Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

A few posts back I see a few comments about the Grand Indigos. I need to clear some things up so there is no confusion.

The Grand Indigo fabric is a 85% sanforized raw. It will shrink a minor amount, but not enough to worry about. When we received our first shipment of Grand Indigo I got a pair myself and wanted to test the shrinkage. With a one hour hot soak/hang dry they shrank abou 3/4" in the inseam and about 3/4" iin the waist line. After the first wear, they stretch back to original measurements. After about 3-4 months of wear, they stretched a solid 1" in the waist line and about 1/2" in the thigh. If anyone has question on sizing on this model or any others, feel free to e-mail me directly.

FYI....

1) 0702 come out of production next week, be in store late January.

2) I have 3 secret collaborations with Momotaro in the works to drop in approximately April, July, and September respectively. These 3 collaborations will feature slimmer fits. More details on these will be coming up in a few weeks.

.....Hi Rob :)

@theganjalife - How are you liking those so far, how did you size? I was considering them because they look so dope, just wondering if they are worth it.

Love em. The most comfortable & most appealing pair of denim I have ever had. Every detail of the jean is on point. I literally got the jean for exactly every detail it has and I wasn't disappointed. The Denim feels different than anything else I am used to. Almost reminds me of a khaki pant but it is denim. Ever day it gets softer, and softer. When I wear them sitting down I forget I even am wearing pants.......weird I know. I got a 31, they measure 32". I measure between 32 1/2-33 and the jean themselves measures 32" so they fit perfectly snug on me. I am lifting again so they'll keep a nice fit on my legs.They fit great on the waist for me, I couldn't go a size down I tried. I could wear them without a belt if I wanted. Get them if you are thinking about it. I especially love the sulphur weft how it sits under the warp indigo, it makes the jean such a blue in person I can't really describe. After seeing some evo shots of these contrasty fades. I can't wait.

@theganjalife - How are you liking those so far, how did you size? I was considering them because they look so dope, just wondering if they are worth it.

Edited by TheGanjaLife

.....Hi Rob :)

Hi Jay ! Thx for correcting the Grand Bleu spec's... bizarre, because Ta & Ki briefed me on this one 2 seasons back...

Talk soon :-)

I know, Kishi is the expert of production and I talk to T, in charge of the process... 10°C controlled temp. But it doesn't matter in fact... Cheers

my 0700 SP fit. i'll be wearing just these jeans on a five month cross country trek. so they are going to see some real abuse.

i'll keep you guys posted.

That's nice. Curious to see how they change over time, so far haven't seen a decent faded JB pair.

oh word that's cool i live in ann arbor also. You a student at u of m? damn and i thought i was gonna be the only person in ann arbor with some momotaros lol

a2 represent.

Used to be. I work for the university now.

Don't see selvage/raw denim much here. Saw some guy w/ Imperials last week..

True, but these also state that they are raw in their description, while we all know that the GTB line is one wash

Momotaro "Going to Battle" 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0705sp

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7976000

Also, Momotaro's are known for being partially sanforized, still the Vintage Label manages to shrink up to 2" in the length and comes with an inseam long enough to counter it. The Grand Indigo, while said being sanforized comes with an 35,5" which is exactly the same as the one wash models Momotaro offers. This makes me think that somewhat they are laundered, if not in seawater, but it's known that the so called sanforized/partially sanforzed models shrink a ton.

Momotaro's Vintage Label line is completely unsanforized, I've emailed with Gordon about this before. There was a time when he thought it was partially sanforized, but he has since learned from Momotaro that they are completely unsanforized, and that's why you don't see any mention of partial sanforization anymore on any of the Momotaro Vintage Line models on the BiG site. The one exception to this is the 705 GTB model, that model is sanforized and one-washed. But the 201, 701, etc. are all unsanforized.

Thanks for your opinion on this... Though I allready knew the ER models were from another line, so called Europe Label, which was made for customers overzeas. Apparently it wasn't a real succes, but I reckon this has to do with the fact that the real deal was/is fairly easy to obtain, surely if you are into denim.

The concensus had been for a long period that Momotaro partially sanforized jeans, which is... When you think of it, complete bullshit. You either sanforize or not. Think this has to do with the "false" info on the flashers regarding the GTB and Copper Label models, which state they are sanforized, while they are one wash.

Rubyblue, do you have an estimated guess on when the 0702 will be available? I'm intending on copping a pair when it gets released.

Partial sanforization really exists, I have emailed Gordon about this before as well. As you all may know, sanforizing denim involves running it through hot rollers repeatedly to get it to shrink before it is cut and sewn into jeans. With partial sanforization, you either run it though the rollers at a lower temperature or you run it through for less time, or some combination of the two, than the standard for full sanforization.

momotaroXcontext grand indigo 0701MCXX

9 months daily wear. no washes. pretty grimey at this point

repaired once at context.

more pictures here

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Looks excellent to me

And indeed nice wasabi

Yes, if you prefer a straight fit. But then you shouldn't buy a 0705, but a 0905. 0705 should fit slimmer like I stated before, but nonetheless the fit is good, only not as it should be.

momotaroXcontext grand indigo 0701MCXX

9 months daily wear. no washes. pretty grimey at this point

repaired once at context.

more pictures here

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

I've posted these some time ago in this thread, with (offcourse) your credentials. They are absolutely stunning.