though. 2nd skin.

P.S. Sorry for the annoying bathroom lighting. I promise next time I'll pull out the Nikon and go to the living room

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Edited by TheGanjaLife

nice fades theganjalife.

Anyway, anybody knows whether should I get a size 31 or 32 for 0705sp? I wear a samurai 710 size 30 tts and IH 634s size 29, downsized one. I tried size 30 and it's definitely a snug fit, cant button up top 2 buttons.

What i'm worrying is the thigh area. I'm not sure about size 31, but if I get size 32, I may have a diaper ass look jeans.

Is the 0805sp same cut as IH634s? Anyone enlighten me? Thanks!

Edited by leooell

i just got a pair of 0700sp and theyre super tight pre-soak. how much do these things stretch usually?

My 0701s are really tight too. After a month I got about an inch of stretch in the waist, but not much else. I just don't understand fit pictures like this

2946020119521113219891333_L.jpg

when the same cut looks like this

MhgDr.jpg

on me. Inconsistencies in the cut maybe?

i just got a pair of 0700sp and theyre super tight pre-soak. how much do these things stretch usually?

They wont stretch much. I am three months into mine and the hip area is still very tight. btw, i size down 2 on this one. Should hv gone with 1 or TTS.

nice fades theganjalife.

Anyway, anybody knows whether should I get a size 31 or 32 for 0705sp? I wear a samurai 710 size 30 tts and IH 634s size 29, downsized one. I tried size 30 and it's definitely a snug fit, cant button up top 2 buttons.

What i'm worrying is the thigh area. I'm not sure about size 31, but if I get size 32, I may have a diaper ass look jeans.

705's are very slim in the thighs and they don't stretch very much. If you are debating between 31 and 32 you will probably be better off with the 32. I sized up from 34 to 36 in the 705's. The thighs still ended up snug and no diaper ass. I just tried them on to make sure. I Ended up getting a nice snug fit through the top block and waist. I believe the 705's are Momotaro's slimmest fit.

Edited by DMV

nice fades theganjalife.

i already replied your pm leo...

yes 0805sp and ih634s are pretty much similar. you should check Nordic denim house measurement (especially the thigh), if you wear 710 size 30, you will be fine with 0705 size 31....

My 0701s are really tight too. After a month I got about an inch of stretch in the waist, but not much else. I just don't understand fit pictures like this

2946020119521113219891333_L.jpg

when the same cut looks like this

MhgDr.jpg

on me. Inconsistencies in the cut maybe?

Sizing up? Say you're 30 and take size 32, that would seem like a totally different cut.